• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torpoleon

I can't really explain how dissappointed I would be if they decided to nerf the E4's teams. The small rosters of the last two generations is something I dislike greatly.

Anyway, I also hope they use the Emerald Gym teams, they were much more fitting in my opinion:
Roxanne
RS: Geodude(14), Nosepass(15)
E: Geodude(12), Geodude(12), Nosepass(15)

Brawly
RS: Machop(17), Makuhita(18)
E: Machop(16), Meditite(16), Makuhita(19)

Wattson
RS: Magnemite(22), Voltorb(20), Magneton(23)
E: Voltorb(20), Magneton(22), Electrike(20), Manectric(24)

Flannery
RS: Slugma(26), Slugma(26), Torkoal(28)
E: Numel(24), Slugma(24), Camerupt(26), Torkoal(29)

Norman
RS: Slaking(28), Vigoroth(30), Slaking(31)
E: Spinda(27), Vigoroth(27), Linoone(29), Slaking(31)

Winona
RS: Swellow(31), Pelipper(30), Skarmory(32), Altaria(33)
E: Swablu(29), Tropius(29), Pelipper(30), Skarmory(31), Altaria(33)

Tate&Liza
RS: Lunatone(42), Solrock(42)
E: Claydol(41), Xatu(41), Lunatone(42), Solrock(42)

Wallace/Juan
RS: Luvdisc(40), Sealo(40), Seaking(42), Whiscash(42), Milotic(43)
E: Luvdisc(41), Whiscash(41), Sealo(43), Crawdaunt(43), Kingdra(46)
I do think that most of the teams are a slight bit harder in Emerald, especially the ones like Tate&Liza. The teams are also a lot more varied and each ace holds a berry. The only team I think is a downgrade is Norman's, simply because two Slaking are beastly.

I don't think Juan will be a gym leader, but I hope Wallace's team has the same levels as Juan's (damn you lvl46 Kingdra).
The only reason I could see them bringing it down to 4 Pokémon for the Elite 4 is because recent games have done that. Now that I think about it and look at the Gym Leader teams in the original games, I kinda want them to go back to 5 Pokémon for ORAS.

One big thing I don't want to see from the Gym Leaders & E4 is them using multiple Pokémon from an evolution line. There's more than enough Pokémon to go around for each type. At the very least, if they stuck with the Emerald Gym Leader teams, with some slight level, move and item variations, I'd be somewhat OK with that.

Looking at the Emerald Teams, though, ideally I'd want to see changes like these:

Roxanne- I would love if they did Anorith, Lileep & Nosepass, but that might be too much for the first gym. Instead, I guess maybe she could stick with her original Emerald Team (but with slightly stronger Geodudes). Maybe even have Onix & Geodude instead of 2 Geodude.

Brawly- Looks fine.

Wattson- Ditch Electrike for Pikachu.

Flannery- Ideally I'd like her to replace Numel, depending on what else becomes available.

Norman- Ditch Vigoroth. There are tons of options, such as Loudred, Delcatty, Zangoose & Kecleon.

Winona- Ditch Swablu for Swellow.

Tate & Liza- I would love to see them with Gardevoir & Gallade, either replacing Claydol & Xatu, or in addition to those two.

Wallace/Juan- Overall, it looks fine to me.

Last edited:

Aetius

Sort of like that ruin maniac guy who collected unowns in gen IV and his tunnel. Also, like Clay Tunnel.
Yes, shortcuts throughout the region using dive is a great idea. So is the idea for new locations.
Possibly even new caverns where you can only catch specific Pokemon.

That's right!
Fly is useful, but I wouldn't mind if you could go from a location to another using Dive.
They could make a short cutsecene which shows us our character being pulled away by the current and arriving in no time at the destination we chose. :D

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
That's right!
Fly is useful, but I wouldn't mind if you could go from a location to another using Dive.
They could make a short cutsecene which shows us our character being pulled away by the current and arriving in no time at the destination we chose. :D

Now that is an interesting idea. Perhaps some type of underwater shortcut? I like it.
Probably even more useful in the later water-filled part of the game.

Sorry if this has already been discused but will Steven be champion?

We have no idea, but presumably yes, seeing as these games are remakes of RS and not E, which is great because I always thought that he just seemed to be a better character than Wallace, at least in the role of champion. He also had a rather diverse team, and, Ruby being my first game, was one of my most memorable battles - hopefully we'll see him more in the post-game than before...

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
That's right!

While I appreciate variety in terms of transportation methods, I don't think there's a problem with simply using Fly to access different areas. :x

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Well, Genius Sonority did develop Battle Trozei recently, so it proves they are still somewhat involved within it in recenter times.
Although I would agree that the chances of an Orre Remake of all things to be dim.

