• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

XY Rules

Pokemon Master
Hoenn's the only region I've never been to in the games so I'm happy with anything.

But I would like to see contests only held in different cities and towns like the gyms are. And maybe have the choice to be a trainer or coordinator or both!

Also the battle frontier would be cool.

Maybe a Mega Rayquaza or Mega Deoxys as well as some other Hoenn's Mega's.

master54100

Secret bases please, with streetpass connectivity. THAT... would be great.
yes! this. i was kind of hoping this would be in x and y it occurred to me when i was thinking about what street pass could do in x and y that this would be amazing, now that there's a 3ds r/s remake it seems like not just something to hope for but something that may even be likely.

R_N

It's probably just because there's not as much to show as with X/Y. The graphics are going to be the same, it'll be the same engine. And these are remakes so the content is pretty well known. With X/Y there was a ton of new stuff since it was a new generation on a new handheld.
Also XY was a huge deal because it was a bunch of firsts; it had an entire direct devoted to its unveiling for a reason!

incidentally, BW2's unveiling didn't show a single screen, just the artwork for the Kyurems. And that was 90% reused resources!

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
We should get a trumpet pokemon

I'm excited to see if we'll get more puzzles from the Trick House and hopefully remade puzzles like the gym puzzles for Platinum.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Actually, on the topic of puzzles, I'm wondering how the gym puzzles will be redone. HG/SS got gym puzzles reworked or redesigned, so I'm wondering what will happen with the Hoenn gyms.

I also wonder what will happen with the use of HM's in Hoenn. Obviously, Surf and probably Dive are going to be necessary to progress, but, seeing as every game since BW has been cutting down on the amount of HM's we need to use to progress through the game, I wonder if that will be worked around in some places. For one, the requirement of Rock Smash to progress after beating Wattson is definitely going to get worked around, especially now that it's a TM. I'd imagine Victory Road would get quite the overhaul too, given its previous reliance on HM's.

We probably wont require Cut to get through the story. It'll likely just be Fly, Strength, Surf and Dive that are required.

Bardische

Elegance.
Haha, as amazing as that sounds I'd prefer it if it affected gameplay. (the adapter allowed wireless trades / battling. Pokewalker allowed levelling / capturing pokemon?)

Maybe it will sense the trumpet sound through the microphone and increase happiness?

Hahaha, I was just messing around. But I'd laugh if they really did include something similar to a trumpet. Just a little nod to the internet and its rabid denizens.

Yeah, I wish they'd include something, but seeing as how practically everything that coincided with the PokeWalker and other gadgets have been digitized and turned into secondary sources of data (Pokemon Global Link), and the fact that wireless capabilities have become top-tier in X and Y, I can't really see anything as of the moment.

master54100

Hoenn's the only region I've never been to in the games so I'm happy with anything.

But I would like to see contests only held in different cities and towns like the gyms are. And maybe have the choice to be a trainer or coordinator or both!

Also the battle frontier would be cool.

Maybe a Mega Rayquaza or Mega Deoxys as well as some other Hoenn's Mega's.

i could see mega rayquaza happening, but deoxys already has several forms and i can see that dropping i out of the running for potential mega-evolution candidates, unless it's mega evolution is a hybrid from that's strong in all stats across the board, i'd say it sounds op but then that seems like what mega-evolution are supposed to be anyway so why not.

QuickLava

Fire Starter
Yeah... Just gonna leave this here. Jirachi2.jpg

It's from the Jirachi movie. Lookin pretty darn similar to what we've got here.

Symphony

Seasons, they turn..
It's probably just because there's not as much to show as with X/Y. The graphics are going to be the same, it'll be the same engine. And these are remakes so the content is pretty well known. With X/Y there was a ton of new stuff since it was a new generation on a new handheld.

Ah I see now. Well, that is true. We shall get gameplay soon enough. Makes me wonder how many games will be used with the engine and be compatible with Pokemon Bank.

BCVM22

Please please please bring back pokemon following you!

Following Pokémon were featured as partner to the Walker and their sprite set served a greater purpose in being used in the Pokéthlon was a significant factor.

Neither of those are the case here, and adding another constantly animating 3D model to every second of the overworld - including particuarly complex ones as Pokémon designs demand - would further strain the 3DS hardware that was already huffing and puffing in a few places in X/Y.

It was a fun addition to HG/SS that coincided with greater purposes and not something we should expect to see return.

Bardische

Elegance.

Ugh, and them in their 3D models? I can't. I won't be alive by then.

Yeah... Just gonna leave this here. View attachment 12483

It's from the Jirachi movie. Lookin pretty darn similar to what we've got here.

Pretty coincidental, but I doubt they really took inspiration from this particular instance of a Groudon. It's a nice find, though.

Symphony

Seasons, they turn..

As much as this would be a dream come true, it might be hard to animate over 700 3D Pokemon sprites to be following you. It might overwhelm the system. Or, it could take away from something else in the game.

Charizard_Millky

Punk Rock > You
Which still doesn't answer the question. If there's more stuff coming - more Mega Evolutions, more Pokémon, more whatever one chooses to believe is still in the pipeline - then why not simply hide all of that in X/Y to begin with? Particularly when there is hidden material of that nature that we have found.

You keep saying this is "so they don't have to keep releasing patch after patch when they release something new." But then why not include it all and not have to patch in the first place?

Again, the logic simply doesn't hold up.

Because by the time X/Y were released they hadn't finished with everything they wanted for ORAS? I doubt by October last year everything was set in stone and all ready for ORAS. I don't know when they decided to make ORAS but if it was late into XY's development they wouldn't have been able to include all the new things they want for ORAS into XY. But due to them knowing they wanted to make a Hoenn remake they included the Latis and Mega Blaziken. It'd also make sense as to why some of the bigger gen 3 Mons (Milotic, Salamence) didn't get Megas.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Actually, on the topic of puzzles, I'm wondering how the gym puzzles will be redone. HG/SS got gym puzzles reworked or redesigned, so I'm wondering what will happen with the Hoenn gyms.

I also wonder what will happen with the use of HM's in Hoenn. Obviously, Surf and probably Dive are going to be necessary to progress, but, seeing as every game since BW has been cutting down on the amount of HM's we need to use to progress through the game, I wonder if that will be worked around in some places. For one, the requirement of Rock Smash to progress after beating Wattson is definitely going to get worked around, especially now that it's a TM. I'd imagine Victory Road would get quite the overhaul too, given its previous reliance on HM's.

Hoenn gym puzzles will be redesigned for sure, to fully utilize the 3D feature.

As for the HM/TMs, obviously Dive will be made into an HM again. Then it will follow the same TM lineup from XY. It's always like that every generation.
We know that Rock Smash and Flash were HMs in RSE, but will most likely stay as a TM as is it.

I don't really see a problem for this... just change the blockage into something else.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
We probably wont require Cut to get through the story. It'll likely just be Fly, Strength, Surf and Dive that are required.

I don't think Cut was required in Hoenn to begin with. Waterfall will probably be necessary unless they redo the entrance to Ever Grande City, though. But I doubt they'd do something drastic like that.

I don't really see a problem for this... just change the blockage into something else.

I just don't want to see lame excuses for blockades like the ones we got in B2/W2. Not that the reasons were ever exactly good in other games.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
It is mainly for convenience, as far as I remember.
That reminds me, are they going to bring back diving?

Surely they would. Diving is a key feature of RSE. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't return.

Status
Not open for further replies.