• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Symphony

Seasons, they turn..
So... about this "dramatic" thing. I get the new world emphasis referring to the revamped Hoenn, but why "dramatic"? What are your thoughts on this?

I think, as I saw something say, they might add onto Hoenn and have more 3D scenes. Or maybe, voice acting for the characters!
Sorry, if I speculated there.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
So... about this "dramatic" thing. I get the new world emphasis referring to the revamped Hoenn, but why "dramatic"? What are your thoughts on this?

More marketing speak is all.

PMG

Pokemon Master Gaz

I listened to a youtube video that had a theory this could be a world where Brendan/may never stopped TM/TA so each version would either be land based or water based depending on which version you chose - sort off an alternate reality

water trainer

Knuckle Trainer
people are expecting new gym leaders and whatnot...these are remakes, no sequels, meaning it's all re-made from the original games = no new gym leaders.

I expect the battle frontier to be put in for the post game, maybe they will extend on what happens to team magma/aqua after the main storyline, did they show what happened? I can't remember, all I remember is them separating after Rayquaza steps in...

and yay contests! I loved contests!

As for trainer customization, will the trainers still be Brendan and May? cause we'd get to change their hair/outfits, it wouldn't really be them anymore...I think it would be cool to have 2 completely nameless trainers with no significant look to them that we get to make from scratch.
like the originals, Brendan and May should be rivals as well as Wally.

NeohopeSTF

Sol Badguy
I listened to a youtube video that had a theory this could be a world where Brendan/may never stopped TM/TA so each version would either be land based or water based depending on which version you chose - sort off an alternate reality

I like this idea R/S was pretty much the first game to give version exclusive stories and content more than just legends and random mons

King Shuckle

Don't be daft
While this is likely true to some degree...

...it still doesn't patch (ha) the hole in the logic. If that's their reason for not programming the rest of the future material into X/Y in the first place, why program some of it in the first place? Why not just include all of it via a future patch?

There are still two event Pokemon unaccounted for and their method of obtainability is still in question. What's to say you can't, at some future event, obtain the necessary items to get Mega Latias and Mega Latios?

Let's not forget, Game Freak may have just left it in because Latias/Latios were planned for XY, but were scrapped much like the illusive third Shellos/Gastrodon form in DP. Is it really that queer of an idea to expect an update for XY to include additional Mega Evolutions? They did the same for Mario Kart 7 to fix a major glitch on one of the tracks. (I'm looking at you, Maka Wuhu).

While your points are valid and consistent, and i enjoy reading your posts, I do hope you can find some way to overcome your scruples in this regard.

Dragrath

Dragon Onslaught
I'm expecting Hoenn to get a relatively big overhaul.
The biggest issue, that I'm sure they're aware of, is how half the region is water routes. And the water routes are really boring. Breaking up these long string of basically nothing with things like more islands, more varied design (curves, things like the currents, dive short cuts), or MORE POKEMON (seriously like a third of the dex was water types but you only found tentacools and wingulls by surfing around because????????) would go a long way to making them more interesting.

And I could easily see the cities getting revamped or more places added, possibly with some routes being changed up for one reason or another; they're already remaking the region from scratch, somethings are bound to get completely changed.
The water route were definably the biggest problem but mainly because only two pokemon line could be found surfing... If they add some more pokemon lines to the bodies of water,(perhaps some former surf only/not in Hoenn dex) . It would also be helpful to add more islands to mix it up a bit...
I'm really hoping we will get an expanded availability of pokemon gen 3 was one of the worst in regard to availability of different pokemon, I'm hoping the selection will be more like later games than the older ones.

I'd also like to see move tutors like previous remakes perhaps with tutors teaching demoted gen 3 TMs similar to what they did for the gen 1 and 2 remakes

master54100

While this is likely true to some degree...

...it still doesn't patch (ha) the hole in the logic. If that's their reason for not programming the rest of the future material into X/Y in the first place, why program some of it in the first place? Why not just include all of it via a future patch?

true but we don't know that mega latias and latios won't be attainable without ORAS, it could be an event pokemon, there were a few events that were attainable in hg/ss as well as d/p/plt so perhaps the megastone will for them will be distributed like that, there are many reasons why at the end of the day only nintendo know why or even if this would be the case.

BCVM22

There are still two event Pokemon unaccounted for and their method of obtainability is still in question. What's to say you can't, at some future event, obtain the necessary items to get Mega Latias and Mega Latios?

