• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I think we will atleast get some elements from emerald as HG/SS did have somethings from Crystal

Oh yeah, I'd say we'll get more elements from Emerald than from Ruby/Sapphire. I'm just not convinced that the Frontier would be one of them.

bolter1

Swampert Trainer
I actually really enjoyed the Emerald Frontier even though I don't really do the whole competitive thing. However the Frontier has usually been added in the third version so I'm not sure if we'll get it in these remakes or not. Would be nice, though.
We got it in HG/SS and the Battle Frontier debuted in Hoenn, so I don't see why not.

BCVM22

They did genies form in BW2 while they only coded placeholder data for kyurem (and only one at that).

I can't recall specifically if you can battle between B/W and B/W2 with the Therian formes, but they definitely can't be traded. And as for Kyurem, the point there is still that the code told us there was something more to expect from it, we simply lacked the knowledge at the time to know what.

My point here is that people have gone through the coded recesses of the game as best they can, and they've found things like the Mega Latis (and additional attacks for Zygarde, at that). If there's material to be found in OR/AS of that ilk, why are there no preparations for it coded into X/Y, and if they intend to fix that with a patch, why include some of that information coded into X/Y but not all of it? Why include some but hold back the rest for a patch?

My guess is that they would like to have them as events to hype up the games and keep all the ORAS stuff truely secret. Why patch up the game every time they want to add an event? That'd be a pain. So instead they include all the events they want (3 hidden legends, AZ's Floette and the Latis) to have, then send out an "ORAS Compatibility Patch" when ORAS get released?

But then why include that information at all? Why not hold it all back and introduce everything in a patch at once? It's certainly not as if Mega Latios and Mega Latias have any huge role in X/Y to be played that we know of, and when I say "that we know of", we know of what Diance and Volcanion generate within the game (very little, for the record).

Maybe there is a perfect good reason for that, but at this point in time, the logic simply doesn't hold up.

Last edited:

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I actually really enjoyed the Emerald Frontier even though I don't really do the whole competitive thing. However the Frontier has usually been added in the third version so I'm not sure if we'll get it in these remakes or not. Would be nice, though.

All features from Crystal were added in HGSS. I don't see any reason why features from Emerald wouldn't be part of the remake.

Bardische

Elegance.

Eh, they still included Platinum's Battle Frontier in HeartGold and SoulSilver, so I guess they can still incorporate Emerald's Frontier into normal OR/AS gameplay.

Plus, we get to see Scott's sexy hairstyle once again.

Raro

I don't think they tend to do three versions when it comes to remakes though? Didn't SS/HG have some sort of Battle Frontier as well - so that could be a good sign.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I wonder how your character will save Hoenn in the remake. I'm only familiar with Emerald's story, where you had to summon Rayquaza to stop Groudon and Kyogre from fighting.

I'm assuming that the cover Legendaries will have to be beaten/caught like in the originals, but anything's possible.

Firebrand

Indomitable

That's true, but there was a frontier in HGSS, so there is at least a precedent for a frontier in this game on top of the whole "Emerald had one" premise. It's just that we're getting the remakes before Kalos's hypothetical third game (which is new and different but okay). Could be they have a frontier in ORAS, and that one is implemented into the hypothetical third Kalos game.

As to the "whole new world" point: Look at it this way. The target pokemon demographic is what, six to maybe thirteen years old? RSE is, believe it or not, nearly 12 years old. Even if kids in the demographic had been born when the games debuted, odds are they weren't playing it at 18 months. So yeah, for us older fans, these may be remakes. And maybe a lot of the younger fans know of Hoenn. But the GBA slot has been phased out of DSs for several years now, and RSE are, while not impossible to track down, not all that easy to find either. Certainly, a ten year old wouldn't go looking for them. So for these kids, most of them at least, this is a whole new adventure in a whole new world. Increasingly on this forum, I see people who make posts saying that Hoenn or even Sinnoh were their first games. There's a sizable part of the pokemon fanbase, the target demographic really, that has likely never been to Hoenn.

Also, for us older fans, we'll see Hoenn rendered in 3D, so odds are it will look like a whole new world to us.

