• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Photonkrios95

what are Buneary, Lopunny, Audino, Slowpoke, Slowbro, and Slowking, chopped liver?

Well, if this is suggestive of anything its that Slow(poke/bro/king) wont be included in the Regional dex.

Synn

Female Dragon Tamer
After looking at the dex numbers for the pokemon featured in the pre-release Contest screenshots there's some number changes.
Milotic was #141 it's now #146 (+5) Expecting: Gallade, Probopass, Magnezone, Budew and Roserade
Pikachu was #156 it's now #163 (+2) Expecting: Dusknoir and Chingling
Salamence was #189 it's now #198 (+2) Expecting: Rhyperior and Froslass

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
anyone think we can trade from the getgo? I really want to stack up on the event shiny beldums.
Couldn't you just store them on Pokebank, then delete your game data, rinse repeat? I've never done it, so it's just an idea.

That aside, now that we have so many Mega Pokemon, the next thing I want revealed is actual game exclusives, more importantly, which mega stones are exclusive.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
It was kind of odd that XY even did it that way in the first place. There's no reason why they would have to be distributed in the main games if the Mega Stone is just going to be post game.

Probably because XY has no actual post-game areas, and it would be a dick move to force you to transfer the actual Pokemon from Gen V to Mega-Evolve them.

Well, if this is suggestive of anything its that Slow(poke/bro/king) wont be included in the Regional dex.

I can't read Japanese, so would you mind telling me what it says?

AuraStorm13

Undaunted Explorer
So, am I the only one who wants the Creation Trio to show up in ORAS, in a similar vein to how the Weather Trio were obtainable in HGSS? I mean, the Creation Trio haven't been readily obtainable since Platinum, unless you count the Dream Radar, which I don't as you still need the Carts for that method. So really, they haven't been around for awhile, so it'd be awfully convenient to have them show up here. Having to go back to Gen 4 to pick them up for one reason or another can just drag on at times, so to make them more readily available would be nice. That and I'd love to see a 6th Gen rendition of Dialga/Palkia's and Giratina's theme.

Last edited:

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
Couldn't you just store them on Pokebank, then delete your game data, rinse repeat? I've never done it, so it's just an idea.

That aside, now that we have so many Mega Pokemon, the next thing I want revealed is actual game exclusives, more importantly, which mega stones are exclusive.

I would assume the person would also want to farm Metagrossite.

I don't think we knew Mega Stone exclusives until the game was released.

Dragoniss

I'm 26 now, why am I still here?
I would assume the person would also want to farm Metagrossite.

That would be cool if you could store items with pokemon in pokebank. As of right now I don't believe you can do that, at least I remember it forcing you to remove items from pokemon when transferring them. [which is why we only have normal gems now.]

ShadowMaster666

Lord of Darkness
I was thinking that Sableyes/Mawiles (version exclusives and all) could be found in the Cave of Origin, then Mt. Pyre can hold Banette's Mega Stone. Heracross/Pinsir's at Fortree City or one of the surrounding routes, Manectric's at New Mauville, Gyarados' at Sootopolis City, Aggron's at Granite Cave, Medicham's at Victory Road and Alakazam's in the Trick House?

Forgot Banette had a Mega so it could be in Mt Pyre yeah. Like your other suggestions too. I can see Wally giving you the Gardovoirite in the post game seeing as its his signiture Poke.

You are missing trainer customisation:p

Figured that was a given.

I've come up with something else I would like to see in these games..

Not only the return of WonderTrade, as I find it a fun and useful system, and love the idea that you never know what you're going to get, but perhaps they could tweak it a bit. I find it frustrating at times to send out say, an extra Vaporeon that I've got, Lvl 60 and receive a Caterpie. -.- That isn't cool. So maybe, they could have it set to where it automatically sorts by levels... If you send out something between say, levels 30-50, you get something between level 30-50 back...

That would be good. Love wonder trade would be nice if it made it less likely for you to get a Pokemon you already have. Not completely rule it out just lower the probability.

So, am I the only one who wants the Creation Trio to show up in ORAS, in a similar vein to how the Weather Trio were obtainable in HGSS? I mean, the Creation Trio haven't been readily obtainable since Platinum, unless you count the Dream Radar, which I don't as you still need the Carts for that method. So really, they haven't been around for awhile, so it'd be awfully convenient to have them show up here. Having to go back to Gen 4 to pick them up for one reason or another can just drag on at times, so to make them more readily available would be nice. That and I'd love to see a 6th Gen rendition of Dialga/Palkia's and Giratina's theme.

