1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation VI Discussion' started by Kreis, May 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rio!

Rio! Composer

I've personally never even played R/S/E so it's practically a new game for me too. XD
    Just strapping myself in for the ride.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
  2. Disaster_Lord

Disaster_Lord Sad Bayleef is Sad.

Its a tentacool and wingul fest that forces you to have surf on you almost all the time with some epic trumphets. I cant hear trumphets without associating them to wingull cry to this day.

3. Rio!

Rio! Composer

I have heard there was quite a bit of surfing involved with annoying encounters, lol. X)
    Oddly this makes me even more excited to experience this. :B

4. Excitable Boy

Excitable Boy is a metaphor

ORAS will have Repel prompts, so it won't be the same

you'd have to emulate the originals at this point

5. mew 2000

mew 2000 Shiny Celebi

[video=youtube;aEezCi7ucf4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEezCi7ucf4[/video]

That trumpet goodness (look up hoenn champion theme with all of the instruments replaced with trumpets xD )

6. MasterofArcanine

MasterofArcanine Pokecollection Maste

HHAAAA!!! That video is hilarious man. Especially like the picture with the Wingulls playing the Trumpets.

7. Rio!

Rio! Composer

I can see how that would be maddedning after a while. Especially if you run out of repels. o_0
    That Pelipper tho. :B

8. mew 2000

mew 2000 Shiny Celebi

mega pellpiper tho, peilpper is power, but diggerysby tho...diggerysby tho, he has arms for ears he'll beat you up while his real arms are folded...diggerysby tho.

9. Disaster_Lord

Ah this is the hoen i remember and loved. Prepare your repels And your linoone/peliper we got some HM03 to do.

10. lavanda

lavanda Really feeling it

I remember playing it as a kid without repels. Yeah, for some reason I didn't use repels at all back then. Maybe because I didn't bother to try, but also because I enjoyed random encounters. Even today, I try not using them unless exploring becomes a chore, but the new Flash effect helped a lot.

11. saPower1000

saPower1000 FLIP ALL THE TABLES

Why is there even a discussion about new Pokemon showing up in a remake? Has there ever been an incident when a new Pokemon has done that? Remember, this is not a new Gen.
    That being said I agree with you, as well as mew 2000 since this is indeed a remake. I'm buying it because it's a major update from the originals, and we are getting new Mega Pokemon to boot.
    Also, technically, a Mega Pokemon is not a new Pokemon. It would have to have a separate PokeDex #, so it would be more accurate to call it a new Form.

12. LittleRalts

LittleRalts The Ultimate Ralts

Megas are the way that Nintendo makes up for the lack of new Pokémon. They normally have new abilities and they have much higher stats. Good enough for me if I do say so myself.

13. Bolt the Cat

Bolt the Cat Bringing the Thunder

That's not what I meant. I meant that they should've added more existing Pokemon to the Hoenn Dex. Like you know, 4th and 5th gen Pokemon. Having only a handful of Megas pales in comparison to adding 50-100 regular Pokemon that could've actually added some much needed variety to the game.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
  14. saPower1000

saPower1000 FLIP ALL THE TABLES

Ah that's different then. Apologies for misunderstanding you.
    So you mean an expansion of the dex? That would be interesting. I'd like to see them do that, since they pretty much did it in XY to a degree (with the split dexs).

15. Disaster_Lord

Same toughts, u guess a region having so many water routes really hinders any chances of new pokemon insertions to old routes.

16. Aetius

Aetius Sky Emperor

So, I was wondering what we will see on this month's issue of CC...
    Any ideas? Because I don' really know what they could show us before the release date of the games...
    Maybe the characters that must still be revealed and some new megas? :)

17. MasterofArcanine

MasterofArcanine Pokecollection Maste

WE don't know good buddy. They didn't tell us in the last issue at least it wasn't reported anywhere. I am sure some new Megas will be in there and who knows what else. and we still have 2 more issues to go until release too (if I am doing my math right)

18. Endless

Endless Sun God ☉

I'm hoping we get the rest of the updated Gym Leaders and E4 characters, and by that also answering the Wallace/Juan situation. Wally could also show up, but the GLs and E4 would be enough for me at once.
    One or two new Mega Evolutions could also be included, or more info about Primal Groudon/Kyogre (like their abilities).

19. malcolm_n

malcolm_n Pokemon Collector

We're getting pretty close to release and they'll want to keep building hype. I'm thinking at least 2 more mega evolutions (probably game exclusives) and some world information as mentioned above. Oooh, it'd be cool if they revealed the alterations in the Aqua/Magma stories and the megas for their mascots (sharpedo and camerupt)

20. Cellfaction

Cellfaction Well-Known Member

One thing I want to see, is the Gym Leader and Elite 4 rematches.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.