• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
We can only hope...it might be late for new moves, but I hope they add a poison move that will act super effectively against steel types. In a similar manner to how Freeze-dry acts against Water types. It could make things more interesting for sure, imo.

Would make perfect sense, as there are types of poison that are corrosive, or at least have some acidity to them.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
I really hope we get to return to the Battle Factory, it is hands down my favorite Battle facility of any of the games.
I hope so too. If it returns, they should add more rental pokemon in it.

AuraStorm13

Undaunted Explorer
Huh, it seems I'm the odd one out in that the Battle Factory was my least favorite facility. Again, I'm not saying it's bad if you like the Battle Factory, if you do, hey, more power to you, but it just isn't for me. The thing that makes me dislike the Battle Factory is, well, the appeal of Pokemon to me. Pokemon's best aspect, at least in my opinion, is raising your own team of Pokemon and seeing them progress, and nothing is more rewarding then seeing your team you built yourself blitz through the Battle facilities, and Rental Pokemon just kinda go against that, but hey to each their own. I'm still hoping for the entire Frontier to make a comeback, as if it was just the Battle Tower it'd be quite the letdown. Emerald's Battle Frontier is one of the best Post-Game features in the series in my opinion, it was the thing that kept me playing as long as I did, so it'd be great to see it again.

Last edited:

Leyniar

Ugh. I can't help but suspect that they may not include the Battle Frontier at all. Much like with LeaftGreen/FireRead, they may leave it out of ORAS and introduce it in Z/X2XY. So far it looks like ORAS will be faithful to RS, but let's hope GameFreak is considering elements from Emerald as well.

Thoughts?

BCVM22

Much like with LeaftGreen/FireRead, they may leave it out of ORAS and introduce it in Z/X2XY.

What's the parallel here...?

So far it looks like ORAS will be faithful to RS, but let's hope GameFreak is considering elements from Emerald as well.

HG/SS tells us it's almost a certainty that Emerald elements will be included where applicable, and it's terribly illogical to think the Battle Frontier - one of Emerald's lasting contributions to the gameplay canon - wouldn't be part of that. It's not impossible that they would exclude it, just illogical to assume so.

R_N

Ugh. I can't help but suspect that they may not include the Battle Frontier at all. Much like with LeaftGreen/FireRead, they may leave it out of ORAS and introduce it in Z/X2XY. So far it looks like ORAS will be faithful to RS, but let's hope GameFreak is considering elements from Emerald as well.

Thoughts?

it's not so much they "left out" the battle frontier in LGFR as much as "it never existed before emerald"
there's nothing to imply it was meant for FRLG at all

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
HG/SS tells us it's almost a certainty that Emerald elements will be included where applicable, and it's terribly illogical to think the Battle Frontier - one of Emerald's lasting contributions to the gameplay canon - wouldn't be part of that. It's not impossible that they would exclude it, just illogical to assume so.

You'd think so, but the game seems to be ignoring Emerald elements. The map doesn't seem to have any Emerald locations like Mirage Tower or Trainer Hill, all of the gym leaders/Elite 4 seem to be using their RS teams, the storyline seems to be following RS (which is understandable since it would be difficult to mix in Emerald's storyline elements, but still...). I mean, what's even left to reference beside the Battle Frontier? Desert Underpass? That one extra room in Meteor Falls where you fought Steven?

BCVM22

You'd think so, but the game seems to be ignoring Emerald elements.

Nope. Stop right there. There's absolutely nothing to be said about what the game "seems to be" doing based on a relative pittance of information. I don't know when it became fashionable to take what relative little information we've gotten - amounting chiefly to new Mega Pokémon, some vague information about changes to Groudon and Kyogre and a few hints at changes to Contests - and declare from the mountaintop "these games don't impress me!", but it's absolutely mind-boggling not only that people are doing it, but reveling in doing so.

R_N

Nope. Stop right there. There's absolutely nothing to be said about what the game "seems to be" doing based on a relative pittance of information. I don't know when it became fashionable to take what relative little information we've gotten - .

see here's the thing
our "little information" can actually say a lot

Every leader thus far is still using their RS aces
The mirage tower isn't on the map despite being pretty relevant and how the map is pretty detailed in terms of major features (& let's not for a moment pretend that the mirage tower is arbitrarily less important than Random Island Outcropping #6 in the ocean routes). Same with the Trainer Hill
trainers, those that we've seen seem to be erring to their RS editions, with others losing Pokemon

could the battle frontier still be in? Sure! It'd be a real shame if not, least of all.
But thinking that people are having doubts are basing it on nothing is stupid.

BCVM22

could the battle frontier still be in? Sure! It'd be a real shame if not, least of all.
But thinking that people are having doubts are basing it on nothing is stupid.

But how many times have we collectively arrived at a conclusion based on the pre-release rigmarole, only to find that assumption proven wrong at release? To arrive at a blanket conclusion like "the game seems to be ignoring Emerald elements" is leaping to a conclusion. Is there something that says that if one Emerald element seems to be included, none of the rest can? Furthermore, is the Hoenn map we've seen the end-all be-all of telling us what will and won't be in the game?

Analyzing what we get is fine - it's what we do - but again, leaping to a blanket conclusion based on that is a not-insignificant leap in logic.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
so, we're admonishing people for having doubts (nothing concrete, just casting it as a possibility) as to the inclusion of a feature without solid evidence while assuming it will be in because it's illogical to assume otherwise (even though Game Freak's shown that they don't really get along with logic lately)

But how many times have we collectively arrived at a conclusion based on the pre-release rigmarole, only to find that assumption proven wrong at release?

and then warning against people being too sure of themselves?

if that's the cool thing, then I guess I'll join in

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Nope. Stop right there. There's absolutely nothing to be said about what the game "seems to be" doing based on a relative pittance of information. I don't know when it became fashionable to take what relative little information we've gotten - amounting chiefly to new Mega Pokémon, some vague information about changes to Groudon and Kyogre and a few hints at changes to Contests - and declare from the mountaintop "these games don't impress me!", but it's absolutely mind-boggling not only that people are doing it, but reveling in doing so.

