• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamSe7en

Veteran
The 3rd Gen games were my least favorite by far (including the Red and Blue remakes). I am however really looking forward to these games as I fell like they will make me like the 3rd gen games more.

I reallllly hope they let your Pokemon follow you around again. Heart Gold and Soul Silver are still my favorite games in the entire series, and that was one of the many reasons as to why.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
It's going to be hell running into a million Tentacools again. I'm hoping for Hoenn to give us something similar to Poke-radar like HGSS did so we won't have to see the same repeats of certain species.

If I was to get a dollar every time I saw a water and trumpet meme/joke on the Internet because of the remake, I would be pretty rich by now.

They could easily alter the Pokemon distribution by expanding the Dex and add more variety of Water Pokemon. But then again, there are Repels.

I remembered when Ruby and Sapphire first released, and this ended up being my favorite gen as well. So hyped up for this game. :)

Also as for all the anti-water talk, am I the only one who found the dreary caves in RBY worse?

Since this is a water-centric region, am I the only one hoping for customized pokemon surf icons? (Well, besides Lapris of course)

Finally I hope for companion pokemon to return from HGSS.
Customized Surf icons would be great this gen because of the huge amount of surfing. And yeah, I agree with you about the caves. x3

Someone mentioned Faraway Island, Birth Island and all that jazz, I hope they return too.

I was talking to a friend about Sceptile and Swampert Megas, and well, the lack of coding for them in X and Y may mean that they can't be included? Unless they update them with a patch or something.

And you're a (relative) minority. Far, far more copies of these games will be sold to today's kids than to today's late teens.

This is not to say they will sell no copies to the latter. This is not to say they will sell only a few copies to the latter. It is to say that the copies of these games sold to the former will far, far outnumber the number sold to the latter.

I have a few rebuttles to your argument:
1) I am not a minority, I am 19 turning 20 soon.
2) All of my friends were 8 in 2003 and I know they will be buying the game. I don't know any current 8-year olds who are going to buy this game.

sheld999

well since it says its in a new world maybe its future hoenn..

maybe swampet and secptil will get megas etc

Dad

For the Patriarch!
They could easily alter the Pokemon distribution by expanding the Dex and add more variety of Water Pokemon.

Would they even expand the dex though? FR/LG didn't have any addition before postgame, and HG/SS kept it only to evolutions of Pokemon in the regional dex.

DSDark

Breeder
I don't know what to expect from this "new world" quote from the trailer

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I have a few rebuttles to your argument:
2) All of my friends were 8 in 2003 and I know they will be buying the game. I don't know any current 8-year olds who are going to buy this game.

You are a minority as far as Pokemon is concerned, and unless you have a lot of 8-year-old friends (Which would be a little odd at your age) you obviously wouldn't be able to make an accurate observation here. People your age and older will be greatly outnumbered by children, this has always and will always be the case.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Would they even expand the dex though? FR/LG didn't have any addition before postgame, and HG/SS kept it only to evolutions of Pokemon in the regional dex.

There's always a possibility.

I know HGSS only expanded with cross-gen evolutions and kept the original distribution the same. They could also do the same with Hoenn. But I think it wouldn't hurt to increase the original 200+ Dex count into 250 or something...

BCVM22

Finally I hope for companion pokemon to return from HGSS.

I reallllly hope they let your Pokemon follow you around again. Heart Gold and Soul Silver are still my favorite games in the entire series, and that was one of the many reasons as to why.

Remember that the following Pokémon were a feature as partner to the Walker and that their sprite set served a greater purpose in being used in the Pokéthlon was a significant factor.

Neither of those are the case here, and adding another constantly animating 3D model to every second of the overworld - including particuarly complex ones as Pokémon designs demand - would further strain the 3DS hardware that was already huffing and puffing in a few places in X/Y.

I was talking to a friend about Sceptile and Swampert Megas, and well, the lack of coding for them in X and Y may mean that they can't be included? Unless they update them with a patch or something.

It's a convincing argument on that front, yes. And as for the counter of "well, they could patch X/Y", it raises the question of why include Mega Latios/Latias and their respective Mega Stones if everything else is going to be patched in later. Why not include everything at once, one way or the other?

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
lol

Anecdotal evidence aside, the game will be mostly marketed to 10-year-old kids who will buy something because it has Pokemon in the title. We'll buy it because we have fond memories of the original Hoenn games, and kids will buy it because they saw a commercial for it on Cartoon Network.

BCVM22

I have a cousin who's 8 and plays a crap ton of CoD with his friends.

Which is fine, but are you telling us that your cousin and his friends constitute a complete cross-section of 8-year-olds across the world? Across the country? Across the state? Across the county? Even across your town?

Maru90

POCKET MEN ANYONE?
I'm expecting the game to be aesthetically pleasing while still keeping the tropical vibe Hoenn gave us.
And please bring back contests. It would be nice to see every contest hall to be different from one another.
I wonder what they're going to do about the Pokemon centre and Pokemarts seeing as the newer games put them together.
So many questions and for all we know it's not even Hoenn remakes.

I'd like to see Wally and our gender counterpart to play a bigger role in the game. Battling Wally right before the E4 wasn't enough and I always wondered what happened to May/Brandon. It would also be nice for the professor to give the remaining starter Pokemon (the one that's weak against your chosen Pokemon) to you post-game as a treat.

I'd also like for Wallace to be the gym leader and Steven to be the champion, HOWEVER, upon beating the E4 once, there could be some post-game quest where Wallace wants to leave and Juan replaces him...you battle him and get a call that your title as champion is being revoked because someone defeated the E4 and voila, second round and onward is Wallace while Steven can be battled elsewhere. Best of both worlds and helps answer questions.

If this is in fact a remake, I wonder how they are going to incorporate Rayquaza into the fit.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

I forgot about that. OR/AS may keep the Hoenn Pokedex the same as the originals which wouldn't really bother me to be frank.

Status
Not open for further replies.