• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
If you're asking for my own opinion of new features being unveiled, when Musicals and others features were revealed for BW, I couldn't care less. In fact, I didn't even bother going through the features because of how boring they were. They didn't come close to HGSS's and BW2's features (more specifically the Pokeathlon, Pokemon World Tournament, Pokestar Studios respectively), at least these games had fantastic features worth (re)-playing. Aside from that, wanting new things for the sake of having new things is fine, but I wouldn't just be happy with a new feature. I'd want it to have a place and purpose, as well as being engaging to the point where I want to keep re-playing it.

I mean the features that you mentioned you liked (Contests, walking Pokemon, difficulty settings, etc.), not the Musicals.

Looking at how GameFreak has developed their remakes, it seems pretty obvious that they're not concerned about the element of surprise, so much as using nostalgia as a cash grab, or legitimately speaking, to replace the old and broken games (though that argument ends with the GBA era considering that the cartridges are still working). Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it's fighting an uphill battle to expect a surprise with a game where it's no longer a surprise. In fact, out of all the remakes, the only real surprise factor came from HeartGold and SoulSilver as they pushed for tonnes of features and content compared to FireRed and LeafGreen.

Well it's hard to form a pattern with two games, but you'd think that ORAS would be more in line with HGSS than FRLG since the series hasn't been so reluctant to include new features for years.

SurrealistSmeargle

Probably not.

Although this does bring up a question, how would National Dex Pokemon that have Megas be distributed? It probably wouldn't be through any means that are too restrictive like Swarms or Friend Safari, and no post game areas means they can't just shove them into a regular wild roster. Bring back the Poke Radar maybe?
Where exactly are you getting the 'no post game areas' thing from? We've still got a massive bit of cloud on the map that could be hiding things, some expansions to existing routes which could have post-game aspects, some clearly all-new areas, an above all no requirement that any post game content need be -on- the map. With the amount of sailing in R/S, it's not exactly out of the question to have islands that aren't on the Hoenn map as accessible areas. The fact it hasn't been explicitly pointed out to you in the prerelease info isn't really a reason to assume it doesn't exist.

Need I reiterate again, from Platinum onwards, the Battle Frontier (or similar facility in B2/W2's case) has never been revealed any earlier than the CoroCoro ONE MONTH PRIOR to the games release. Will will not find out if the Battle Frontier (and the associated post-game areas they could add to it) is in the game until October at the earliest.

Just as long as I don't have to rely on gimmicky battle facilities that you can only use once a day or Audino grinding.
Not sure what you're referring to here. If you mean the Battle Chateau, that's really not how it works, and if you're only getting one use out of it a day, you're doing it wrong.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
They could easily put newer pokemon in shaking grass or hidden groves like gen V. Otherwise there are a few Hoenn locations that could definitely use some extra variety.

Don't forget that RSE has post-game swarms. It really didn't offer much in the originals, but they can utilize it to include more Pokemon.

Actually, Friend Safari alone can make all Pokemon obtainable (aside from Legendaries, of course). You just need to pick at least one Pokemon from each evolution line. You do the breeding, trading, or whatever means necessary to obtain its evolutions.

Not sure what you're referring to here. If you mean the Battle Chateau, that's really not how it works, and if you're only getting one use out of it a day, you're doing it wrong.

Most probably referring to Nimbasa Sports Arenas.

Bakphoon™

Heated Fury
Hidden Grottos would not be a bad idea for Hoenn.. It perfectly suits the region's tropical land.
Shaking grass should be back as Audino is back as well.

Akashin

Hidden Grottos would not be a bad idea for Hoenn.. It perfectly suits the region's tropical land.
Shaking grass should be back as Audino is back as well.

Putting aside that we don't know yet whether or not Audino will be in the Regional Dex, Audino was in X & Y as well. Seeing as there's no reason they can't just reuse the rustling objects/Pokemon falling or swooping down on you thing, I don't foresee shaking grass returning.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Where exactly are you getting the 'no post game areas' thing from? We've still got a massive bit of cloud on the map that could be hiding things, some expansions to existing routes which could have post-game aspects, some clearly all-new areas, an above all no requirement that any post game content need be -on- the map. With the amount of sailing in R/S, it's not exactly out of the question to have islands that aren't on the Hoenn map as accessible areas. The fact it hasn't been explicitly pointed out to you in the prerelease info isn't really a reason to assume it doesn't exist.