Which are just other games that Game Freak doesn't have the rights to. Whether Genius Sonority still makes games or not doesn't matter, what matters is that they are not Game Freak so Game Freak has no ownership or control of the games they make, so Game Freak can't just go around using bits and pieces of Genius Sonority's games.

Ugh, I hated searching for wild Feebas in R/S. I also hope it gets changed in OR/AS and becomes easier to pull off.

With Wifi and just the ability to transfer to OR/AS getting a Feebas isn't really a huge deal. They're pretty easy to come by now.

ThePiggyRider

←Look at this Swinub
I think that Game Freak should lower the chances of finding shinies for Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby. They are just too easy to find in X and Y. Not only did they increase the shiny encounter rate; they raised the rate for the Masuda method, Poke Radar, along with adding new methods like Shiny Fishing and the Friend Safari Method. Shinies don't seem special anymore because EVERYONE HAS THEM.

I would also like to see a Pokewalker-like device. Instead of having the Pokenav, we should have the Poketch, as it has apps to choose from.

Last edited:
Is anyone else interested in whether Evergrande City gets...well revamped? From memory, it wasn't a city in any way; just the location of the Pokémon League and that Pokémon Centre. I also greatly look forward to using Waterfall to climb up the Evergrande Waterfall! Hopefully the post-game could include a Regi storyline/plot, similar to the Charon and Heatran ordeal?

Aetius

Now that is an interesting idea. Perhaps some type of underwater shortcut? I like it.
Probably even more useful in the later water-filled part of the game.

Yes, something like that.
I wish this method of transportation could be used in the post-game.
Perhaps to reach islands linked together. :D

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
I think that Game Freak should lower the chances of finding shinies for Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby. They are just too easy to find in X and Y. Not only did they increase the shiny encounter rate; they raised the rate for the Masuda method, Poke Radar, along with adding new methods like Shiny Fishing and the Friend Safari Method. Shinies don't seem special anymore because EVERYONE HAS THEM.

I would also like to see a Pokewalker-like device. Instead of having the Pokenav, we should have to Poketch, as it has apps to choose from.

I think your just lucky mate. I have found a total of 2 shinies so far. I found more shinies in previous generations then I have in this gen.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
I'm just glad wifi exists for these handhelds because prior to gen 4 I didn't really do any battling or trading or anything besides literally the main game and post-game stuff if there was any. I'm hoping the games are a much stronger experience this time around especially with the new mechanics and whatnot

NeohopeSTF

Sol Badguy
I hope Mirage Island or whatever it was called returns

Ezzy

Dark Type Gym Leader
We have no idea, but presumably yes, seeing as these games are remakes of RS and not E, which is great because I always thought that he just seemed to be a better character than Wallace, at least in the role of champion. He also had a rather diverse team, and, Ruby being my first game, was one of my most memorable battles - hopefully we'll see him more in the post-game than before...
Yea I prefer Steven to Wallace too. Plus if Steven's champion then its a good chance his ace, Metagross will get a Mega!

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Yes, something like that.
I wish this method of transportation could be used in the post-game.
Perhaps to reach islands linked together. :D

Yes, that sounds intriguing. Like connecting some new (or old) islands.
Who knows, maybe even some new types of areas.

jayel123

I don't think that the idea of more mega pokemon is completely out of the question. I consider it to be highly likely in fact. 1. They need a reason for you to upgrade and buy pokemon z, to allow you to trade your new megas to from or/as to z. 2. It's entirely possible they just add an update to x y to allow for new megas to be traded to xy. I don't see why they wouldn't do this. Nintendo needs to get on the dlc scene, imagine, gen 7 being compatible with gen 6 just from a pokedex update. Or oR/aS introducing new pokemon even that can be updated or unlocked through dlc in xy. Maybe even a preorder code you get to trade new megas from or/as. 3. The 3ds being able to update games and and have dlc doesn't make this impossible and I'd be pumped to see it happen. Make it's feel like truly next gen pokemon.

colarslight

I would like to see what the new forms of Kyogre and Groudon are because its interesting with the similar glow they both have. Seems like someone new has decided they want in on the legendary fun..

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
If it does appear in OR/AS, I hope the chances of finding it increase because I never found it in R/S and I never will since my games' internal batteries died.

Same.

Speaking of which, I hope they make Feebas easier to obtain this time. Maybe they could bring back rippling water, so it would basically be the same method as before, except instead of having 6 random, unmarked tiles in a huge river, it'd be periodic, marked tiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.