• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

momopeach

Update to my first page post of what I want/expect:

1) Character customization.
2) Secret Bases (And visit others, unlike Poke Amie's decor)
3) Battle Frontier
4) Move Tutors
5) NO Megas for Kyogre & Groudon
6) Contests
7) Large selection of pokemon (not just keeping them as they appeared before)
8) A lot of end-game.
9) Being able to get all the legends (Jirachi mostly)
10) Breeding mechanics like in X/Y.
11) Challenge mode from the start.

This is pretty much mine.

Also I'd love to get rid of Hms, but if that even happens, it won't until next gen since XY had them.

I hope to see more of the Gym leaders too.

Charizard_Millky

Punk Rock > You
I disagree with the whole "throwing their own timeline out the window." Who says that they're going to even make the MegaGroudon and MegaKyogre a part of the story anyway? Yeah, the Ruby Orb and Sapphire Orb are part of the story, as is Rayquaza, but they don't HAVE to make MegaEvolution a part of the story. It could be part of a new post-game side quest. Think back to Heart Gold and Soul Silver. Remember how the Gym Leader rematches had Hoenn and Sinnoh Pokémon in their teams as well, as opposed to just Kanto and Johto Pokémon? Not part of the original continuity, but still included to bring the games up to current standards. That's what they're probably going to do.
Gen 1/3 run parallel
Gen 2/4 run parallel

Hence why Johto gym leaders could have Sinnoh in the post game. If they do include Mega Evolutions, then gen 6 has to be similar with gen 3 which doesn't make a whole lot of sense, even post game. Could depend on how far ahead gen 6 is exactly.

Arcanineblitz

I think so too, but just don't want them to be regardless lol enough so I have to voice my dislike to the idea =P

At first i thought that the glowy marks were just them in their "orb controlled state" and thought everyone was overreacting because they wanted mega K and G but the whole "these are completely different pokemon" thing threw me off i dont know what to think anymore lol

Ninfia-Fan

Update to my first page post of what I want/expect:

1) Character customization.
2) Secret Bases (And visit others, unlike Poke Amie's decor)
3) Battle Frontier
4) Move Tutors
5) NO Megas for Kyogre & Groudon
6) Contests
7) Large selection of pokemon (not just keeping them as they appeared before)
8) A lot of end-game.
9) Being able to get all the legends (Jirachi mostly)
10) Breeding mechanics like in X/Y.
11) Challenge mode from the start.

All of these are good points. The reason I bolded the 5th point is that, I believe that Kyogre's and Groudon's box-art hints at alternate forms instead of full-blown Megas. Either that, or the box art is just flashy.

Anyway, I'm hoping for maybe some new Pokemon, or Megas, just to shake things up. Also, customisation has to stick around; if it didn't, the. Pokemon. Company would only get hate for that.

EDIT:

Speaking of Gym Leaders, wouldn't it provide a challenge if they each had a Mega? Along with the E4 and Champion, though, that'll be 13 Megas to be used and that may be too many appearing throughout the game.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I hope they change Roxanne's team and give her a fossil.Lileep would be great,instead of Nosepass.

Maybe if there's a Challenge Mode in OR/AS it could be in her roster, otherwise I'm against that idea. I don't think the Gym Leader rosters need improvement.

Riskybiscuit

I disagree with the whole "throwing their own timeline out the window." Who says that they're going to even make the MegaGroudon and MegaKyogre a part of the story anyway? Yeah, the Ruby Orb and Sapphire Orb are part of the story, as is Rayquaza, but they don't HAVE to make MegaEvolution a part of the story. It could be part of a new post-game side quest. Think back to Heart Gold and Soul Silver. Remember how the Gym Leader rematches had Hoenn and Sinnoh Pokémon in their teams as well, as opposed to just Kanto and Johto Pokémon? Not part of the original continuity, but still included to bring the games up to current standards. That's what they're probably going to do.

Trust me, Game Freak is no stranger to minor retcons. My guess is that they'll probably make the new "Formes" be simple Megas (since that's this generation's gimmick), and you have to go on some sort of side quest to unlock the "hidden power" inside the Ruby/Sapphire Orb, ultimately turning it into the Mega Stone Groudonite or Kyogrite.

