• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thundabolt

Electromaniac
Secret bases, more megas, and of course a beautiful remastered soundtrack!

MattySadler

Fully expecting Mega Sceptile and Swampert. Absolutely no reason not to.

ad20999

Hoenn Contest Master
I really hope they include the feature where the first Pokemon in your party follows you around like in Heartgold. I also hope that a mega evolutions are added to a few more Pokémon, especially Swampert. I thought the story of Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald was good so I hope that they somehow develop it. I would like to see some new islands included such as anime exclusive islands that weren't in the original games along with the battle frontier from Emerald. Do any of you know if the story is going to be kept the same, developed or completely changed?

I expect to see Mega Swampert and Mega Sceptile. I desire to see Mega Metagross, as hes my second favorite Pseudo Legendary. Other than that, I really want to see Secret Bases reintroduced, with a buttload of new features, as well as some sort of Wifi play with them.

Keyblade_Cub

Just a thought, but what if instead of Team Magma going for Groudon they did the opposite this time around. And for some reason they want Kyogre instead and Team Aqua going after Groudon. Sort of how Black and White had the Mascots on opposite game cases. Just something to change up the story and not make it completely the same as before even if it is a remake.

digletman

diglettrainer
Secret bases emerald battle frontier mega swampert new areas slaking without truant AND RELICANTH EASIER TO FIND IT TOOK ME AN HOUR

Expectations :
- At least one new town or city
- At least one new gym leader
- 3D contests, but with an Evergrande-type finale, where we take on the best?
- On the topic of Evergrande City; an actual city!
- At least 5 new Mega Evolutions

Desires
- Regi & Rayquaza post-game plot! The Regis can involve Brandon, definitely!
- MegaMetagross (the king of bad-assery)
- Huge post-game
- MegaGallade!
- New Elite Four, if not some new members
- Awesome Battle Frontier!

That's all I have right now..

Nerdboyiam

Unlucky Hunter
I Hope the Battle frontier is brought back in the remake but updated on how the BP earned to be the same way as XY so we don't have to win x amounts of battles for 2-5 BP again

Poetry

Dancing Mad
The "dramatic story" element sounds interesting - I'm definitely hoping for an improved storyline, though with it being remakes I know there is a limit as to how much they'll be willing to alter the structure of the originals.
Apart from that, I'm really hoping for a truly killer soundtrack with live instrumentation, and fantastic cinematic graphics which hopefully will build on the standard set by X/Y instead of just copying it.

landshaymin

Follow my lead.
I can't really imagine.
Of course secret bases. Maybe even from persons that are on your friend list.
And I hope player customization.
Or some new islands post-game.
I really hope these weird new Kyogre and Groudon designs are some new forms and no just
some fancy idea for an artwork.

Shiny Espeon0429

Please, please, please say the Battle Frontier returns. I loved it in Platinum and never got to properly play it in Emerald and it is one of the few features that I've truly missed in later games. 3D, new Mega Evolutions and customisation should all return and I expect that we'll see more post game stuff as well (With FRLG and HGSS both doing that). Apart from the BF, RSE had a very lacking post-game, so I'd be surprised it more wasn't introduced. Kyogre and Groudon naturally look like getting Megas, but I would really like Walrein, Salamence and Milotic/Metagross get them so that all the Hoenn E4 can have Megas!

One point to speculate - Who will be the champion? Steven is more popular and the obvious choice, but if Wallace is the Champ, Juan can be a gym leader, Steven can hide out in Meteor Falls and all three can be in the game. Shoehorning Juan in might be more difficult if Steven is the champion.

Bring on the Trumpets!

ETA: I hope that Sceptile and Swampert get Megas as well; otherwise it'll just feel wierd and biased towards Blaziken.

Last edited:

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Also, I cna't wait for Contests. I don't want to see Super Contests, but the usual, RSE Contests. They were a pretty fun sidequest, and, other than the Pokéathlon, have been the only decent sidequest for me in the series. I'd love to see them integrate some sort of animation for the attacks so we can see them in a Contest form.

I'm really hoping that the original Contests do make a return here, they've really been the only side thing that I enjoyed, I'm not going to hold my breath, though.

•Music: I loved the RSE tracks and I'd like to see them remixed.

While this is a given, I'm really interested to see what changes are made. R/S/E had a very unique soundfont.

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
Please, please, please say the Battle Frontier returns. I loved it in Platinum and never got to properly play it in Emerald and it is one of the few features that I've truly missed in later games. 3D, new Mega Evolutions and customisation should all return and I expect that we'll see more post game stuff as well (With FRLG and HGSS both doing that). Apart from the BF, RSE had a very lacking post-game, so I'd be surprised it more wasn't introduced. Kyogre and Groudon naturally look like getting Megas, but I would really like Walrein, Salamence and Milotic/Metagross get them so that all the Hoenn E4 can have Megas!

One point to speculate - Who will be the champion? Steven is more popular and the obvious choice, but if Wallace is the Champ, Juan can be a gym leader, Steven can hide out in Meteor Falls and all three can be in the game. Shoehorning Juan in might be more difficult if Steven is the champion.

Bring on the Trumpets!

Poor Wally gets no love.
Though I honestly could see him as being more of a professor or gym leader.

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
I think Secret Bases transferred to others via Street/Spotpass would be cool. Maybe if you find it, the other person can leave something inside, maybe a Pokemon or an Item... I dunno?

Aetius

I hope that the trick house will be revamped and also remain active even after facing the last riddle, because honestly, I really didn't like that the trick master disappeared just like that...

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I think Secret Bases transferred to others via Street/Spotpass would be cool. Maybe if you find it, the other person can leave something inside, maybe a Pokemon or an Item... I dunno?

With all the wireless capability we have now there's a lot of neat things they could do with Secret Bases if they return. Wifi alone makes them a lot more useful since it'll be easier to connect with people and actually get them into your game.

I hope that the trick house will be revamped and also remain active even after facing the last riddle, because honestly, I really didn't like that the trick master disappeared just like that...

The Trick Master has always been one of my favourite characters. It'd be really great if they kept all the old puzzles in addition to adding some more, that way we'd have a lot more content for it. There's also the ability to add more via DLC, though I don't think that would be something Game Freak does.

Eevee15

Shiny Sensei
No offense to staff, but I was ripped off. I posted a thread like this earlier this morning before the Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire forum section was opened. So it was closed because no one wanted to put 3 minutes of effort into moving it. This thread is a copy of mine and if you don't believe me go to the general discussion or my profile/my posts and compare the time/date. If you don't want to take 5 minutes of your time, continue your life in a chair in front of a computer. I deserve to be recognized as the OP of the Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire discussion thread. Again, no offense made to staff.

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
I love the Trickhouse! The sad thing is, in my head, I always thought "Oh boy, free exp points!" when I did my Sapphire nuzlocke. I really do think the Trickhouse was fun with puzzles. I hope they add more puzzles in the remake and make them different than the original puzzles.

I really hope the remake adds more trainers or easier way to gain exp because grinding was hell in Hoenn even after the horrible exp drought Johto had.

thetamale

Where do I begin?

Pokedex of at least Kalos proportions
Trainer Customisation
Team Magma's lair
Secret Bases
Day and Night
Contests
Seasons(?)
Steven as Champion

as many of these as possible would be grand.

Status
Not open for further replies.