I can see this possibly happening. FRLG gave us access to a member of the Johto legendary trio. HGSS gave us access to one of the Hoenn trios so its possible they'll give us access to one of the Sinnoh trios in ORAS.

Alli

That would be cool if you could store items with pokemon in pokebank. As of right now I don't believe you can do that, at least I remember it forcing you to remove items from pokemon when transferring them. [which is why we only have normal gems now.]

Which reminds me: dear gamefreak, please bring the gems back for oras! Imagine acrobatics talonflame with a flying gem?

Photonkrios95

I can't read Japanese, so would you mind telling me what it says?

Short version, relating to the bottom part, which is the relevant part, trade the family from XY to ORAS.

ryanthehuman

I expect that Water Pulse, Giga Drain, Bullet Seed, Skill Swap, Snatch, Focus Punch and Iron Tail will return as Move Tutor moves, since these were all TMs back in RSE. Hopefully Dragon Pulse, Aqua Tail, Stealth Rock, Knock Off, Heat Wave, Signal Beam, Iron Head, Outrage, Sucker Punch, Earth Power, Drain Punch, Seed Bomb and the elemental punches all make a return, too. Although that's probably asking for too much. Sweet Scent would also make a good tutor move because of the hordes.

As for new moves introduced in XY, I have a suspicion that the terrain moves will be available from Move Tutors. Freeze-Dry, Boomburst, Petal Blizzard, Moonblast and Play Rough would all make really good tutor moves as well.

Edit: Sticky Web is a must for Move Tutors as well!

Last edited:

Navarch

I'm just really hoping we get a good post-game. I got so bored with X and Y, ugh. I would grow berries and buy tons of clothes...for what? We need a creative and interesting Battle Frontier. One thing I really want is the Rental Frontier like they had in Platinum. It was so much fun to try out different Pokemon. X and Y really didn't do it for me, so here's to ORAS! (I honestly think I'm going to return my copy of X to the store when I get ORAS..)

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
One thing I really want is the Rental Frontier like they had in Platinum. It was so much fun to try out different Pokemon. X and Y really didn't do it for me, so here's to ORAS! (I honestly think I'm going to return my copy of X to the store when I get ORAS..)

You mean the Battle Factory? That was in the original Battle Frontier, so we'll probably see it.

ilovemyumbreon

Holding a Moon Shard
You mean the Battle Factory? That was in the original Battle Frontier, so we'll probably see it.

I really hope we get to return to the Battle Factory, it is hands down my favorite Battle facility of any of the games.

ebevan91

I really hope we get to return to the Battle Factory, it is hands down my favorite Battle facility of any of the games.

I loved the Battle Factory because I got to use things I otherwise would never even consider using.

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
No. Just, no. Sticky Web is too OP already. :L

Not really, as there are really only two pokemon who run it consistently (Galvantula and Masquerein). I'd like to see some other bug types get access to it to see some more use, like Forretress, Wurmple (who would made Dustox and Beautifly see more use) and Burmy (For Mothim and the Wormadam trio).

AuraStorm13

Undaunted Explorer
The thing about Sticky Web is while the move itself is good, there's not that many users of it that are worth using outside of setting up Sticky Web. The best Sticky Web users at the moment are Galvantula and Shuckle, and both are kinda meh. I'd like to see Sticky Web become more accessible, as it's much easier to remove Entry Hazards with Defog's buff.

TheEliteEmpoleon

Man I can't wait for the Battle Frontier! The Factory was my favorite part, too, because it helped me to see just how many strategies for battling there were. And deciding whether to trade a pokémon or not was always a tough choice! I think that's the only facility I completed, actually!

LeafeonTheVoid

New changes
I expect that Water Pulse, Giga Drain, Bullet Seed, Skill Swap, Snatch, Focus Punch and Iron Tail will return as Move Tutor moves, since these were all TMs back in RSE. Hopefully Dragon Pulse, Aqua Tail, Stealth Rock, Knock Off, Heat Wave, Signal Beam, Iron Head, Outrage, Sucker Punch, Earth Power, Drain Punch, Seed Bomb and the elemental punches all make a return, too. Although that's probably asking for too much. Sweet Scent would also make a good tutor move because of the hordes.

As for new moves introduced in XY, I have a suspicion that the terrain moves will be available from Move Tutors. Freeze-Dry, Boomburst, Petal Blizzard, Moonblast and Play Rough would all make really good tutor moves as well.

Edit: Sticky Web is a must for Move Tutors as well!

We can only hope...it might be late for new moves, but I hope they add a poison move that will act super effectively against steel types. In a similar manner to how Freeze-dry acts against Water types. It could make things more interesting for sure, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.