Raro

Wow, this thread is moving fast. it's probably been mentioned before in the past 20 pages, but I also really hope they bring back the medal system from B/W(2?).

Going through the Elite 4 with single type team, etc. was a lot of fun. While you can do it anyway, it added a lot of post game content and it's nice to have it officially acknowledged / a record of it.

NeohopeSTF

Sol Badguy
I wonder if that tower from emerald will be back, its the on that is above mauville I think. IDK what its called but its not battle frontier

To be honest, I preferred Emerald's plot, but that's just my opinion. x3 I'd be happy with Ruby/Sapphire's story, if they give it a little bit more depth to it. It was rather odd.

Raro

i wonder if this will also see a return of the pokemon contests perhaps a return of beauty to evolve feebas, as inconvenient as it was it was still better than an item trade.

Ooh, I hope so! Completely forgot about contests. Have they appeared since R/S/E?

It may be a problem with the remakes being in the same generation as X/Y, as it would be easy to evolve Feebas in another game and trade it over.

Geekachu

The idea of a 'new story/new world' intrigued me at first, and while it's easy to entertain the idea that we'll get something that's completely switched up, it's important to note that GF will want to keep elements of the old RSE true to appease the old, nostalgic gamers. My initial thoughts are that this game could potentially take place in the future after RSE. Even if it's as superficial as a few years, that's my stab in the dark. The lack of any sort of screenshot from the initial announcement is very intriguing.

Otherwise:
• 3D models for Pokémon in Gen VI open up a lot of doors with regards to their mobility as on-screen avatars. I hope this can be incorporated into contests in order to make it a lot more of a idiosyncratic/creative interface.
• 3D diving sounds absolutely sublime
• Develop the post-game. RSE's post-game wasn't the strongest, and I don't particularly wish to have another XY-level post-E4 halt. That does remind me that Emerald's Battle Frontier would be a welcome return

Bardische

Elegance.
i wonder if this will also see a return of the pokemon contests perhaps a return of beauty to evolve feebas, as inconvenient as it was it was still better than an item trade.

Pokemon Contests will definitely return. PCs were one of the features of the originals, so I doubt they'd remove them.

I'd be happy if they make use of Contest stats again, but I really hope they don't remove the alternate method to evolve Feebas. I personally disagree with you about the maximization of its Beauty being easier than trading it with the Prism Scale, but hey, each to their own.

On another note, if they bring back the randomization of finding Feebas in that ~one route~ I'm just not gonna bother and trade over a Feebas lol.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member

Contests SHOULD return. It was originally introduced in this region after all. And by contests, it should be the original format -- the one with Appeals. I find it more fun than Dancing.

As for Feebas, I think both the Max Beauty method and Prism Scale method would still be utilized. I don't see why not.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I wonder if that tower from emerald will be back, its the on that is above mauville I think. IDK what its called but its not battle frontier

Trainer Hill? I sort of doubt that they'd bring the exact thing back, seeing as that was motivated by FR/LG's Trainer Tower. I wouldn't be surprised if they put something there, though. Of course, there was nothing there in Ruby/Sapphire, so it's possible that we see nothing there.

NeohopeSTF

Sol Badguy
The idea of a 'new story/new world' intrigued me at first, and while it's easy to entertain the idea that we'll get something that's completely switched up, it's important to note that GF will want to keep elements of the old RSE true to appease the old, nostalgic gamers. My initial thoughts are that this game could potentially take place in the future after RSE. Even if it's as superficial as a few years, that's my stab in the dark. The lack of any sort of screenshot from the initial announcement is very intriguing.

Otherwise:
• 3D models for Pokémon in Gen VI open up a lot of doors with regards to their mobility as on-screen avatars. I hope this can be incorporated into contests in order to make it a lot more of a idiosyncratic/creative interface.
• 3D diving sounds absolutely sublime
• Develop the post-game. RSE's post-game wasn't the strongest, and I don't particularly wish to have another XY-level post-E4 halt. That does remind me that Emerald's Battle Frontier would be a welcome return

3D Braile :p

I do think its weird there is no screenshots have they done that with a Pokemon game before? Just given the name and thats all

Status
Not open for further replies.