The cloud cover on the map isn't "massive", it's only hiding a handful of areas at best. If we were getting a significant post game section, we wouldn't just be seeing a handful of clouds on the map, the entire southeast section would be covered. That's about how much space a Battle Zone size place would take up on this map. That combined with how XY handled post game leads me to believe that this game's post game isn't going to be very expansive in terms of areas either (in terms of everything else though? We're probably going to have a lot of National Dex Pokemon, legendaries, and all that good stuff, just not the areas that we typically get). And I doubt they're going to be doing an off the map post game area, the only reason for them to do so is if it's very large, and Hoenn doesn't need something Sevii Island size. And they had plenty of unused islands in the Pacifidlog/Battle Frontier area to use for post game, and the two we can see aren't being used for anything (with the possible exception of a small patch of land south of Rt. 131).

Need I reiterate again, from Platinum onwards, the Battle Frontier (or similar facility in B2/W2's case) has never been revealed any earlier than the CoroCoro ONE MONTH PRIOR to the games release. Will will not find out if the Battle Frontier (and the associated post-game areas they could add to it) is in the game until October at the earliest.

I meant the sports domes and the restaurants.

Lykouros

Sandslash fan
At this point, the only thing we can hope for is for some cool new side feature.

What did HGSS have in it that was brand new never before seen, aside from walking pokemon that a good portion of people seem to dislike anyway? Sure, they added a battle tower, but wait, we'd seen that before. Oh they added some new areas - wait they've done that before too and this will probably happen with ORAS as well. I've commented on your negativism before - it's taxing. The game isn't out yet. We have seen glimpses of play. It's hardly time to shun the entire game.

You remind me of some of the extremists who were saying there was absolutely 100% no way ORAS could have new Mega Evolutions because of various 'facts' brought up. And look how that turned out.

Edit: The Pokeathon, right - That was fun as a new feature, but then other new features like the musicals and pokestar weren't well received. I guess it depends on your idea of "cool" - some people did like the musicals and pokestar. Either way, claiming that ORAS depends on a new feature in order to be likeable is a bit much - it already has a lot of nice features for a game, so I don't see what it is so lacking in that only a brand new amazing feature could make up for.

Last edited:

lavanda

Really feeling it
I'm still not buying new Pokémon in the regional dex outside of cross-evolutions, but it would be quite a jerk move, especially to hopeful/new players, to show the new mega evolutions and get people hyped about using them in-game, just to end up shoving them to the post-game. Aside from that, Poké Radar + Swarms + Safari Zone seem more than enough.

.Aerodactyl.

hbyYKc.png

I made this image as a quick comparison of the new map an thr original hoenn's actual playable areas in the game. I've circled things that are new or are suspect to being new. I understand that what I'm showing is subjective, it doesn't definitively prove anything, but its what convinced me. I don't really expect it to convince you, but you were sharing your thoughts, I thought it would be okay to share mine. Plus, I think the maps give us s really good idea of what is in ORAS just visually.

To start, in the bottom right corner, we have that huge mass of cloud cover, very specifically shaped. Just the top part of that cloud alone is enough to cover a battle frontier. If you compare the original frontier to dewford island, they are roughly the same size, meaning if they brought back Hoenn frontier (which is rehashing but lots of us still want that one cause we miss it) it would fit under less than half of that cloud cover. I conceid that the rest of that cloud could be nothing, but nobody knows until the game comes out.. I think its I interesting though that the colour of the water on some of those map areas are the same COLOUR as the traversible water on the map.

And I don't think hoenn would use those tiny little islands scattered randomly around the map instead of making a sevii island sized thing. They are small, scattered, and without consistency. You say you want a big post game area, but that could only come on a side map, not in few remains of hoenn like your suggesting is the wiser thing to do. But, again, I don't know until the games come out. It could be nothing.

For me, personally, features like contests have far longer lasting value then post game areas, because you explore them once and they're done. I'd enjoy them if they are there, but I won't be dissapointed if they are not. The only post game area I really enjoyed was in gen 2 and the remake.... Going back to kanto. That was awesome cause of the gym leader battles. But I shouldn't be arguing, we've all said our piece and we all know where everyone stands. Some think there's no post game, some of us think their is still a chance . No one is gonna change their mind, and we won't know until November. There is no argument left, everything has been said. Everyone, enjoy pouring over the maps. I literally spent hours comparing everything building for building I was so excited!

