• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Photonkrios95

Also one could suggest that Eevee, Flareon, Jolteon, Vaporeon, Espeon, Umbreon, Glaceon, Leafeon, and Sylveon could take up those spots, too.

Considering that Duskull is pre-Salamence in the Dex and Dusknoir, who has been CONFIRMED to be in the main story, it sure as hell isn't going to be a random group of 9, which, in context, is what the Eevee line is.

ebevan91

Considering that Duskull is pre-Salamence in the Dex and Dusknoir, who has been CONFIRMED to be in the main story, it sure as hell isn't going to be a random group of 9, which, in context, is what the Eevee line is.

Derp, never thought about that lol.

But still, do you think the Eevee line will make it in?

ryanthehuman

The mirage tower isn't on the map despite being pretty relevant and how the map is pretty detailed in terms of major features (& let's not for a moment pretend that the mirage tower is arbitrarily less important than Random Island Outcropping #6 in the ocean routes). Same with the Trainer Hill

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Mirage Tower would appear and disappear as you entered the route, did it not? That might be why it's not on the map, if it's in the game at all. I can't justify the lack of Trainer Hill though.

I personally think that the Battle Frontier will be in ORAS. I'm sure GF have at least heard their fans complaining about the lack of post-game in XY, so I doubt they're going to leave it dry for us. HGSS included Crystal elements, so why wouldn't ORAS?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
But still, do you think the Eevee line will make it in?

I honestly don't want the Eevee line to appear in the supposed expanded Hoenn Dex tbh. Pokemon that were absent in X/Y would be preferable in my opinion.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Ugh, no Eeveelutions please, they're overused. They're literally in every other regional dex except Hoenn's, and I'd like to keep it that way.

diakyu

Will anyone actually mourn over the loss of trainer hill? I mean people barely ever talk about it. And if the Battle Frontier is in, why even bother with it?

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Will anyone actually mourn over the loss of trainer hill? I mean people barely every talk about it. And if the Battle Frontier is in, why even bother with it?

Trainer Hill would make a good Black Skyscraper/White Treehollow/Battle Chateau type place.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Will anyone actually mourn over the loss of trainer hill? I mean people barely every talk about it. And if the Battle Frontier is in, why even bother with it?

Tbh, I'm dancing on Trainer Hill's grave. I never cared for that place and the same goes for the Battle Tents. Pretty much all of Emerald's new areas felt lackluster to me, except for the BF and the Safari expansion. So I'm not bothered by Trainer Hill's apparent absence in OR/AS.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
The dex has also improved a lot regarding dex number and when you encounter the pokémon in-game, so why would they go back to the weird illogical "add-on" dex from Pt?

Tacking them on at the end is an easy way to signify which Pokemon didn't appear in the RS Regional Dex, for people who haven't played the 12-year-old games.

.Aerodactyl.

Hey, commenting a little late about the emerald comments earlier, but I think the best thing we can do for each other is just to be careful when we discuss theories that we preface everything with "I think". We all have to acknowledge that at this point, anyone of us could be right. Even if something is more probable in your eyes, doesn't make it true or false. No one can really be right until the game is out. That being said, I don't think we should stop discussing or having strong opinions! On the contrary, we all need each other and we benefit from others thoughts and experiences. But we can stand to be a little gentler to each other about it, that way no one will feel like their intelligence is being attacked and our discussions won't devolve into defensive cat fights.

What is trainer hill?

Tacking them on at the end is an easy way to signify which Pokemon didn't appear in the RS Regional Dex, for people who haven't played the 12-year-old games.
I don't really see why it is important to show new players which pokémon were and which weren't in a 12 year old game they never played. Especially at the cost of making a disorganized dex.
If anything, older fans are the ones that would like to see clearly the differences between the games.

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
I don't really see why it is important to show new players which pokémon were and which weren't in a 12 year old game they never played. Especially at the cost of making a disorganized dex.
If anything, older fans are the ones that would like to see clearly the differences between the games.

This. Since those who have played for a long time want to know why they should get the new one, while in general, younger audiences do not care, and play mostly for fun (Charizard with Fly in a wifi battle anyone?)

Graz

I expect and desire gems in oras. Really want a flying gem for my unburden shiny hawlucha and teach it acrobatics to replace sky attack.

Snivy18

I expect and desire gems in oras. Really want a flying gem for my unburden shiny hawlucha and teach it acrobatics to replace sky attack.

I do believe they will do that, also with other items such as the type-plates. Hopefully if they do add Battle Frontier, these items should be sold for probably a medium price there.

NightFire7

Seeing some of the pages on here, I have already learnt my lesson on this thread. My top three wishes for these games are gym leader rematches, a battle frontier and move tutors. I would also like to see more hidden abilities getting released. Another thing is I would like the special moves to be brought back up to their original power because I did not see the point of nerfing special moves like Surf, Thunderbolt, Flamethrower etc. That still bothers me because it just seemed pointless to randomly nerf a lot of special moves.

Arcanineblitz

Not seeing emerald features revealed concerns me but im confident gamefreak knows what they're doing and expecting this game to fill most holes left by x and y like adding most pokemon not obtainable in the games and battle frontier for replay value. I also think it would be a waste to NOT include a epic cutscene with the weather trio.

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
Seeing some of the pages on here, I have already learnt my lesson on this thread. My top three wishes for these games are gym leader rematches, a battle frontier and move tutors. I would also like to see more hidden abilities getting released. Another thing is I would like the special moves to be brought back up to their original power because I did not see the point of nerfing special moves like Surf, Thunderbolt, Flamethrower etc. That still bothers me because it just seemed pointless to randomly nerf a lot of special moves.

I'm pretty sure that Gym Rematches will return, as it was a feature in Emerald.

Status
Not open for further replies.