• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebevan91

Yeah I would love a Jirachi event or even a capturable one in-game.

It is the only Pokemon I do not have.

BurningWhiteKyurem

I'm part of the ones who want Wally to have a Gardevoir because it fits, and it's not just a matter of taste, Gardevoir is said to protect it's trainer from danger

So Wally beeing a sick kid who goes in a journey around Hoenn must need a pokémon who protects him, and wich better than Gardevoir? I truly believe that was the main reason behind why GF gave him a Gardevoir in first place. Yes, Gallade's pokedex entry says he protects people too, but as the "Embrace Pokémon" Gardevoir fits better to Wally's situation.

On the other hand, the Ralts that wally gets could be female or male, or even shiny, but in the final evolution it will always be a regular male Gardevoir.

That might be reading a bit too into Gardevoir's dex entry. If I recall correctly, the whole reason why Wally went to get a Ralts was because he wanted to realize his dream of being a Pokemon Trainer. That's because I'm looking at Wally's catching tutorial as if it was an isolated event, not necessarily because of thematic reasons.

Pretty sure you remember incorrectly. His Ralts is always Male (can't remember if it always is during the initial encounter, but it is in every subsequent encounter).

I remember it was varied in the initial encounter, but now I see that all subsequent encounter it's Male. In that case, now that Gardevoir (despite being able to be male) and Gallade have some gender traits, it'd be a cool idea to see the RNG determine what kind of Mega-Evolution Wally gets.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
That might be reading a bit too into Gardevoir's dex entry. If I recall correctly, the whole reason why Wally went to get a Ralts was because he wanted to realize his dream of being a Pokemon Trainer. That's because I'm looking at Wally's catching tutorial as if it was an isolated event, not necessarily because of thematic reasons.

Yes, but GameFreak could have chosen any of the other Pokémon (including the extremely common Zigzagoon and Wurmple) but they chose specifically to give him a Ralts (with it's 4% chance). I would think they wanted to give him a starter of significance and one that would help the sick boy get better.

I remember it was varied in the initial encounter, but now I see that all subsequent encounter it's Male. In that case, now that Gardevoir (despite being able to be male) and Gallade have some gender traits, it'd be a cool idea to see the RNG determine what kind of Mega-Evolution Wally gets.

That'd be a bit pointless since that means for a select number of players, they'd get a repeat of a Mega. I don't know, I think Wally shouldn't get a Mega at all.

Thure

You could say the ame about Ash and Pikachu... Wal ly didn't choose Ralts for a reason. But GameFreake gives him Ralts for a reason and not another Pokemon.

thatdude53

You might want to read these articles, it should give you a good idea of Game Freak's stance on this issue:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/11/pokemon-unlikely-to-get-microtransactions-or-dlc-in-the-future
http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/news/a517003/pokemon-x-and-y-wont-receive-online-patches-to-rebalance-moves-types.html#~oK8YNzqv4BCGqy

Game Freak takes a very conservative approach when it comes to download content, they don't seem to want to rely on them too much for additional content. And like Akashin said, past games have left mid gen forms and moves exclusive to their debut games, so it's possible they would decide to do the same with the new Mega Evolutions in ORAS.

Sorry for the late reply. My internet was down for a couple of days. Those links you provide nothing to your prove your point. They will most definitely require an updating patch. Just imagine the next world championships. Oh you can't play with your new megas because you can only use the old ones in XY, or vice-versa. Of course they could always do it like they did in the fourth generation, but no. It was different in the past with the new pokemon forms. They had no other options available to them at the time because the DS system were not capable of updating any of their games. That would be like GF not using 3D and always just using sprites. The technology is available. They also could introduce completely new pokemon as well. People especially the naysayers need to accept that there is only one reason why they won't do any of the above: because they choose not to do it. Which in my opinion is not going to happen. This isn't Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, or SoulSilver on the DS. This is XY and ORAS on the 3DS. Accept it.

Last edited:

R_N

Sorry for the late reply. My internet was down for a couple of days. Those links you provide nothing to your prove your point. They will most definitely require an updating patch. Just imagine the next world championships.
Worlds always defaults to the latest game available. Worlds 2013 used BW2, Worlds 2010 used HGSS, 2009 used Platinum, etc

thatdude53

Worlds always defaults to the latest game available. Worlds 2013 used BW2, Worlds 2010 used HGSS, 2009 used Platinum, etc

True, but there is no reason as to why they can't force an updating patch and allow both games now. I love the future occurring. Nothing can hold Pokemon back anymore.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Sorry for the late reply. My internet was down for a couple of days. Those links you provide nothing to your prove your point. They will most definitely require an updating patch. Just imagine the next world championships. Oh you can't play with your new megas because you can only use the old ones in XY, or vice-versa. It was different in the past with the new pokemon forms. They had no other options available to them at the time because the DS system were not capable of updating any of their games. That would be be like GF not using 3D and always just using sprites. The technology is available. They also could introduce completely new pokemon as well. People especially the naysayers need to accept that there is only reason why they won't do any of the above: because they choose not to do it. Which in my opinion is not going to happen. This isn't Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, or SoulSilver on the DS. This is XY and ORAS on the 3DS. Accept it.

