• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

jake279

Ice Master
Dive, secret bases (With more furniture, doll and location options), contests, and pokeblocks should all return.

Character custimization (with more options), rollerblades, riding pokemon (with new options), and having pokemon follow you outside their pokeballs like in Heartgold would all be very welcome.

The inclusion of fairy type will be interesting. Mawile will now be useful in these games. Also the inclusion of evolutions of old pokemon that weren't around in the 3rd gen that should appear in these games (Such as Froslass, Gallade, Dusknoir, Roserade) will be cool. Same goes for prevolutions as these may actually be useful now in contests and have a purpose.

Also, a lot of the pokemon in the original Hoenn games currently have megaevolutions (Blaziken, Mannectric, Alakazam, Pinsir, Gyarados, Heracross, Gardevoir, Mawile, Aggron, Medicham, Banette, Absol, Latios, Latias). Maybe this was the reason for Gamefreak choosing these pokemon to receive megaevolutions in the first place. There will probably be changes to the wild pokemon available within the new Hoenn gmaes, adding newer pokemon and possibly removing ones that were in the originals. i think they might make Heracross and Pinsir unavailable so that you have to trade them rather than catch them in the safari zone, and then add 4th, 5th and 6th gen pokemon to the safari zone in their place.

As for brand new megaevolutions, Id obviously like to see Sceptile and Swampert, and we probably will. I'd like megas for cacturne and Serviper personally. Also Plusle and Minum seem likely.

As for the gyms, elite 4 and champion - a lot of them use mega eligable pokemon. Steven will most likely ahve Mega-Aggron and Wally Mega-Gardevoir. I'm prettyy sure some use other non-mega pokemon that have since gained evolutions too, like Magneton, so that's expected.

They will have to include all the new moves that have been added since the original games so that'll add a little something new.

As for legendaries, Latios and Latias megaevolutions may be included in this game and you have to trade them to get them onto X and Y, rather than the other way around.
MegaGroudon, megaKyogre and megaRayquaza seem like they'll be cool. Groudon and Kyogre will probably be version exclusive again. I hope they don't do that thing where they give you the opposite megastone for the legendary available in your game so that you have to trade. I hate when they do things like that.

As for actual gameplay, I'd like to see some changes, new areas and the like. Just so it feels new and not like you're playing the exact same game as ten years ago.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
What were PokeBlocks... .-. I played R/S/E but I think you needed friends with the game or something for that. Anyways, I never did it, except, if I recall right, when they forced you too. Either way whether or not they return doesn't make me happy or sad. I do hope for the same berry planting system as there was in R/S/E and not like in X/Y.

You didn't need friends, but you could make way better PokeBlocks with human players, or with the Berry Master in Emerald. Pokeblock minigame was the greatest.

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
What were PokeBlocks... .-. I played R/S/E but I think you needed friends with the game or something for that. Anyways, I never did it, except, if I recall right, when they forced you too. Either way whether or not they return doesn't make me happy or sad. I do hope for the same berry planting system as there was in R/S/E and not like in X/Y.
They increased beauty, cool, and other factors for contests. Important to help Feebas evolve

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Just remembered PokeBlocks were a thing maybe those use the berries that weren't in X and Y?

The 14 missing berries from XY doesn't really have much purpose aside from being exclusive ingredients for Pokeblocks. So yes, these berries should now be obtainable in ORAS.

That said, all berries can be turned into Pokeblocks. Each has their corresponding flavors, and each raise different attributes.

Tiffany

Staff member
Super Mod

I'm sure they'll replace Pokeblock with Pokepuffs. Maybe they'll have it where you can make your own! That'd be super cool!

Silvershark

HAWLUCHA!!!
Don't think so, they probably are gonna stick to the -ite's.

I'm saying they'll be revealed to be Groudonite, Kyogrite, Rayquazite. The red and blue orb's didn't serve much of a purpose in R/S after catching Groudon/Kyogre, and their in game descriptions said the orbs contained an 'ancient power'.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I'm sure they'll replace Pokeblock with Pokepuffs. Maybe they'll have it where you can make your own! That'd be super cool!

PokePuffs are for Pokemon Amie. Pokeblocks are for Contests.

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
I'm saying they'll be revealed to be Groudonite, Kyogrite, Rayquazite. The red and blue orb's didn't serve much of a purpose in R/S after catching Groudon/Kyogre, and their in game descriptions said the orbs contained an 'ancient power'.

The feathers for Lugia and Ho-Oh didn't serve any purpose either, they can't go make them into Silver Featherite.

Bardische

Elegance.

I've a feeling they're going to keep it traditional in regards to the remakes, and just keep PokeBlocks.

However, all berries in HG/SS were changed, but they were still converted into the updated information for the berries in future generations, so nothing really changed...

Idk, both PokeBlocks and Poffins sound good. :))

Pilpulp

美的
Remembered something:

I remember when they said there would be no 5th Gen Megas, was that for X and Y only or the whole gen? Could we see 5th Megas this game?

If so I expect that.

NeohopeSTF

Sol Badguy
The 14 missing berries from XY doesn't really have much purpose aside from being exclusive ingredients for Pokeblocks. So yes, these berries should now be obtainable in ORAS.

That said, all berries can be turned into Pokeblocks. Each has their corresponding flavors, and each raise different attributes.

mmm Ok never really used Pokeblocks in R/S just knew they were there didn't they also do something in the safari? maybe that will return

Tiffany

Staff member
Super Mod
PokePuffs are for Pokemon Amie. Pokeblocks are for Contests.

I know that :p but I'm sure having both being used would be kind of too much, and that there can be specific puffs for contests (to keep up with XY features and stuff). But hmm, just my two cents. B)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I didn't care much for Secret Bases, but it might be neat if they received a revamp in OR/AS to make them more dynamic in my opinion.

Sephora

yes I'm back
I really want
- Pokemon Contests
- Secret bases
- Battle Frontier
- Dive
back again more than anything. Especially the Battle Frontier.

Hopefully the customization will be greater in these games (in terms of both quantity and quality).

Tiffany

Staff member
Super Mod
I'm drooling at all of the potential and possibilities of this remake. It's going to be absolutely BEAUTIFUL.

King Shuckle

Don't be daft
Then they would have neutered the data in some form. They wouldn't have left completely functional Mega Evolutions that can't otherwise be accessed.

Level with me. Can you really call something "fully functional" if you have to hack/data mine for it?

By all logic right now, yes, it absolutely is.

You seem to be very passionate on said logic, but understand that we are presenting you with reasonable and plausible ways for new Mega Evolutions to work in XY. What are they going to say? "Sorry, your Sceptile doesn't have a Mega Evolution, but if you had picked Torchic, it would've had one."

There is no way GameFreak would restrict ORAS players from using new Mega Evolutions against XY players. That would be a sloppy move on GameFreak's part, unless they just omit Mega Evolutions altogether, then I could see them sweeping Mega Blaziken under the rug. But then there's the issue with with Mega Latios/as.

And they did the same for a game-breaking glitch in X/Y. The consistent element in both of those is glitches that needed fixing.

XY lack the Mega Evolutions found in ORAS. That would seem like a fix to me.

Thanks for that, but I don't have "scruples" in play here - this isn't a moral issue at all.

Scruples don't always relate to one's morality.

Status
Not open for further replies.