Back on to desires... I so want the battle frontier. I never played emerald so I don't know what's in it, but I've asked people and they've talked about it. It sounds great! I only ever had the sinnoh frontier and loved it. I'd love to see the hoenn fro tier come back, with a new arena for inversion battles and to see the battle hall from platinum and HGSS frontier make s return. I loved the battle hall, I'd do double battles with my lapras and surf my way to glory! All the other facilities in the frontier I find similar enough to hoenn facilities so I won't miss them. I'm dying to try the battle pyramid for thr first time though, in ORAS graphics.

.Aerodactyl.

Birth Island was never shown on the original Hoenn map iirc. But speaking of which, I hope that Southern Island is accessible without an event. I'd really like to be able to catch both Latios and Latias in AS.

I don't think they'll be doing as many of those areas only accessible by event. They seem to be favoring just mystery gifting Pokemon and items lately. Was both latias and latios always catchable in ruby? I thought the birth island event only let you get one of them depending on your version. We know we're getting megas for them, so they'll have to be available somehow.... They just gave us mewtwo without anything so I'm sure we'll get lati@s. However, I wouldn't be surprised if it was version exclusive over which one you got

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I don't think they'll be doing as many of those areas only accessible by event. They seem to be favoring just mystery gifting Pokemon and items lately. Wasboth latias and latios always catchable in ruby? I thought the birth island event only let you get one of them depending on hour version. We know were getting megas for them, so they'll have to be available somehow.... They just gave us mewtwo without anything so I'm sure we'll get lati@s. However, I wouldn't be surprised if it was version exclusive over which one you got

Birth Island contained Deoxys, not Latios/Latias. Using the Southern Island event, we could catch the Lati that wasn't roaming Hoenn in the wild in R/S/E. I really hope that remains in OR/AS.

.Aerodactyl.

Birth Island contained Deoxys, not Latios/Latias. Using the Southern Island event, we could catch the Lati that wasn't roaming Hoenn in the wild in R/S/E. I really hope that remains in OR/AS.

Wow sorry, I really don't know what I'm talking about. I never got any of the events for ruby! Thanks for the clarification, I misread.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
I highly doubt all of the XY Mega Stones will be in, probably just a few of the Hoenn Dex ones at best, and that's not what I was talking about anyway, I was referring to the likes of Slowpoke, Audino, and Buneary. The Mawilite in particular though? Unless they changed version exclusivity, and put Mawile in both versions, it wouldn't be fair since Sableye is getting his Mega Stone in this game. Also, since Buneary is unavailable in XY, they pretty much have to put it in somewhere in ORAS.

As I said, the three of them could fit in an updated Safari Zone. It's not the first time we'd get to use a Mega Evolution "only" (if you don't transfer before) post-League.

And, fairness? When have the Pokémon games been fair between version exclusives?

I meant the sports domes and the restaurants.

The restaurants can be fought multiple times in one day, including one right after the other. All you have to do is leave and come back.

Amanojaku

Reversal Youkai
Since Steven is the Champion and most likely won't be fought at Meteor Falls, that area could be expanded in the post-game. It needs more than a cutscene and Bagon.

cryuel

My biggest hope for OrAs would be to have more (as in way more) regular trainers using Mega evolutions. I thought it was such a missed opportunity in XY to not have regular trainers using them, if not in the over world then at least when earning Battle Points.

That aside.. Mega Flygon would be awesome~~ :3

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
hbyYKc.png

I made this image as a quick comparison of the new map an thr original hoenn's actual playable areas in the game. I've circled things that are new or are suspect to being new. I understand that what I'm showing is subjective, it doesn't definitively prove anything, but its what convinced me. I don't really expect it to convince you, but you were sharing your thoughts, I thought it would be okay to share mine. Plus, I think the maps give us s really good idea of what is in ORAS just visually.

To start, in the bottom right corner, we have that huge mass of cloud cover, very specifically shaped. Just the top part of that cloud alone is enough to cover a battle frontier. If you compare the original frontier to dewford island, they are roughly the same size, meaning if they brought back Hoenn frontier (which is rehashing but lots of us still want that one cause we miss it) it would fit under less than half of that cloud cover. I conceid that the rest of that cloud could be nothing, but nobody knows until the game comes out.. I think its I interesting though that the colour of the water on some of those map areas are the same COLOUR as the traversible water on the map.

And I don't think hoenn would use those tiny little islands scattered randomly around the map instead of making a sevii island sized thing. They are small, scattered, and without consistency. You say you want a big post game area, but that could only come on a side map, not in few remains of hoenn like your suggesting is the wiser thing to do. But, again, I don't know until the games come out. It could be nothing.