That's fair, they could totally make them megas without messing with anything, like if they just power up and no one's quite figured out how or why so megas are still technically undiscovered until XY yeah. It's totally possible, but I feel like if they look like that on the box that that version of them is more important than just a bonus. But you're right.

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
At first i thought that the glowy marks were just them in their "orb controlled state" and thought everyone was overreacting because they wanted mega K and G but the whole "these are completely different pokemon" thing threw me off i dont know what to think anymore lol

All of these are good points. The reason I bolded the 5th point is that, I believe that Kyogre's and Groudon's box-art hints at alternate forms instead of full-blown Megas. Either that, or the box art is just flashy.

Anyway, I'm hoping for maybe some new Pokemon, or Megas, just to shake things up. Also, customisation has to stick around; if it didn't, the. Pokemon. Company would only get hate for that..
I know, I've been up and down these threads since they were created and discussed all of it, like I said just now. I know they're not likely megas but I hate the idea so much I needed to make it a point that I DO NOT want them to be megas, new forms? sure, go ahead, just not megas. They should hold out on Legendary megas as long as possible. For reasons I discussed already and wont go back to.

Pretty sure there wont be new pokemon (as in new pokedex entries if thats what you mean)

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
Gen 1/3 run parallel
Gen 2/4 run parallel

Hence why Johto gym leaders could have Sinnoh in the post game. If they do include Mega Evolutions, then gen 6 has to be similar with gen 3 which doesn't make a whole lot of sense, even post game. Could depend on how far ahead gen 6 is exactly.

You're grossly overthinking it. Nowhere in the games is this supposed "timeline" mentioned. In fact, the reason that people say that First and Third (and Second and Fourth) are parallel, is because of the original remakes. When they were remade, they were allowed to trade to the Hoenn games, so people began saying they must run in the same continuity as the Hoenn games. They began to connect dots from there, but ultimately, it wasn't anything more than people running with a theory that had no reason to be untrue.

Also, the original Gold and Silver were capable of trading to Red and Blue, even though there was a two-year time difference between the games. I respect your point, but it was a moot point over a decade ago. Any supposed time difference between the Hoenn games and the Kalos games is ultimately irrelevant because GameFreak set the precedent years ago that it doesn't matter.

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
That's fair, they could totally make them megas without messing with anything, like if they just power up and no one's quite figured out how or why so megas are still technically undiscovered until XY yeah. It's totally possible, but I feel like if they look like that on the box that that version of them is more important than just a bonus. But you're right.
But under that logic then Origin form Giratina would fall under that category as well, hell it changes forms pretty drastically in comparison to these two.

Ninfia-Fan

Pretty sure there wont be new pokemon (as in new pokedex entries if thats what you mean)

No, I was referring to new Pokemon, but I severely doubt that now, when I think about it. I think we got our new batch of Pokemon with XY and we'll be very lucky if there are any more Megas...

Charizard_Millky

Punk Rock > You
You're grossly overthinking it. Nowhere in the games is this supposed "timeline" mentioned. In fact, the reason that people say that First and Third (and Second and Fourth) are parallel, is because of the original remakes. When they were remade, they were allowed to trade to the Hoenn games, so people began saying they must run in the same continuity as the Hoenn games. They began to connect dots from there, but ultimately, it wasn't anything more than people running with a theory that had no reason to be untrue.

Also, the original Gold and Silver were capable of trading to Red and Blue, even though there was a two-year time difference between the games. I respect your point, but it was a moot point over a decade ago. Any supposed time difference between the Hoenn games and the Kalos games is ultimately irrelevant because GameFreak set the precedent years ago that it doesn't matter.
I like things being proper and tidy, sue me :p

I can't look it up now but I'm pretty sure in FRLG Bill or Cello (the trade guy in the Islands) mentions something about Hoenn and how they're basically at the same time. The time-capsle and pure references in GSC ensure it is 3 years ahead of RBY. I also believe their is a link between DPP and HGSS but again cannot look it up atm. Feel free to find and correct me but I do believe there was in-game references to the timeline being parallel or at the very least, damn close.