What is to say that at all? That has nothing to do with what we're saying.

Let's not forget, Game Freak may have just left it in because Latias/Latios were planned for XY, but were scrapped much like the illusive third Shellos/Gastrodon form in DP.

Then they would have neutered the data in some form. They wouldn't have left completely functional Mega Evolutions that can't otherwise be accessed.

Is it really that queer of an idea to expect an update for XY to include additional Mega Evolutions?

By all logic right now, yes, it absolutely is.

They did the same for Mario Kart 7 to fix a major glitch on one of the tracks. (I'm looking at you, Maka Wuhu).

And they did the same for a game-breaking glitch in X/Y. The consistent element in both of those is glitches that needed fixing.

While your points are valid and consistent, and i enjoy reading your posts, I do hope you can find some way to overcome your scruples in this regard.

Thanks for that, but I don't have "scruples" in play here - this isn't a moral issue at all.

Rhonder

First and foremost, real Rival, as others have mentioned I'm sure. Brenden/May started out pretty good, then just kinda fall off the face of the earth (battling-wise.... which is pretty much all I care about in a rival) after the battle on the way to the 3rd gym. And that's a tough battle, I just passed it the other day in my emerald play through. If they kept getting stronger and battled you more they could have been awesome. But no. Instead you get a rival swap in wally, who battles you with just his ralts, then suddenly shows up with a real-rival tier team at the end. Like... ugh, I want more mid-game rival battling! DPP had a good mix of having the "friend" rival and the real rival imo. If they don't want to buff the other gender char up then at least make Wally more relevant 8D He could even use mega gardevoir or something heh heh heh.

Uh... Battle Frontier~ This is almost a given, but I oh so wanted on in both BW2 and XY, and they didn't give one to me :[ The PWT was fun, and really easy to farm BP from, but I was never able to do well in the Frontiers in SS or Emerald because I was little and my teams were bad, but now that I kinda know what i'm doing i really want to challenge the Frontier for realzies.

Outside of those, don't know enough yet to make hopes. Ok, well I guess the last thing is that the trailer's not just pulling our legs and there's a good amount of "new" in them xD

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
The ribbons don't necessarily need to be viewable in X/Y. It's possible you may get something other than ribbons entirely for winning contests.

Not sure if it's been said, it probably has, BUT!
In X/Y theres a ribbon awarded to pokemon who have received Ribbons in other places:
http://www.serebii.net/xy/ribbons.shtml

Contest Memory Ribbon and Battle Memory Ribbon, they can just add so that it applies to OR/AS

Everlasting

Everything stays.

Like LeafeonTheVoid said earlier, I do think there is a link to make with Alpha and Omega being the greek alphabet letters chosen for the titles.
Those letters are complete opposites; Alpha is the first letter while Omega stands last. Beginning and ending. Perhaps must we expect something like Hoenn's (or even the world) life coming to an end if the "brawl" between the two legendaries is not stopped. I'm sure there is something deeper within the titles we have not catch yet. X and Y being a relation to chromosoms and DNA was really clever and I honestly think they still could've let some sort of indication go through the titles here as well.

I'm really glad to se you're active on this topic, Wulava. Seems like you're really happy about the recent news, aren't you ? :)

NeohopeSTF

Sol Badguy

Pilpulp

美的
I'm expecting the Regi's and in turn Regigigas. But they've been over done. *yawn* anyone else sick of them? This might be an unpopular opinion but whatever.

Also, when do you think we'll get the Sinnoh starters again?

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
Ah ok not bad ribbons are what I really liked getting for contests

Those two are the only current Ribbons that some of my pokemon can't get. My Greninja has all but those and would love to get those for him too if they become available through contests in AS/OR

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I'm expecting the Regi's and in turn Regigigas. But they've been over done. *yawn* anyone else sick of them? This might be an unpopular opinion but whatever.

We may not get the Sinnoh starters at all, there's really no reason to add them.

Tiffany

Staff member
Super Mod
I really hope that Brendan and May are still the protagonist/rivals for the remake, even though there's character customization. I love them and their designs, and I really really want a cameo of the old Hoenn gang in the XY anime.

rocky505

I hope they fix Steven's Aggron moveset. That thing only had special attacking moves in RS.

Symphony

Seasons, they turn..

I hope so! Sinnoh is where my adventure started! If they ever made remakes, I would be like a Spinda that had too much sugar xD

Status
Not open for further replies.