• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
That reminds me, are they going to bring back diving?

I hope so. That was one of my favorite things to do in R/S/E, especially because the underwater BGM was awesome in my opinion.

BCVM22

I doubt by October last year everything was set in stone and all ready for ORAS. I don't know when they decided to make ORAS but if it was late into XY's development they wouldn't have been able to include all the new things they want for ORAS into XY

If these games are coming out six months from now, then almost certainly every part of them - much less something as fundamental as changes to the Pokémon themselves - was well set in stone last October. Game development is a multityear process and by one year before release (remember that the end of the development cycle comes a few months before the release to allow for production, at that) most of the game is pretty well decided.

But due to them knowing they wanted to make a Hoenn remake they included the Latis and Mega Blaziken.

Again, something as basic as which Pokémon will be getting Mega Evolutions - much less which Pokémon will be getting Mega Evolutions, but not in X/Y, if there is such a subset - was absolutely decided well before last October. Game development in and of itself demands that it would be.

It'd also make sense as to why some of the bigger gen 3 Mons (Milotic, Salamence) didn't get Megas.

They didn't because not every popular critter gets one is also a perfectly sensible reason. There are notable Pokémon from every generation who didn't get Mega Evolutions, including the psuedo-Legendaries aside from Tyranitar and Garchomp.

Lucian947

Gym Leader
1.One thing I would like to see is the Sky battles coming back ( I quite enjoyed the in X & Y even though I know some people didn't ); they could upgrade them by adding a flying with your pokemon in the sky option like in Pokemon Rangers; you could find wild pokemon in the sky, maybe even pokemon you can't get in other ways as well as other trainer riding in the sky (maybe even Skyla since she is a Flying type gym leader);
of course you can have an opption to skip it if you want and just go straight to your desired destination( again like in Pokemon Rangers), though I know that all of this is just my wishfull thinking;

2.The same thing can be applied to underwater travels; since you already can find grass on the ocean floar where you can get Calamperl and others you should also be able to find trainers that are also using dive ( new class coming to mind the "Diver" class); more underwater paths they should really make use of the HM move Dive and really make us miss it in the next games ofter these;

3. Pacifidlog Town should deffinetly serve a purpose now; either it is included in the main story line or the post game one;

4. Juan or Wallace can be involved in the contests leaving room for Steven to return as champion;

5. There definetely has to be a place for gym leaders & elite fours to gather where you can battle them; preferably among them Kalos ones as well; i don't like the idea of going again to their gyms; they did a much more interesting thing in HGSS where you had to track them down a ask the them for a rematch; just imagine the ideea that the Kalos gym leaders & elite fours (as well as others from other regions have come for other things and you have to invite them) ;

6. Contests should include battle stages , especially now that they have introduced combination moves; also more combination moves( they don't have to be from new moves, old ones work just as well); contests should be spread again across the region (I never really liked the Battle Tents taking their place in Emerald) this way it gives a better sense of accomplishment than just going into one building and playing until you get bored (just imagine what it would be like if all the gyms were in one place); besides this is how they were in the original Ruby & Sapphire and who's to say that both the Contest building and the Battle Tents can't be in the same town/city, why should a city ony have one important building;

7. Even though that there are two games/versions Team Aqua and Team Magma's hideout shouldn't be in the same place in both games; both teams can even appear in the same game but one will win over the other; this is even a good marketing ideea because with two dirrerent story lines more people will want to buy both games;

master54100

Which still doesn't answer the question. If there's more stuff coming - more Mega Evolutions, more Pokémon, more whatever one chooses to believe is still in the pipeline - then why not simply hide all of that in X/Y to begin with? Particularly when there is hidden material of that nature that we have found.

You keep saying this is "so they don't have to keep releasing patch after patch when they release something new." But then why not include it all and not have to patch in the first place?

Again, the logic simply doesn't hold up.

we also know one of the reasons they introduced the global release dates was so that the game would still be a surprise to people outside of japan rather than having people in the west know everything months in advance thanks to sites like serebii, nintendo are no fools they surely expected data miners to uncover anything they put in so perhaps they left some parts of ORAS out to be patched in later for the same reason, i mean of people found mega groudon and kyogre or mega hoenn starters who would have been surprised by this announcement, having just mega latias and latios lead me and i assume most people to simply believe they would be event distributions at some point, maybe im wrong and everyone else saw this coming but alot of people here seem to be somewhat surprised.

Shadow XD001

Ah, finally Hoenn remakes (or sequels? Not sure yet.) have been announced! Mynostalgia can rest easy.

I guess I should update my profile lol

It is mainly for convenience, as far as I remember.

I'd say so because how else do you get into Sootopolis? xP They could be lame and just add a new entrance. .3. But it was all about land and sea, and diving was important in RSE.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Lumiose had the worst, though.

Nah, I'd say the guys "dancing" in front of the entrance to Black City/White Forest was the worst. Like, they knew it was a bad reason and used it anyway. I guess I could see them using Magma/Aqua members as a blockade like they did north of Slateport.

PMG

Pokemon Master Gaz

I think its a safe bet considering it was needed to get to gym 8 IIRC - I was 16 when hoenn came out in the uk.... haven't played it in years so my memory may be fuzzy(still have them all though)

Symphony

Seasons, they turn..
To everyone who answered my question,

Makes sense with all your reasons. And I also liked the diving music! :)
I was lucky to find a Relicanth by diving, too!