Arcanineblitz

Yea there wont be new pokemon i was referring to what was said about groudon and kyogre being "new"

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
No, I was referring to new Pokemon, but I severely doubt that now, when I think about it. I think we got our new batch of Pokemon with XY and we'll be very lucky if there are any more Megas...

Well this isn't a new generation, it's a remake after all...

Eeveemaster

Amemoth Fan :D
Based on the video description (New world , new adventure thing) I think the games would be like Black2 and White2, the storyline will be after Ruby and Sapphire.

I still stand firm to my opinion regarding the "New World, New Adventure" phrase for the promo video that is to indicate that while it is a full remake of Ruby & Sapphire, it has the changes/retcon introduced in Pokemon X & Y. Meaning Fairy type existed in Hoenn and the existance of Mega Evolution. Even the possibility of more Mega Evolution for Hoenn Pokemon.

Riskybiscuit

But under that logic then Origin form Giratina would fall under that category as well, hell it changes forms pretty drastically in comparison to these two.

If they wanted to go that far pokemon could totally make all of the form changing items actually mega stones in disguise. I mean i can't say I'd love it if it happened but they could if they wanted to tbh. These forms could also be something new, cause the B/W Kyurems were something newish and then we had megas so they could just having something that's like a boost that makes them look a bit more special.

I like things being proper and tidy, sue me :p

I can't look it up now but I'm pretty sure in FRLG Bill or Cello (the trade guy in the Islands) mentions something about Hoenn and how they're basically at the same time. The time-capsle and pure references in GSC ensure it is 3 years ahead of RBY. I also believe their is a link between DPP and HGSS but again cannot look it up atm. Feel free to find and correct me but I do believe there was in-game references to the timeline being parallel or at the very least, damn close.

Plus a guy that works for Pokemon had a tweet of the timeline. that's how we now know gen 5 and 6 are at the same time

Last edited:

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?

But, there is no sign that Origin Forme Giratina didn't exist in Diamond and Pearl, other than us just knowing due to mechanical reasons. When we found him in D/P, he was already in our world and thus in the Alternate Forme, and we had no means of finding the Griseous Orb to return him to his Origin Forme. I mean, yeah, we couldn't trade the Griseous Orb back to Diamond and Pearl due to the fact that, mechanically, it didn't exist. But if you know that it exists as part of the canon, and still try to find proof of a continuity error in Diamond and Pearl, you won't find it. The continuity of Diamond and Pearl still holds up in regards to the story, even when you take Platinum's canon into account.

Arcanineblitz

Here are some things that i want =)

1. Battle frontier

2. Some newer gen evolutions before we beat the game (in hgss i caught a magnaton so i can use magnezone for the first time and found out it didn't evolve and its still in the box.)

3. CHALLENGE MODE PLEASE SEMPAIIII!!

4.pokemon following you (probably wont happen but i really hope it does)

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
But, there is no sign that Origin Forme Giratina didn't exist in Diamond and Pearl, other than us just knowing due to mechanical reasons. When we found him in D/P, he was already in our world and thus in the Alternate Forme, and we had no means of finding the Griseous Orb to return him to his Origin Forme. I mean, yeah, we couldn't trade the Griseous Orb back to Diamond and Pearl due to the fact that, mechanically, it didn't exist. But if you know that it exists as part of the canon, and still try to find proof of a continuity error in Diamond and Pearl, you won't find it. The continuity of Diamond and Pearl still holds up in regards to the story, even when you take Platinum's canon into account.
Tl;Dr you got too technical pointlessly and i stopped reading.
The point of my post was to highlight how items could be turned into mega stones for whatever reason.
Like people saying the Red/Blue orbs turned out to be the mega stones for Kyogre/Groudon... or, how (as i just said) Giratinas orb changes its form, so GF/Nintendo could technically say, OH HEY! Well look he changed forms because that was MEGA STONES and back then we didnt know they were but NOW we know!... no just no. Forced plot if i ever heard one

Status
Not open for further replies.