• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swordfish

Flying Fury
Am I the only one who thinks that you can trade the Strange Souvenir over to this game to activate some sort of event? (Jirachi/Deoxys anyone?)
Seriously, these games look great and i cant wait for them to be released.

DJLowrider

And here I haven't had much of a reason to pop into Y recently. Time to get a team bred and prepared to curbstomp the Hoenn gyms.

Things I want are things said so far: Trainer Customization, more Mega evolutions, Contests, and Secret Hideout.

Edit: Oh, also looking forward to what they do with the soundtrack needless to say. I loved XY's music.

Last edited:

49ersgiantsfan

Achievements Junkie
Things I would like (but would not grieve over easily if they were not present):
Official hard mode (for more fun Nuzlocke runs)
-Increase trainers' levels similarly to BW2, maybe more than that
-All foes instantly have +1 to all stats except for Accuracy and Evasion
-You only gain 50% EXP
-Foes have better movesets, more hold items, and use strategy
Be able to Mega Evolve Hoenn Starters and a lot of other species upon earning the National Dex (not just Blaziken)
Low encounter rates on the ocean or faster travel while Surfing
More expansive Safari Zone to accommodate Kalos Pokemon

Orgetorix

Dark Lord of Nowhere
One of my biggest expectations is that they will not place Groudon under the ocean again, and go with something like Emerald's where it is under the volcano. It just never made sense why it was under the water.

Also, as stated before there really should be Sceptile & Swampert Mega- Evos, just cause that's a little unfair to them. And revamped Gym & E4 rosters, with 718+ pokemon theres no reason to have 2 geodudes, 2 Glalies, or 2 Dusclops.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I'm kind of thinking that this game won't take place in Hoenn, since several sources including the trailer say it takes place in a "spectacular new world." Though whether or not it does, I'm sure this is the place the backpacker from X & Y was talking about, so maybe we'll see him again

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
On that note, I want Seasons to return.

But ONLY Aesthetical, no missing out on Items or Pokémon or messing with anything except Deerling/Swasbuck Forms.

I thought seasons were pretty annoying in B/W, but if they came back as merely aesthetic changes that wouldn't be so bad.

Well to be fair, only the Mantyke and Spheal lines were available during Winter but not in any other routes/season. The rest you could find in all seasons but with different encounter rates. Same with Stunfisk & Shelmet but there's a lot of time to get them before Winter hits.

Although I can understand its deal with Twist Mountain since Winter makes it a joke.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I'm kind of thinking that this game won't take place in Hoenn, since several sources including the trailer say it takes place in a "spectacular new world." Though whether or not it does, I'm sure this is the place the backpacker from X & Y was talking about, so maybe we'll see him again

Just marketing speak. You're reading too much into it.

confuser987

If this this game happens after the events of the regular hoenn games, I wonder I large the pokedex will be.
I hope that they will re-introduce those move tutors from before and from previous recent games.
I wonder how they will improve the diving experience.
If those are Mega Evolutions of the original mascots, I wonder what would Raquaza's be. Gamma like the Incredible Hulk?
Dragon Sceptile, dragon Tropius.
How about more Reverse type battles in Trick House?
References to Team Flare, and a new Team Aqua equivalent like Team Cool.
A wide selection of bandanas.
Surprise Event for transferring pokes from Gen III hoeen region to new Hoenn again.
Can become best buddies that chubby geek villain from Kalos?
Back to only one or two same age friends?
How about a different style of battling where Physcial and Special stats that depends on the move type.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Just marketing speak. You're reading too much into it.
I'm sure you're right. It's just with all of the surprises and curveballs Pokémon and Game Freak have given us lately, I don't know what to assume anymore

Pilpulp

美的
I completely expect the region to be significantly altered.

You can't go from a region like Kalos back to a region like Hoenn, (as nice as it was at the time) you just can't keep it the exact same, like I think HG SS was.

