• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rio!

Composer
Oh god i can hear the cringe if gardobor,vaniluxe klinklang or chandelure get megas...The infamous object quartet of 5th gen.

I still dont get why people hate them.

And i just want normal serperior with contrary...His mega can get something else like sheed skin...Free nast plot then mega with pseudo status imunity :3. But thats a wild guess.

I would be one of those cheering if Chandelure were to get a Mega, srsly.

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
chandalure is awesome why wouldn't you guys want a mega chandalure

Rio!

Composer
chandalure is awesome why wouldn't you guys want a mega chandalure

I would; I have two 5IV shiny and non-shiny ready to go, ha.

malcolm_n

Pokemon Collector
Looks like I'm in the minority here, but I'm not a huge fan of Chandalure. It's great with its unique typing, but the design just doesn't appeal to me.
I wonder if/hope that our special, cosplay Pikachus are transferable to XY. They said you can battle with them outside of the contests, so I'm thinking yes, but I guess we'll find out soon enough. It would be cool if they give them slightly different stats, so that Luchador Pikachu has higher attack vs. Belle Pikachu, etc.

Akashin

Looks like I'm in the minority here, but I'm not a huge fan of Chandalure. It's great with its unique typing, but the design just doesn't appeal to me.
I wonder if/hope that our special, cosplay Pikachus are transferable to XY. They said you can battle with them outside of the contests, so I'm thinking yes, but I guess we'll find out soon enough. It would be cool if they give them slightly different stats, so that Luchador Pikachu has higher attack vs. Belle Pikachu, etc.

Depends upon whether or not they go the way of Spiky-Eared Pichu, I suppose. They don't need to be trade-able for the comment about them being able to battle outside Contests to hold true.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
Depends upon whether or not they go the way of Spiky-Eared Pichu, I suppose. They don't need to be trade-able for the comment about them being able to battle outside Contests to hold true.

Especially since we already know they are usable outside of contests because we have seen screenshots and I believe footage of the Cosplay Pikachu being used in wild battles.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
I would be one of those cheering if Chandelure were to get a Mega, srsly.

Genwunners and 5th gen haters took chandelure, vaniluxe(cryogonal), gardobor and klinklang as targets for the statement "GF ran out of ideas".

Chandelure is amazing at battles so he was spared a bit, cryogonal was forgotten since vaniluxe line was acailable quite early and was used by more prominent trainers like N, but the rest are still hate targets to this day.

Thats why they are the unfamous item quartet of gen 5.

LordSerperior

I can see the complaints already.

"But why isn't Mega Serperior Grass/Dragon? And why did they not give it Contrary? :(((((((("

"Why is there no Mega Klinklang or Mega Vanilluxe?" Oh wait, that's just going to be me

Nope not just you, I love Klinklang, Vanilluxe, Chandelure, Garbodor, Cryogonal, the monkeys and in fact quite a large number of Unova pokemon and would definitely hope to see a lot of those

SILVER XD

Momentai, bro.
Oh god i can hear the cringe if gardobor,vaniluxe klinklang or chandelure get megas...The infamous object quartet of 5th gen.

I still dont get why people hate them.

And i just want normal serperior with contrary...His mega can get something else like sheed skin...Free nast plot then mega with pseudo status imunity :3. But thats a wild guess.

I actually really like Vanilluxe(and Cryogonal, for that matter). I hope they both get Megas(maybe along with Beartic, Gen 5 Ice type party). The only thing holding them back is the curse that is the Ice type.

juls510

i am getting bored with x and Y now. gone back to GBA games. Played and completed sapphire. in preparation to next omega and alpha. tired to buy online a GBA ruby and got a fake cartridge. have to wait till november in the UK. Question to trainer who already played the game. can you use pokebank and when can you use it to transfer.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
i am getting bored with x and Y now. gone back to GBA games. Played and completed sapphire. in preparation to next omega and alpha. tired to buy online a GBA ruby and got a fake cartridge. have to wait till november in the UK. Question to trainer who already played the game. can you use pokebank and when can you use it to transfer.

what do you mean? Play Pokebank?

Akashin

Assuming I'm reading you right, nobody's played these games; everybody gets them in November, not just the UK. But yes, you will almost certainly be able to use Bank with ORAS. As for when, you could pretty much right away with X & Y, so one would assume the same will be true here.

Yurimin

Snowflake Trainer
I actually really like Vanilluxe(and Cryogonal, for that matter). I hope they both get Megas(maybe along with Beartic, Gen 5 Ice type party). The only thing holding them back is the curse that is the Ice type.

I liked the Vanillish line from the start - I really didn't expect it to get a lot of hate from other people.

Airborne4380

I hope that we can just trade pokemons between XY and ORAS without having the need to use the pokebank. It will be a hassle to load a pokebank just to send one pokemon in to ORAS.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I hope that we can just trade pokemons between XY and ORAS without having the need to use the pokebank. It will be a hassle to load a pokebank just to send one pokemon in to ORAS.

No, that's not how Pokemon Bank works. You can always just trade like normal if you have two 3DSes. But if you have Bank, then you only need one 3DS, and you can transfer over entire boxes of Pokemon between versions in a matter of seconds. So it's not necessary, but it's a lot more convenient.

Further adding to what Bolt said, if you only got one 3DS, or if you want to transfer a lot of pokémon at the same time you should use PokeBank. If you want to trade items or evolve trade-evolutions you will need to trade the regular way.
Both are options, and the existence of one does not exclude the existence of the other.

malcolm_n

Pokemon Collector
No, that's not how Pokemon Bank works. You can always just trade like normal if you have two 3DSes. But if you have Bank, then you only need one 3DS, and you can transfer over entire boxes of Pokemon between versions in a matter of seconds. So it's not necessary, but it's a lot more convenient.
^This. I happen to like Pokebank and will plan to use it if able as soon as possible. Failing that (assuming you have to be post game to access), I'll send over the 2-3 pokemon I want to trade right off and get started on my way to the E4 :)

Oh, speaking of E4. Here's hoping they get harder after you've beat them once.

.Aerodactyl.

^This. I happen to like Pokebank and will plan to use it if able as soon as possible. Failing that (assuming you have to be post game to access), I'll send over the 2-3 pokemon I want to trade right off and get started on my way to the E4 :)

Oh, speaking of E4. Here's hoping they get harder after you've beat them once.

Yes, I want this, SO SO much. I also wish elite four rematches meant facing full teams. So much experience points!!!

Then again, if secret bases allow us to gain exp, hopefully some really nice people will have a team of level 100 audinos and blissey.

Arcanineblitz

Yes, I want this, SO SO much. I also wish elite four rematches meant facing full teams. So much experience points!!!

Then again, if secret bases allow us to gain exp, hopefully some really nice people will have a team of level 100 audinos and blissey.

What would be perfect is if a group of people had a team of level 100 blissey and were all in one secret base.

Status
Not open for further replies.