• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Ooh, I hope so! Completely forgot about contests. Have they appeared since R/S/E?

It may be a problem with the remakes being in the same generation as X/Y, as it would be easy to evolve Feebas in another game and trade it over.

They haven't appeared in their original (and what I feel is the best) format since R/S/E.

Contests SHOULD return. It was originally introduced in this region after all. And by contests, it should be the original format -- the one with Appeals. I find it more fun than Dancing.

As for Feebas, I think both the Max Beauty method and Prism Scale method would still be utilized. I don't see why not.

Are there any other Pokemon that evolve to the same Pokemon by two different methods?

BCVM22

I do think its weird there is no screenshots have they done that with a Pokemon game before? Just given the name and thats all

For the reveal announcement? Regularly. Both pairs of Generation V titles were announced with little more than a name and box art.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Trainer Hill? I sort of doubt that they'd bring the exact thing back, seeing as that was motivated by FR/LG's Trainer Tower. I wouldn't be surprised if they put something there, though. Of course, there was nothing there in Ruby/Sapphire, so it's possible that we see nothing there.

I think all features that were in Emerald will be present -- Trainer Hill, Contests held in a single place (Lilycove), Scott and the Battle Frontier, Battle Tents, Desert Underpass, etc...

All features from Crystal was incorporated into HGSS because Crystal will never be remade. So the same can be said with these remakes.

Are there any other Pokemon that evolve to the same Pokemon by two different methods?

None that I can think of.

Firebrand

Indomitable
3D Braile :p

I do think its weird there is no screenshots have they done that with a Pokemon game before? Just given the name and thats all

Pretty sure they all do this early on. They name drop and let the hype reach a boiling point before dropping another little tidbit, rinse and repeat.

GDK

I hope the puzzle for the Regi changes.
Still braille, but this time you have to do another stuff so you have to translate it again.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
Contests SHOULD return. It was originally introduced in this region after all. And by contests, it should be the original format -- the one with Appeals. I find it more fun than Dancing.

The appeal music that played when you pulled the wrong category move... the YOU FAIL! one... I'm all in to hear it again! Best laugh ever.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I hope the puzzle for the Regi changes.
Still braille, but this time you have to do another stuff so you have to translate it again.

It was hard enough to translate it the first time, at least for me since I had only basic understanding of braille. I hope the braille thing remains in place though.

Dad

For the Patriarch!
It was hard enough to translate it the first time, at least for me since I had only basic understanding of braille. I hope the braille thing remains in place though.

Maybe they could switch it up and use sign language this time.

PMG

Pokemon Master Gaz
Few things I am hoping to return...

Contests - would be awesome to be able to see my pokemon perform in 3D! I would also like them to take on the original set up for contests from the original RS games rather than emerald - I preferred them being in random towns it was more anime-ish having to travel around to compete.

Battle Frontier - XY's post game was rather Blah... (the main story was very well done though IMO)

Move Tutors!!! - BP system though rather than the stupid hard to find and collect shard one from Gen 5

Secret Bases!

HM Dive - we have had sky battles perhaps this could introduce ocean battles

Double Battles - I know they have been in all games but I really would like more of a focus on them seeing as this was the Gen that introduced them :)

Things I am hoping carry over from XY

Pokémon Amie
Trainer Customisation
Horde Battles
Mega Evolutions - hoping for at least 5 - 10 more including remaining 2 starters and Lati-twins

It feels good to be excited for something again!!! :D

Last edited:

Symphony

Seasons, they turn..
Bring back the hidden bases and bikes please Pokemon! I also want to see some more Megas, more clothes, Battle Fronteir and Contests! :)

Coller23

Aggron Extraordinair
My only hope is that if Team Aqua and Magma are in is that they actually make them a viable threat. I mean seriously all they ever used in R/S/E was the zubat, poochyana , and carvanha /numel line making them IMO the easiest team in all of Pokemon.

Also boost the elite 4 they were pretty easy as well. Glacia only uses the snorunt and spheal lines and Phoebe only uses 3 lines as well.

Last edited:

GDK

There was a Braille transcript in the manual of the game.
The only thing is that there is no game manual anymore (only digital one) so that would be harder.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
The only thing is that there is no game manual anymore (only digital one) so that would be harder.

It's better than nothing right? But I suggest printing it on a sheet of paper so we don't need to switch between the Home Menu and the game every time.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I think all features that were in Emerald will be present -- Trainer Hill, Contests held in a single place (Lilycove), Scott and the Battle Frontier, Battle Tents, Desert Underpass, etc...

All features from Crystal was incorporated into HGSS because Crystal will never be remade. So the same can be said with these remakes.

Well I mean, Trainer Hill sort of felt slightly lacking in the way it was handled. Like, I totally expect there to be something there, but Trainer Hill lacked any real motivation to play in unless you like the puzzles in there. I guess they can always expand on it or add better rewards for beating it, but I won't be surprised if it doesn't show up again, nor will I really mind. I'm more interested in the Trick House, though.

Charizard_Millky

Punk Rock > You
But then why include that information at all? Why not hold it all back and introduce everything in a patch at once? It's certainly not as if Mega Latios and Mega Latias have any huge role in X/Y to be played that we know of, and when I say "that we know of", we know of what Diance and Volcanion generate within the game (very little, for the record).

Maybe there is a perfect good reason for that, but at this point in time, the logic simply doesn't hold up.

So they don't have to keep releasing patch after patch when they release something new. Have it all there at the start so they can do their normal events. I'm assuming it was there to save time and effort. No one really enjoys doing update after update. A big compatibility patch would be enough.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Of course, this game is being released in 2014, when even the dullest of players knows how to Google.

Raro

Was sorting through my room and old game boxes about a month ago and found the braille transcript from my Sapphire version. Decided to keep it and looks as though it will come in handy!

master54100

As for Feebas, I think both the Max Beauty method and Prism Scale method would still be utilized. I don't see why not.
yeah, removing prism scale would be pointless with x and y available anyway, but as long as beauty is an option im fine with it, my main issue with item trades mainly comes out of the impending shut down of wifi for the original ds, it seems inevitable that at some point the 3ds will do the same and then all the trade to evolves are going to become a nightmare, even knowing people i can trade with in real life it can be difficult to organise sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.