• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Same.

Speaking of which, I hope they make Feebas easier to obtain this time. Maybe they could bring back rippling water, so it would basically be the same method as before, except instead of having 6 random, unmarked tiles in a huge river, it'd be periodic, marked tiles.

The rippling water....that is a good idea to implement. At least then we could actually see the spots....

NeohopeSTF

Sol Badguy
Also remembered something else, in emerald if you completed the regional dex or something like that you get a johto starter maybe that can return?

Ezzy

Dark Type Gym Leader
Im almost certain they will include more Megas. There are just so many pokemon that can benefit from it. The first one that pops into my mind is Zangoose. He could rise all the way up to OU with a Mega Evo.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I wonder if they will add a Badge checkpoint before the Victory Road this time around. I know it's something silly but I found it quite interesting to be able to make all your way down to the Victory Road with seven badges only. You could just skip Winona's Gym and get to Ever Grande City with seven badges, as it gives the user the ability to use Fly outside of battles, the only HM who isn't compulsory. I didn't do it because I think Fly is really useful but yeah, still unusual for a game. :p

RoySceptile

Bakaner
Im almost certain they will include more Megas. There are just so many pokemon that can benefit from it. The first one that pops into my mind is Zangoose. He could rise all the way up to OU with a Mega Evo.

Zangoose is definitely one of the top contenders for a Mega, in my opinion.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I wonder if they will add a Badge checkpoint before the Victory Road this time around. I know it's something silly but I found it quite interesting to be able to make all your way down to the Victory Road with seven badges only. You could just skip Winona's Gym and get to Ever Grande City with seven badges, as it gives the user the ability to use Fly outside of battles, the only HM who isn't compulsory. I didn't do it because I think Fly is really useful but yeah, still unusual for a game. :p

Well it was recognized as Juan/Wallace even mentioned that if you hadn't beaten Winona yet, and I thought it a unique little thing.

Would like to see it remain.

Hasty

Moonside
I expect:
-Mega Kyogre and Mega Groudon and maybe some kind of intermediate form (the looks on the boxart)?
-Mega Lati@s
-Secret Bases
-full 3D graphics like in XY

What I desire:
-Mega Swampert
-Mega Sceptile
-Mega's for some Unova Pokemon (maybe Swoobat, Basculin, Maractus, Scrafty, Beheeyem..?)
-atmospheric beautiful landscapes to explore
-updates/fixes for Pokemon models

Btw I thought we know everything hidden in XY (Diancie, Hoopa, Volcanion, Mega Lati@s, AZ Floette), how come there can be new Mega's in ORAS? They should be compatible because they are in the same Generation or not?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

Really? I didn't know that we could skip Winona's Gym. Speaking of which, I expect updated Gym puzzles for the Hoenn Gyms.

Thure

We have no idea, but presumably yes, seeing as these games are remakes of RS and not E, which is great because I always thought that he just seemed to be a better character than Wallace, at least in the role of champion. He also had a rather diverse team, and, Ruby being my first game, was one of my most memorable battles - hopefully we'll see him more in the post-game than before...

Who said it's not a remake of E? I mean... Would you call SS and HG remakes of GS? Or of C? Because they were mostly remakes of C. We shouldn't get confused by the name.

shadcat1206

in the shadows i lie
Is anyone else interested in whether Evergrande City gets...well revamped? From memory, it wasn't a city in any way; just the location of the Pokémon League and that Pokémon Centre. I also greatly look forward to using Waterfall to climb up the Evergrande Waterfall! Hopefully the post-game could include a Regi storyline/plot, similar to the Charon and Heatran ordeal?

as long as there is still a challenge to get the trio i think this could be an excelent game. that was one of the best things about ruby and sapphire

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
It would be cool to see what kind of puzzle Winora's gym would be. Skyla's was craaaazy. Launching yourself into cannons and hitting the walls. Maybe Winora's will involve spinning through the gym with the use of fans.

boisechris

The Strategist
If contests come back I would assume that there would be two ways to evolve Feebas, the traditional maximum beauty and the Prism Scale trading method.
That'd be confusing, but still.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
If contests come back I would assume that there would be two ways to evolve Feebas, the traditional maximum beauty and the Prism Scale trading method.
That'd be confusing, but still.

I am not sure if they would bring back the maximum beauty thing, but I would be fine if they did.
I just hope that gen III style contests DO return. I loved going from city to city, entering contests and preparing Pokemon specifically for them.

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
I am not sure if they would bring back the maximum beauty thing, but I would be fine if they did.
I just hope that gen III style contests DO return. I loved going from city to city, entering contests and preparing Pokemon specifically for them.

What if we get separate tents for Battle Tents and Pokemon Contests?

I always thought it was odd that Emerald merged the Pokemon Contests into one place. I hope they separate them by city again. I bet Pokeblock making will get more complex thanks to the touchscreen and other 3ds functions now available.

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?

Wait, you could skip Winona? Never knew that!

I wanna see Peeko and that old guy with the boat returning. Then I'll be happy!

jayel123

Anybody else think that the groudon on the box art cud be the groudon we saw in jirachi wishmaker? I see some similarities between the two. Groudons signature move shud the tentacles he controls in that movie :D

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
What if we get separate tents for Battle Tents and Pokemon Contests?

I always thought it was odd that Emerald merged the Pokemon Contests into one place. I hope they separate them by city again. I bet Pokeblock making will get more complex thanks to the touchscreen and other 3ds functions now available.

I agree with you here. I enjoyed that the contests were in multiple cities. It made the entire experience feel more....worldly.
As for Pokeblocks, I never really used them much, but I might this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.