You missed the point of those interviews. Yes, the only thing keeping Game Freak from patching the game is themselves, but that's just it, Game Freak resists new technology. And those are two instances where the technology benefits the games in some way, but they refuse to take advantage of it. So this is far from a done deal, they're not "required" to do anything, it's their game. They get to make the decision of whether or not to use patches, not you.

thatdude53

You missed the point of those interviews. Yes, the only thing keeping Game Freak from patching the game is themselves, but that's just it, Game Freak resists new technology. And those are two instances where the technology benefits the games in some way, but they refuse to take advantage of it. So this is far from a done deal, they're not "required" to do anything, it's their game. They get to make the decision of whether or not to use patches, not you.

And I'm not making that decision. It's obvious by the latest interviews that GF has said ORAS will change the competitive playing field. That means new megas, moves, and even more that's currently unseen at the moment. How else would that happen if we as the players could not connect to each other in an updating fashion? This isn't some form of paid DLC where they add new pokemon, moves, and items for the sake of money. No. This is beyond different. It's a patch that updates all latest pokemon games to the current meta of this generation. And the only reason we didn't get XY sooner is because A.) GF wanted to reach a larger audience, which at the time was mainly DS owners, and B.) because they wanted more time to perfect the first try with 3D technology. I'm not saying "This has to happen because it can happen!" but rather "This will eventually happen because it can happen."

thiagomestres

Their position is not conservative, it's profitable. Why upgrade a game you already sold when you can release a new one with this feature and sell it?

This is called planned obsolescence.

thatdude53

Their position is not conservative, it's profitable. Why upgrade a game you already sold when you can release a new one with this feature and sell it?

Because the point of the Pokemon franchise is to be connected throughout all trainers and pokemon alike. And if they their "position" was only profit we'd have paid DLC which they are strictly against.

GoldCyndaquil

Shiny Hunter

Because without upgrading the game they have issues. We're getting new moves, we know that. It's one thing for Megas, but Kyogre's and Groudon's new moves (assuming they ARE new moves) are not programmed into X and Y...that would force those Pokemon from battling.

thatdude53

Because without upgrading the game they have issues. We're getting new moves, we know that. It's one thing for Megas, but Kyogre's and Groudon's new moves (assuming they ARE new moves) are not programmed into X and Y...that would force those Pokemon from battling.

Exactly! Do any of you personally think we are going to get completely new moves that aren't exactly signature moves? It's all but confirmed that we're getting at a least different TM/HM list with rock smash being an hidden move once again.

GoldCyndaquil

Shiny Hunter
Exactly! Do any of you personally think we are going to get completely new moves that aren't exactly signature moves? It's all but confirmed that we're getting at a least different TM/HM list with rock smash being an hidden move once again.

New moves other than Kyogre and Groudon's? No, I don't. They're just special cases since they're the mascots. I mean I guess we could but I don't think we will.

thatdude53

New moves other than Kyogre and Groudon's? No, I don't. They're just special cases since they're the mascots. I mean I guess we could but I don't think we will.

I would love some more fairy moves. It's probably my favorite type. Of course I understand that it's very new so a lot will be added in future generations, but one of my favorite moves is Scald. I wish they would create an equivalent for the other types. It's so different in that it pretty much two different implied types, water and fire, but in actuality it's just a water move with an added chance of burning the foe. I think that's what the eighth gym will hand out unless of course if they copy/paste the exact TM/HM move list from RSE.

Lol. First, they are workers, not nuns. Their job is to make money, not "connect the world". Second, game's money > DLC's money.

Are you serious? Of course GF as a company wants to make money as a business, but that's not their only goal. Do you not understand what The Pokemon Company and GameFreak stand for? They have other goals like making sure each player not only purchases their product but also enjoy it continuously throughout each consecutive play.

Last edited:

thatdude53

I'm not talking to you.

I'm talking about that:

Like seriously, you're actually serious? What I said is exactly why Pokemon was created for: battling and trading; connectivity! I was not aware there was any type of dispute of this!

thiagomestres

Are you serious? Of course GF as a company wants to make money as a business, but that's not their only goal. Do you not understand what The Pokemon Company and GameFreak stand for? They have other goals like making sure each player not only purchases their product but also enjoy it continuously throughout each consecutive play.
Yeah and that's why Pokémon games have NLC. Oh wait... they don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.