• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanthehuman

I can definitely see the Salamancite or whatever it ends up being called being found in the secret room of Meteor Falls. Saybeye's i can see being in either the deepest section of Granite cave or given/hidden in/on Mt Pyre.

I was thinking that Sableyes/Mawiles (version exclusives and all) could be found in the Cave of Origin, then Mt. Pyre can hold Banette's Mega Stone. Heracross/Pinsir's at Fortree City or one of the surrounding routes, Manectric's at New Mauville, Gyarados' at Sootopolis City, Aggron's at Granite Cave, Medicham's at Victory Road and Alakazam's in the Trick House?

Smeargle1987

Reckless Trainer
Would be great if we got these things. Please GF give us a good post game.

I can definitely see the Salamancite or whatever it ends up being called being found in the secret room of Meteor Falls. Saybeye's i can see being in either the deepest section of Granite cave or given/hidden in/on Mt Pyre.

You are missing trainer customisation:p

TheMaster327

I kind of want trainers' Pokémon to gain Exp if they KO your Pokémon, therefore you could get them up to high levels via rematches so you can train against them.

ryanthehuman

I kind of want trainers' Pokémon to gain Exp if they KO your Pokémon, therefore you could get them up to high levels via rematches so you can train against them.

Or after you've defeated them a certain amount of times their levels get boosted, like how your rival's team had higher levels the more that you'd beaten the Elite Four.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member

Who would really want to get KO'd just for the sake of this.

Or after you've defeated them a certain amount of times their levels get boosted, like how your rival's team had higher levels the more that you'd beaten the Elite Four.

Actually, all trainers registered on the Match Call get their teams grow and level up four times.
For 5th rematch and onwards, they keep the team from their 4th rematch.

This feature already exists.

mykalriley

@pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
Who would really want to get KO'd just for the sake of this.

Actually, all trainers registered on the Match Call get their teams grow and level up four times.
For 5th rematch and onwards, they keep the team from their 4th rematch.

This feature already exists.

I ...did not know this. Interesting.

Can Mega Stones be stored via Bank? I'm sure this has been asked and answered numerous times, but I seem to have missed it.

mykalriley

@pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
I've come up with something else I would like to see in these games..

Not only the return of WonderTrade, as I find it a fun and useful system, and love the idea that you never know what you're going to get, but perhaps they could tweak it a bit. I find it frustrating at times to send out say, an extra Vaporeon that I've got, Lvl 60 and receive a Caterpie. -.- That isn't cool. So maybe, they could have it set to where it automatically sorts by levels... If you send out something between say, levels 30-50, you get something between level 30-50 back...

SilverFlame7

Wandering Trainer
Extreme Desire (just realized this would work):
Mirage Island appears and reappears, right?
Hoopa can teleport islands.

-Mirage Island gets teleported by Hoopa in the post game and you go and catch it

I like this idea. I think I only ever made it to Mirage Island ONCE, and tbh, it didn't seem worth the insane random chance for it to appear. Making a legendary or a Mega Stone might add to the appeal and this concept would make it infinitely easier (thought I would expect some kind of sidequest to "activate" Hoopa's teleporting so it doesn't happen automatically) I do wish something would be done too with the space station. I mean the backstory with Rayquaza and Deoxys existing in space were there, so why not implement it? I do hope Rayquaza gets a decent role in the story regardless, even if it is not as extensive as Emerald

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
I like this idea. I think I only ever made it to Mirage Island ONCE, and tbh, it didn't seem worth the insane random chance for it to appear. Making a legendary or a Mega Stone might add to the appeal and this concept would make it infinitely easier (thought I would expect some kind of sidequest to "activate" Hoopa's teleporting so it doesn't happen automatically) I do wish something would be done too with the space station. I mean the backstory with Rayquaza and Deoxys existing in space were there, so why not implement it? I do hope Rayquaza gets a decent role in the story regardless, even if it is not as extensive as Emerald

And don't forget that it could have ended up having something to do with Jirachi too.

Mutant Mesprit

Fairy Tale Boy
This isn't too big, but I wanna be able to catch Kalos pokemon in ORAS, whether they be a '10% encounter chance' kind of thing or like encountering Audino in BWBW2.

I also think it'd be nice if we could evolve the cosplay Pikachu. I want my Raichu in a frilly dress! ;026;

Machomacho

My hopes of ever getting new pokemon in the Hoen dex has been squashed. I check how far the known pokedex number of each pokemon known so far for oras, and it turns out it fits for only Gallade, budew, Roserade, dusknoir, chingling, magnezone, probopass, froslass, and one other evolution of some prior pokemon. Mid more get added past Metagross, I don't know. I really do hope so.

I also suspect for their to be an equal number of new Megas like x and y. Hoping Flygon, some Unova, Sinnoh, and Kalos pokes are given Megas, mega Meowstic would be awesome. I also want the next issue of corocoro to give us the rat of the gym leaders and elite four.

Rapiido

My hopes of ever getting new pokemon in the Hoen dex has been squashed. I check how far the known pokedex number of each pokemon known so far for oras, and it turns out it fits for only Gallade, budew, Roserade, dusknoir, chingling, magnezone, probopass, froslass, and one other evolution of some prior pokemon. Mid more get added past Metagross, I don't know. I really do hope so.

They are remakes after all... Kanto and Johto's remakes didn't expand the dex (pre-post game), why would these?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
They are remakes after all... Kanto and Johto's remakes didn't expand the dex (pre-post game), why would these?

Johto's Dex was expanded in HG/SS, albeit slightly. But I agree for the most part. The idea of a huge Hoenn Dex overhaul always seemed like wishful thinking imo.

Mega Mightyena it would be AWESOME make it a cerberus!
Why would it turn into a cerberus? Mightyena is just a regular hyena. Houndoom on the other hand would have been perfect candidate for a cerberus Mega/regular evo, as it is as close to a hell hound as pokémon will get. Unfortunatly it already has a separate mega and I don't see it getting another one.
I agree. I don't see why people are so surprised by this. FRLG didn't include any new pokémon and HGSS only included the ones they absolutely had to. ORAS will even include the ones that can be excluded(like evolutions through items) so it's more than the older remakes did.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Manectric's at New Mauville

Better idea:

You get the Manectite from Wattson as a reward for the New Mauville sidequest instead of the TM for Thunderbolt.

Third versions and sequels make actual significant improvements over their original games. Why should remakes be exempt?

what are Buneary, Lopunny, Audino, Slowpoke, Slowbro, and Slowking, chopped liver?

Yes.

They're probably going to all be post game.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Is there any reason ORAS shouldn't include newer Pokemon compounded into the classic mix beyond "well it's a remake and nostalgia"? In the context of the Pokemon counts of BW2 and XY, a 210-mon Dex would stick out like a sore thumb now; when the appeal of the games is utilizing a vast array of monsters to become a master monster-utilizer, why would you not want a vaster array of monsters to utilize? Enhancing the original game and mitigating its flaws is supposedly the whole point of remakes, so wouldn't reducing the redundancy of the distribution be a reasonable flaw to expect a remake to mitigate? If XY dumped a ton of useful Pokemon on the player as a means of dumbing down the difficulty towards what Game Freak believes is appropriate for modern vidya, and they want ORAS to be a modern vidya, wouldn't it be reasonable to expect ORAS to follow XY's lead in that regard?

Yes.

They're probably going to all be post game.

If it's anything like XY, that would only apply to Mega Stones.

Status
Not open for further replies.