(No one please attack me if that was wrong and there was a ton of games, I've played GS and HG SS and from what I know it's the same bar battle frontier and all of that, which is expected.

I just think the towns will be expanded on and so will the gyms etc... Sort of like a third version game. Sort of.

**I expect it to have 6th Gen Graphics just the region will need to be changed a bit to fit it right?

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I'm guessing that they will include mega evolutions and possibly upgrade the Team Aqua vs Team Magma plot in some way. I kinda hope that they make the climax of their plot take place during your 1st attempt at the league and interrupting it like how the BW1 games did.

Last edited:

Tattooed Tooth

So many flags!
People should be aware that there won't be new pokémon here.
And probably no new mega evolutions besides Latios and Latias, or they couldn't be used because X/Y don't have them. Although they could release patches for them, because at least Mega Sceptile and Mega Swampert should exist.

I really want contests to be amazing.
Emerald Battle Frontier, I had so much fun the little I played in my brother's Emerald... And with nice move tutors (maybe the usual ones from the past generations).
Secret bases and dive spots would be cool too.

And following pokémon like HGSS I couldn't play! T-T

Also, somewhere else like the HGSS rematches or the B2W2 World Tournament, where we battle gym leaders and E4 with updated teams!

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I completely expect the region to be significantly altered.

You can't go from a region like Kalos back to a region like Hoenn, (as nice as it was at the time) you just can't keep it the exact same, like I think HG SS was.

(No one please attack me if that was wrong and there was a ton of games, I've played GS and HG SS and from what I know it's the same bar battle frontier and all of that, which is expected.

I just think the towns will be expanded on and so will the gyms etc... Sort of like a third version game. Sort of.

**I expect it to have 6th Gen Graphics just the region will need to be changed a bit to fit it right?

It will of course look a lot different since it will be in 3D now rather than 2D, but don't count on major changes making things unrecognizable.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I'm kinda hoping the odd patterns on Groudon and Kyogre are just artistic liberties, or just their versions of Overdrive forms.

Maybe I'm just revisionist, but ramp up the Dex with some more 'mons? The selection of Pokemon employed by the villains is just pitiful, and the oceans could stand to be more diverse, considering how much of the game those take up. Newer evolutions of former Hoenn Dex 'mons are a given, but some Pokemon from the newer games certainly wouldn't go amiss.

King Marth 64

The King of Fire Emblem
I wondered if they put the Mega Blazikenite obtainable in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire instead of having it as Event exclusive.

And also, I hope that they put Juan, Scott, and Battle Frontier and other stuff from Emerald to Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, not have Team Magma and Team Aqua as Version Exclusive in this remake, and not cut May and replaced by a new female protagonist like Lyra from HeartGold and SoulSilver.

I also wanted to see Mega Sceptile and Mega Swampert since they didn't have Events for them like Mega Blaziken from X and Y.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
One thing I'd like to see is that they'd try to do the time-skip aspect of the storyline they did in BW2. I know that these are remakes, and BW2 were considered the least successful pokémon games, but I thought it was nice to actually have a time skip twist in the story rather than doing a complete remake since it shows how much things have changed over the years. Plus, it'd give us the chance to be introduced to new characters and maybe even a Dark type gym leader

Last edited:

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Also, make surfing quicker, or the water routes shorter. It was way too tedious last time. Like half the routes were surfing, and all you ever found were tentacools and wingulls, with the occasional pelliper

Eh, at least we have Repel prompts now.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubT2SHlePYc#t=25

Not this tune repeated over and over and over and over

Also, make surfing quicker, or the water routes shorter. It was way too tedious last time. Like half the routes were surfing, and all you ever found were tentacools and wingulls, with the occasional pelliper

R/S actually have the fastest surfing speed I'm pretty sure. The water routes are probably going to receive some overhauls.

Eh, at least we have Repel prompts now.

Still the best feature added.

Status
Not open for further replies.