• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volcer

Shur'tugal
Pokeblocks and Secret bases making a comeback would be amazing. The Riddle Master or whatever he was called would be cool too.

I hope the Safari Zone remains how it was before, and not something like the Friend Safari.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I agree, as contests really felt left out much back in gen 3 with the rather simple mechanics.
Super contests was a step in the right direction with with the added dress-up and dance sections.

This is actually the first time I've seen someone say they liked Super Contests. Most people I've seen posting in this thread don't want that stuff to return at all.

Though one thing leaves me curious, what will happen to the Mirage island?
With the introduction of berry mutations, Liechi berries aren't rare anymore, so I would like to see a different item, or a special pokemon taking its place to keep it a place worth the effort of getting there.

No reason to remove Mirage Island, they can easily put something else on it. Or even just leave it exactly as it is.

Yeah, me too but apparently this is a "full remake" of the 2002 versions.

FR/LG and HG/SS were full remakes as well, they didn't necessarily receive drastic changes.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
This is actually the first time I've seen someone say they liked Super Contests. Most people I've seen posting in this thread don't want that stuff to return at all.

No reason to remove Mirage Island, they can easily put something else on it. Or even just leave it exactly as it is.

FR/LG and HG/SS were full remakes as well, they didn't necessarily receive drastic changes.

They got enough changes and stuff added to at least warrant the titles of being remakes...unlike a lot of "remakes" that have come out recently that are actually just updated ports.

Volcer

Shur'tugal
I hope Hoenn gets a full 3d revamp, and if people don't like it, they can just turn it off. Hoenn would look amazing in 3d.

Also, to make water routes more interesting, they should introduce some features which include Diving side-missions. Diving is something that can really be utilised in these games because of all the water.

realarcastform

Rotom Trainer
What is a surefire thing for these games is:
They will have over 210 in its regional dex...
As well as either a magnetic route or cave, or not. Which HG/SS did not have.
We may have either Poochyena or Zigzagoon chasing the notoriously cowardly Birch.
The Emerald side-story will be part of both of these games.
I for one, DO NOT want the main characters to change like HG/SS from G/S's. I want to see a full render of May, with few changes, so we can have a cameo of my favorite coordinator in the anime.
I DO want the contests to be more realized, which is quite possible.
Also I'd love the Berry Blender to look more mechanized, retaining a similar design.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I for one, DO NOT want the main characters to change like HG/SS from G/S's. I want to see a full render of May, with few changes, so we can have a cameo of my favorite coordinator in the anime.

Well it was only Krystal that was changed to Lyra, Gold remained the same in his change to Ethan. I don't think either Brendan or May will change.

Volcer

Shur'tugal
Overworld 3D would look superb, especially with so many different places that would look great in 3D. Fortree City, water routes, the CABLE CAR RIDE and Lavaridge among them. Sky Pillar could do with a little revamp too, to make it more interesting.

I think Juan could be a good side-character, but maybe older and sort of a mentor to Wallace or something like that.

POKENAR

Ruby/Sapphire with the features Emerald brought (pretty much confirmed given confirmed remake + how HGSS was handled)
X/Y's battle system and graphics(this is pretty much a given)
fix the frame rate issues X/Y has
Use the full extent of the 3DS' sound power, but keep the feel of Hoenn.
along with the features Emerald brought, I want a fully Wi-fi compatible Battle Frontier, Contest, and Secret Base.
Obviously, add new areas and events, like what FRLGHGSS did.
Preferably have the post game content be extended beyond the battle frontier, B2/W2 tier would make this the best game in the series ever.

Last edited:

Hoenn_reaper93

Legend master
I feel like I'm one of the few people who actually liked the sea routes. I expect that they'll all be kept intact in OR/AS and I'd have no problem with that. I'd just stock up on Max Repels.

The sea routes were awesome I just hope that some of the raining areas have much better quality rain and lightning storm effects and sounds. And mega latis pic were spread everywhere maybe these games is we're they'll be revealed.

POKENAR

The sea routes were awesome I just hope that some of the raining areas have much better quality rain and lightning storm effects and sounds. And mega latis pic were spread everywhere maybe these games is we're they'll be revealed.

I think the sea routes were only a problem for the people dumb enough to not stock up on repels.

Volcer

Shur'tugal
Character customisation would be a nice addition to the games. Contests could use this too.

And yeah, the areas where it's raining should have some good sound effects. Also, maybe if lightning strikes the water or something an Electric/Water type could come up in that spot? (Lanturn)

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I dunno if this has been pointed out before... I am too lazy to read all of these posts but...

I just noticed that the Omega and Alpha symbols are actually the markings on Groudon and Kyogre's arms respectively.
Team Magma and Team Aqua's emblems also follows the shape of the said Greek alphabets...

Now it makes sense.

Hoenn_reaper93

Legend master
Ruby/Sapphire with the features Emerald brought (pretty much confirmed given confirmed remake + how HGSS was handled)
X/Y's battle system and graphics(this is pretty much a given)
fix the frame rate issues X/Y has
Use the full extent of the 3DS' sound power, but keep the feel of Hoenn.
along with the features Emerald brought, I want a fully Wi-fi compatible Battle Frontier, Contest, and Secret Base.
Obviously, add new areas and events, like what FRLGHGSS did.
Preferably have the post game content be extended beyond the battle frontier, B2/W2 tier would make this the best game in the series ever.

The secret base must return it was a cool feature. Plus like in emerald how they cutscenes of the two fighting then rayquaza showing up, seeing that in 3d would b awesome. Hopefully when awaking the legends it'll show a cut scene of it instead of just the orbs changing the screens color.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Though one thing leaves me curious, what will happen to the Mirage island?
With the introduction of berry mutations, Liechi berries aren't rare anymore, so I would like to see a different item, or a special pokemon taking its place to keep it a place worth the effort of getting there.
Actually, that is a good question. In fact, the Gen VI Berry Fields pretty much made all the berry fields all over the region obsolete, unless they are the only way to obtain the Pokéblock berries or something, which were intentionally gimped out of the X/Y for these two games.

It will be interesting to see how they'll handle it.

Hoenn_reaper93

Legend master
I strongly believe sceptile and swampert are getting megas. Like think about it if not then everyone would just pick torchic to get mega blaziken. So I'm sure they will balance that out with the other two so that what starter you pick will get a mega. Or a new blaziken added since it already has a mega and these are new games. We got charizard x and y, mewtwo x and y, now we might have blaziken OR and blaziken AS. Plus the debut of the mega latios/as. Oh snap since there's no rayquaza games maybe even mega rayquaza or and mega rayquaza as :D

Last edited:

Hoenn_reaper93

Legend master
I dunno if this has been pointed out before... I am too lazy to read all of these posts but...

I just noticed that the Omega and Alpha symbols are actually the markings on Groudon and Kyogre's arms respectively.
Team Magma and Team Aqua's emblems also follows the shape of the said Greek alphabets...

Now it makes sense.

The orbs might have new features to them to make groudon and kyogre change form

Status
Not open for further replies.