• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genos

The Indigo Disk

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
3 things

1. The Abilities for Primal Groundon and Primal Kyrogue- Oh my! GAmefreak went nuts with those.
2. Pokebank and Golbal Link being compatiable- Yelp knew that. But thanks for Confirming it Gamefreak and Nintendo.
3. We do get the Demo in the West- YESSSS! Question is how. Is it e-shop or Game Stop or what. Serebii didn't give us any details on that. Are they just not known how let.

DarkerShining

I do wonder what Rayquaza's "connection" to Mega Evolution will be, and whether that's implying that Rayquaza will have a Mega Evolution rather than a Primal Form like Groudon and Kyogre. And speaking of Groudon and Kyogre's new forms, their new abilities are pretty awesome. Not only do they basically get their original abilities as they originally worked back, but now other weather moves can't cancel it out and then there's Groudon being unaffected by water moves while his ability is in effect, while Kyogre can't get hit by fire moves. I'd say this is especially neat for Groudon, considering that it's Ground/Fire in Primal Form, so it's biggest weakness basically can't do a thing to it.

Of course, this does make me wonder... What happens if Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre fight each other?

Oh, and Groudon and Kyogre's new attacks are pretty neat too.

I still wonder how Groudon and Kyogre's new forms affect the plot and the plans of Team Magma/Aqua, although based on their new abilities, I think I can make sort of a guess.

.Aerodactyl.

I'm curious how the demo works as well. They had something about signing into it every day for a special surprise. I hope we get details beforehand so we don't miss out (anywhere, not just the US).

Would it be worth creating a thread for the Demo specifically?

I think so, especially since something is supposed to happen if you play every day. Plus, we're all bound to talk about it if we get it, and nowhere else fits.

I'm really excited for this demo! I'm hoping it will allow me to get two starters... I can pick grovyle with the demo and then mudkip with the game. They said we csn transfer pokemon and items, yes? The demo might also help people who are still sitting on the fence about getting the game decide. Its a great idea.

I'm also wondering if its going to be able to confirm or deny customization. I suspect they wouldn't let us use customization in the demo, even if it was there, but maybe we'll at least see if they have change rooms or some sort of sign or hint for it.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
The one thing I was willing to come back.
Old generation-move-sounds.
Hyper Beam now sounds like Gen I Hyper beam.
YAY!

It has been that way since XY, though.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Would it be worth creating a thread for the Demo specifically?

I would say so, but it should be opened when the Demo is released.

So far, the only things we know are stuff said by the magazine, though the website heavily implies that you need Pokémon Bank to transfer your Pokémon and items(! If that's the case then Pokémon Bank has to be updated to keep items somehow.).

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Honestly disappointed they didn't update that animation to have the Gen 3 Hyper Beam sound, that would have been so much better.

While I love the Gen I Hyper Beam sound, I must confess to a love affair with Gen III's little "chkk-a-chkk" at the beginning of its Hyper Beam. :p

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
I think Gen II's Hyper Beam sound & presentation was the best IMO...

Bamboosle

I would say so, but it should be opened when the Demo is released.

So far, the only things we know are stuff said by the magazine, though the website heavily implies that you need Pokémon Bank to transfer your Pokémon and items(! If that's the case then Pokémon Bank has to be updated to keep items somehow.).

Too be honest I do not see where you read on the website where they imply that you need pokemon bank to transfer the pokemon and items from the demo. The site just says: "Stay tuned for details on how to bring the Pokémon and items into your full game."
Plus the picture of Steven asking you what you want to send through Pokemon Link. I think it is not going to be the same. I guess it will work the same as the Dreamradar transfer function with Black2 and White2.

But very exited for the demo and the games! can't wait!

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
Why isn't the Game Corner a topic of discussion? You figure it's not going to be the same due to the laws against gambling in video games but my desire is that they replace it with something interesting. Maybe even turn it into an arcade with the eReader minigames?

The ORAS Hyper Beam sounds exactly like Sky Attack from Gen II. Interesting.

More like Gen II's Sky Attack sounded like Gen I's Hyper Beam x2.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Why isn't the Game Corner a topic of discussion? You figure it's not going to be the same due to the laws against gambling in video games but my desire is that they replace it with something interesting. Maybe even turn it into an arcade with the eReader minigames?

More like Gen II's Sky Attack sounded like Gen I's Hyper Beam x2.
As long as it isnt voltorb flip...I dont want to enslave myself on that piece of **** for items or tms.

GatedSunOne

Like A Rockefeller
They are really playing Rayquaza up for something immense. After the massive boosts Groudon/Kyogre received, anything goes for that guy. At the least, we're looking at him gaining a Mega Evolution. They wouldn't leave Rayquaza out of the boost unless they were thoroughly serious about nerfing Dragon Pokémon.

I find it odd that they haven't mentioned if Primal Reversion requires an Item or not; but seeing footage of them triggering it in battle makes me feel it does. I take it we won't see this Demo until November sometime?

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Plus the picture of Steven asking you what you want to send through Pokemon Link. I think it is not going to be the same. I guess it will work the same as the Dreamradar transfer function with Black2 and White2.

Sorry, I got confused, I thought Pokémon Link was a feature for Pokémon Bank, since it has only been used for it, not as a feature of X/Y.

Yes, your comment is absolutely true. It can work like the Dream Radar.

Status
Not open for further replies.