The fact that we've been getting so little new information in the first place in and of itself is very telling, actually. If all they can afford to show off is returning features from the originals and a handful of Megas, what does that tell you about what the full package is going to offer? If there's more to the game than that, they'd most likely show it, would they not (give or take a few things that they might want to save for the full game, but usually those things aren't particularly game changing anyway)? It wouldn't help them if they hold out for this long to tell us about new features, most of the main bullet points are usually covered by this point in the news cycle.

And like R_N said, it's hardly a "pittance" of information, we've got detailed maps that tell us nearly everything about the region, we have coverage on nearly all of the gameplay features in the games (with just enough left to reveal to pad out the 3 months left until release), we have dex numbers which line up exactly with a cross gen evo only Hoenn Dex, the screens we have of Magma/Aqua imply that they'll be taking different roles between versions instead of both being in at the same time. Everything in this game is pointing to a minimalist remake that's basically just a prettier version of the originals with a handful of extras, with little to no Emerald features, new features, or improvements upon the originals in sight.

To arrive at a blanket conclusion like "the game seems to be ignoring Emerald elements" is leaping to a conclusion.

Not at all, you could make a list of the things Emerald did and the majority of it would be deconfirmed or at least highly unlikely.

Is there something that says that if one Emerald element seems to be included, none of the rest can?

I never said that.

Furthermore, is the Hoenn map we've seen the end-all be-all of telling us what will and won't be in the game?

Usually it is (aside from maybe a handful of minor areas). And there'd be little reason to pull a Sevii Islands in this case since the main game is already huge (Kanto was almost exactly the opposite in this regard, that's why it got an extensive post game area). Furthermore, they skipped some of the most obvious choices for new areas in the game, which are the unused islands around the Battle Frontier and near Mauville, if they wanted to add some new areas, those would've been the first places they thought of most likely.

Lion Demon

Fairy Type Champion
What I want is for Linoone to learn Extremespeed without having to be an event Pokemon. If Dragonite can breed for Extremespeed then I can't see why Zigzagoon can't?

MrDuck

I don't follow ORAS so closely, but today I read on these forums that there will only be 9 additions to the Hoenn dex.

That... kinda relieves me to be honest. I stopped playing competitively a while ago. Nowadays I always play Pokémon in more of a pokédex completionist way. I always catch every new pokémon I encounter and always train every pokémon I caught up to the level of the highest level pokémon of the next route/city. In X/Y, playing that way, it's a bit too much since every route there's almost always 4 to 6 new pokémon. So I'd be glad to get a smaller regional dex, though I'm probably in the minority.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
I don't follow ORAS so closely, but today I read on these forums that there will only be 9 additions to the Hoenn dex.

That... kinda relieves me to be honest. I stopped playing competitively a while ago. Nowadays I always play Pokémon in more of a pokédex completionist way. I always catch every new pokémon I encounter and always train every pokémon I caught up to the level of the highest level pokémon of the next route/city. In X/Y, playing that way, it's a bit too much since every route there's almost always 4 to 6 new pokémon. So I'd be glad to get a smaller regional dex, though I'm probably in the minority.

It's not confirmed how many Pokémon will be added to the Regional Dex.

MrDuck

It's not confirmed how many Pokémon will be added to the Regional Dex.

Oh, okay. But surely there won't be as many as in X/Y. That'd surprise me.

Oh, okay. But surely there won't be as many as in X/Y. That'd surprise me.

Well, what we do know is that here are only 9 new pokémon added before Salamence. Most likely the cross-gen additions Gallade, Probopass, Magnezone, Budew, Roserade, Dusknoir(confirmed), Chingling, Rhyperior and Frosslass.
There is a possibility that they will expand the dex like with Pt and add new pokémon at the end. But I don't think that will happen as they went with a completely new dex in BW2 instead of keeping the Pt format.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Well, what we do know is that here are only 9 new pokémon added before Salamence. Most likely the cross-gen additions Gallade, Probopass, Magnezone, Budew, Roserade, Dusknoir(confirmed), Chingling, Rhyperior and Frosslass.
There is a possibility that they will expand the dex like with Pt and add new pokémon at the end. But I don't think that will happen as they went with a completely new dex in BW2 instead of keeping the Pt format.

Audino, Slowpoke and Buneary lines has to be added in the dex somewhere, right?
I see no point of giving these non-native Pokemon Mega evolutions if they can be only used post-game.

Audino, Slowpoke and Buneary lines has to be added in the dex somewhere, right?
I see no point of giving these non-native Pokemon Mega evolutions if they can be only used post-game.

I don't really see how that is different from XY. The majority of the Mega Stones then were post-game, even when the actual pokémon that could use them were in the regional dex. I also think that both competitive players and dex-collectors see a point in new post-game Mega stones, while the players that only play the story would probably be a bit disappointed.

The dex has also improved a lot regarding dex number and when you encounter the pokémon in-game, so why would they go back to the weird illogical "add-on" dex from Pt?

ebevan91

Also one could suggest that Eevee, Flareon, Jolteon, Vaporeon, Espeon, Umbreon, Glaceon, Leafeon, and Sylveon could take up those spots, too.

Eevee + evolutions weren't in the RSE dex were they? Those could also be 9 Pokemon added before Salamence.

Surely they won't exclude them especially since we just got Sylveon in X and Y.

Status
Not open for further replies.