For me, personally, features like contests have far longer lasting value then post game areas, because you explore them once and they're done. I'd enjoy them if they are there, but I won't be dissapointed if they are not. The only post game area I really enjoyed was in gen 2 and the remake.... Going back to kanto. That was awesome cause of the gym leader battles. But I shouldn't be arguing, we've all said our piece and we all know where everyone stands. Some think there's no post game, some of us think their is still a chance . No one is gonna change their mind, and we won't know until November. There is no argument left, everything has been said. Everyone, enjoy pouring over the maps. I literally spent hours comparing everything building for building I was so excited!

Back on to desires... I so want the battle frontier. I never played emerald so I don't know what's in it, but I've asked people and they've talked about it. It sounds great! I only ever had the sinnoh frontier and loved it. I'd love to see the hoenn fro tier come back, with a new arena for inversion battles and to see the battle hall from platinum and HGSS frontier make s return. I loved the battle hall, I'd do double battles with my lapras and surf my way to glory! All the other facilities in the frontier I find similar enough to hoenn facilities so I won't miss them. I'm dying to try the battle pyramid for thr first time though, in ORAS graphics.

The emerald battle frontier was god like, The battle pike was all luck (although Some stargery could be used I recommend leading with a metagross holding a smoke ball you'll never get poisend , and you get a freebie room with the hint "pokemon wafting around it" since the smoke ball will let you escape every time) Lucy was a pain in the arse But with metagross on my side she became easy, wish I tried that before recently but that shuckle was always the bane of my existence.

the battle pryimid was exploration in the dark swamperts perfect lead for the first floor and if you found some good items You're going to the top, wild vileplume was tough though brandon is easy the anime prepared me for him

The battle dome was a fun tournament I hope they make it with wi-fi for wi-fi tournaments ( come to think of it worlds location wasn't announced what if next years worlds is hosted via battle dome wi-fi tournament? that would be awesome) Never got to tucker But i've been close

those are just my favorites all of them are good

Anyway well these games so far are looking better then X/Y And I think it'll be good with or without new areas ( but if theres no frontier I may faint) And theres a new area south of pacifilog and south island is now on the map

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
The emerald battle frontier was god like, The battle pike was all luck (although Some stargery could be used I recommend leading with a metagross holding a smoke ball you'll never get poisend , and you get a freebie room with the hint "pokemon wafting around it" since the smoke ball will let you escape every time) Lucy was a pain in the arse But with metagross on my side she became easy, wish I tried that before recently but that shuckle was always the bane of my existence.

the battle pryimid was exploration in the dark swamperts perfect lead for the first floor and if you found some good items You're going to the top, wild vileplume was tough though brandon is easy the anime prepared me for him

The battle dome was a fun tournament I hope they make it with wi-fi for wi-fi tournaments ( come to think of it worlds location wasn't announced what if next years worlds is hosted via battle dome wi-fi tournament? that would be awesome) Never got to tucker But i've been close

those are just my favorites all of them are good

Anyway well these games so far are looking better then X/Y And I think it'll be good with or without new areas ( but if theres no frontier I may faint) And theres a new area south of pacifilog and south island is now on the map

Pike was fun ill tell yah i actually used a heal bell mon for it. Lucy steelix gyarados and serviper kept me on my toes that team eas something i wasnt prepared for.
Dome was amazing the team preview then pick two was groundbreaking at that time. At least for npc non GC N64 gaming. Tucker had a great team for its gen.
Palace...ugh that place RNG hated me. I was just an spectator torough that dammed place.
Dojo thingy...freaking glorious all or nothing figth made it amazing gretta teams exploited that so hard.
Piramid...loved it no words can describe how cool it felt to battle the 3 regis then the 3 birds in a race to the top.
Tower same ol stuff, setting up on this girls raikou with a ground type was glorious :3.
Factory...glorious music great concept and fun place. I had badluck thete but still memorable.

So many good memories also the frontier brain theme was eargasmic.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
I loooove gen IV's battle frontier but it's been so long since I've played emerald's BF that id much rather see it here than the plot twist that would be throwing in the DPPtHGGS BF

also I just thought of something. seeing as how the battle maison didn't have megas in it, as in NPC's didnt use them at all, including the Chatelaines, do we expect to see megas in the battle frontier? I certainly hope so. because otherwise having a mega could make it a lot easier than it was in emerald.

this is also obviously assuming the battle frontier is actually in the games.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.