NeohopeSTF

Sol Badguy
About contests I really want them back but in X and Y it just combines all the contest ribbons into one ribbon that tells you how many ribbons they have earned probably doesn't mean much but is just a thought

BCVM22

nintendo are no fools they surely expected data miners to uncover anything they put in

While this is likely true to some degree...

so perhaps they left some parts of ORAS out to be patched in later for the same reason, i mean of people found mega groudon and kyogre or mega hoenn starters who would have been surprised by this announcement, having just mega latias and latios lead me and i assume most people to simply believe they would be event distributions at some point, maybe im wrong and everyone else saw this coming but alot of people here seem to be somewhat surprised.

...it still doesn't patch (ha) the hole in the logic. If that's their reason for not programming the rest of the future material into X/Y in the first place, why program some of it in the first place? Why not just include all of it via a future patch?

Bardische

Elegance.
1.One thing I would like to see is the Sky battles coming back ( I quite enjoyed the in X & Y even though I know some people didn't ); they could upgrade them by adding a flying with your pokemon in the sky option like in Pokemon Rangers; you could find wild pokemon in the sky, maybe even pokemon you can't get in other ways as well as other trainer riding in the sky (maybe even Skyla since she is a Flying type gym leader);
of course you can have an opption to skip it if you want and just go straight to your desired destination( again like in Pokemon Rangers), though I know that all of this is just my wishfull thinking;

2.The same thing can be applied to underwater travels; since you already can find grass on the ocean floar where you can get Calamperl and others you should also be able to find trainers that are also using dive ( new class coming to mind the "Diver" class); more underwater paths they should really make use of the HM move Dive and really make us miss it in the next games ofter these;

3. Pacifidlog Town should deffinetly serve a purpose now; either it is included in the main story line or the post game one;

4. Juan or Wallace can be involved in the contests leaving room for Steven to return as champion;

5. There definetely has to be a place for gym leaders & elite fours to gather where you can battle them; preferably among them Kalos ones as well; i don't like the idea of going again to their gyms; they did a much more interesting thing in HGSS where you had to track them down a ask the them for a rematch; just imagine the ideea that the Kalos gym leaders & elite fours (as well as others from other regions have come for other things and you have to invite them) ;

6. Contests should include battle stages , especially now that they have introduced combination moves; also more combination moves( they don't have to be from new moves, old ones work just as well); contests should be spread again across the region (I never really liked the Battle Tents taking their place in Emerald) this way it gives a better sense of accomplishment than just going into one building and playing until you get bored (just imagine what it would be like if all the gyms were in one place); besides this is how they were in the original Ruby & Sapphire and who's to say that both the Contest building and the Battle Tents can't be in the same town/city, why should a city ony have one important building;

7. Even though that there are two games/versions Team Aqua and Team Magma's hideout shouldn't be in the same place in both games; both teams can even appear in the same game but one will win over the other; this is even a good marketing ideea because with two dirrerent story lines more people will want to buy both games;

I'm sure there'd be at least one or two Sky Battles returning in OR/AS, and so will every feature that was present in X and Y. But the wild Flying Pokemon option thing is something that probably won't be seen. It just doesn't seem fair. Underwater still acted like grass, though. I don't know. Who knows what they'll try to add?

They'll definitely utilize Dive. It's one of the very reasons why people wanted remakes in the first place. Hoenn's underwater paths are so expansive, and only see those in 3D will make people scream for more.

Eh, if they go ahead with the Emerald changes, Wallace is the champion and Juan is the Gym Leader. Steven Stone is already assumed to be mostly be a wandering hobo, so I guess that's how he will be.

Half-and-half regarding Gym Leaders. I like rematches, but I think it's better we meet them up in their Gyms. Them gathering in one place is convenient, but it doesn't really scream rematch. They should just keep the way it was in E.

Not too sure about contests, still.

Somebody mentioned that both games will focus on the plots of either team based on what also happened in Emerald. I think that's a fair way to go along with it.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
About contests I really want them back but in X and Y it just combines all the contest ribbons into one ribbon that tells you how many ribbons they have earned probably doesn't mean much but is just a thought

The ribbons don't necessarily need to be viewable in X/Y. It's possible you may get something other than ribbons entirely for winning contests.

Charizard_Millky

Punk Rock > You
While this is likely true to some degree...

...it still doesn't patch (ha) the hole in the logic. If that's their reason for not programming the rest of the future material into X/Y in the first place, why program some of it in the first place? Why not just include all of it via a future patch?
To keep all the ORAS stuff a secret? I doubt despite all our speculation we will ever know why Nintendo half assed putting data in. Assuming the differences in XY and ORAS are compatible.

Anyway, here is my wish-list:
- Simple contests. Best thing about RSE was these
- Better Rivals. Brendan/May blew hard. Wally was OK but never felt Rival enough
- Less surf more Dive. If we dove more I think people would be more forgiving about the water since we have been using Surf from day 1
- Steven as Champion with Mega Metagorss
- Wallace as 8th Gym Leader
- Same battle frontier with a few upgrades but ffs keep the Battle Dome. Love that thing.
- If it is a sequel, make it make sense like GSC did not like BW2

Firebrand

Indomitable
I realize I haven't actually posted any wishlists yet. Here goes:

-Battle Pike

That's it. Everything else can go home.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
So... about this "dramatic" thing. I get the new world emphasis referring to the revamped Hoenn, but why "dramatic"? What are your thoughts on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.