• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
they haven't really confirmed if it will be hoenn yet they just said new adventure new world retake on the gen 3 games new story line etc

Are you serious? This is a remake. Of course it'll be Hoenn...

Bardische

Elegance.
they haven't really confirmed if it will be hoenn yet they just said new adventure new world retake on the gen 3 games new story line etc

It's safe to assume we're still in Hoenn, though. Nobody's sure it's a remake in another region, too. They haven't done that in the previous remakes, so why start now? People are trying to find the novelty of the original game that is being remade, but there are still some who want...a new region for some reason.

99% sure they're referring to the fact that Hoenn is in 3D now, and completely new take as compared to the 2D remakes.

Soberheartless

Expecting: New Region. They've gone on and on about a new world and haven't mentioned Hoenn once. Contests. They can be in magnificent 3D. Mega Evolutions (New Pokémon). Latiosite and Latiasite anyone? The rest of starters. And Hoopa and Volcanion anyone (also a man can dream of new species). Different Timeline. I'm expecting this to take place on the same timeline as X and Y; and not for X and Y to be retconned to taking place as the same time as Red/Blue. Oh and of course the Battle Frontier.

Last edited:
The concept of "sample size" is itself a complete antithesis to your argument, unless your cousin's circle of friends includes just about every 8-year-old on the planet.

I don't think you realize what a sample size is. If i took a sample size of every 8-year old on the planet, that wouldn't be a sample size. that would be every 8-year old on the planet. a sample size is a portion of 8-year olds on the planet. My sample of 8-year olds don't play pokemon. Therefore, I can assume that 8-year olds don't play pokemon

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
What I really want:

1. Contests make a comeback
2. Secret bases.... with STREETPASS! OMFG!
3. Battle Frontier makes a comeback
4. 3D underwater
5. Plot taken from Emerald
6. Other legendaries like back at HGSS

But hey, this is generic stuff. Considering I've never thought on what I want on a Hoenn remake before it's actually confirmed!

3D underwater areas would be amazing. I think the plot of OR/AS will stick closely to the plot of R/S though with just parts of Emerald's plot added.

GDK

It's a convincing argument on that front, yes. And as for the counter of "well, they could patch X/Y", it raises the question of why include Mega Latios/Latias and their respective Mega Stones if everything else is going to be patched in later. Why not include everything at once, one way or the other?

They did genies form in BW2 while they only coded placeholder data for kyurem (and only one at that).

trend in your community do not reflect trends in the world, your sample size is biased by not taking a fair distribution and focusing on a local cluster.

it would be hard to take a sample size outside of the local cluster, unless you know where on the internet I can go find 8-year olds ;)

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Please drop the sample size discussion already. It contributes nothing to the thread.

Kelz

More saving. More doing.™
Expecting: New Region. They've gone on and on about a new world and haven't mentioned Hoenn once.

I feel like that's because many kids within the target audience for these games haven't necessarily played R/S/E so there's less of a reason to market these as remakes and a return to Hoenn than as two more installments into the Pokémon franchise. I believe these games will still take place in Hoenn.

Charizard_Millky

Punk Rock > You
It's a convincing argument on that front, yes. And as for the counter of "well, they could patch X/Y", it raises the question of why include Mega Latios/Latias and their respective Mega Stones if everything else is going to be patched in later. Why not include everything at once, one way or the other?

My guess is that they would like to have them as events to hype up the games and keep all the ORAS stuff truely secret. Why patch up the game every time they want to add an event? That'd be a pain. So instead they include all the events they want (3 hidden legends, AZ's Floette and the Latis) to have, then send out an "ORAS Compatibility Patch" when ORAS get released?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I really hope they'll be bringing back the Battle Frontier from Emerald. I was obsessed with that thing!

I actually really enjoyed the Emerald Frontier even though I don't really do the whole competitive thing. However the Frontier has usually been added in the third version so I'm not sure if we'll get it in these remakes or not. Would be nice, though.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
3D underwater areas would be amazing. I think the plot of OR/AS will stick closely to the plot of R/S though with just parts of Emerald's plot added.

Agreed, though I would like it if they made the climax of the TA vs TM plot during your 1st attempt at the league, and having the chaos interrupt it.

NeohopeSTF

Sol Badguy
I actually really enjoyed the Emerald Frontier even though I don't really do the whole competitive thing. However the Frontier has usually been added in the third version so I'm not sure if we'll get it in these remakes or not. Would be nice, though.

I think we will atleast get some elements from emerald as HG/SS did have somethings from Crystal

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
I wonder how your character will save Hoenn in the remake. I'm only familiar with Emerald's story, where you had to summon Rayquaza to stop Groudon and Kyogre from fighting.

Raro

Steven Stone as Ruby champion, Wallace as Sapphire champion? I feel like it's actually pretty likely, even though I know people won't like it.

Wally will have an increased presence throughout the game. I also kind of expect them to change his signature Pokemon to Gallade.

The games will have the plot from Emerald, though they'll have the version exclusive legendary head to the Cave of Origin after the big battle and you have to fight it. There will probably be a mega evolution twist involved.

The regional dex will be at least the size of B2W2's (~300). I think it's sort of expected now.

~20 new Mega Evolutions, with a focus on Hoenn mons. We'll get Mega Unova mons in these games.

I really like the idea of different champions in each game; as long as we're able to play against the other person somehow.
I would have expected Wally's signature pokémon to remain as Gardevoir - but then he'd Mega-Evolve it?
Wouldn't be surprised to see Mega-evolutions of the two legendaries. The cover art looks different as well. I really hope they add some more mega evolutions in!!

Status
Not open for further replies.