• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
That didn't stop Tyranitar or Aggron, tho. Spikes for days.

What if events for Volcanion or Hoopa show up for some reason in Ruby and Sapphire? Volcanion in Mt. Chimney, for some reason. Idk. Hoopa would be this extraterrestrial find from the Mossdeep Space Station, just a nod to the rocket rumors for Jirachi.
I really hope they go back to the tradition of giving away event items so we can catch the pokémons themselves in the games.
I found the tradition og gen V and VI of just plainly handing out the event pokemon lackluster.
Volcanion and Hoopa in Hoenn? I don't think so. As the pictures of Volcanion and Hoopa showed that they were found in Kalos.
They were hacks...
The only reason they showed up in Kalos is because they exist in XY's coding.
I am expecting to catch Zapdos in New Mauvile.
Please no, we just got the legendary birds in Kalos. If they were to introduce another non-gen III trio I am hoping for the legendary beasts.

Grey Wind

Just in case anyone wants to see the Orbs (Like someone previously realized)

Making me believe that they are in fact Mega Stones or Items to inhibit a Forme Change

Pok_mon_Alpha_Sapphire_JP_logo.png

I definitely think this is the case. Mega Stones wouldn't make any sense because then the games wouldn't be compatible with XY (and a patch is unlikely, because then there wouldn't be any point in having the Latis in the code), but forms make a lot more sense. I think they'll end up being similar to origin Giratina, with reworked stats and maybe a boost to Water/Ground moves or something.

I wonder if they'll do anything with Rayquaza? Can't really see them leaving him out.

But they are Pokemon of Kalos. cannot appear in Hoenn.

There's no reason they can't appear in Hoenn. I doubt they will though, I think they'll just be available to download. They haven't had an event where you actually capture the Pokemon since like D/P.

Last edited:

Bardische

Elegance.
You know, they've already managed to find ways to fix bugs through patch updates, who's to say they can't tinker with how OR/AS works and include events like that once again? It's a long shot, but they could probably find ways to incorporate that.

Speaking of events, I hope we get an abundance of Jirachi and Deoxys events, finally.

Ajduk

This has been bugging me.
I want new mega evolutions, BUT, if we get them in this game then that means that we can
send them to our X and Y(trade, not bank). That SHOULD mean that there should be data
about them somewhere in X and Y games? However, no info about new mega evolutions
was datamined except Latios and Latias which will 99% confirmed be in these games.
So, going by that logic, there won't be any new mega evolutions.
Right?

RoySceptile

Bakaner
I want new mega evolutions, BUT, if we get them in this game then that means that we can
send them to our X and Y(trade, not bank). That SHOULD mean that there should be data
about them somewhere in X and Y games? However, no info about new mega evolutions
was datamined except Latios and Latias which will 99% confirmed be in these games.
Right?

They'll patch them into X/Y.

Right?

They can just release a new patch and that there won't be any problems with compatibility,

StrongBad456

Beginning Trainer
Right?

You're technically right because with these and X/Y being 3DS games, Nintendo should be able to patch X/Y and put new Mega Evolutions into them that they introduce in OR/AS.

johno1995

I'd love to see them expand on the Contests, make them a side-quest of sorts. Different towns with different contests - actual incentives on winning them, maybe Contest tourneys or something?

As for Hoenn pokemon that should get Mega Evos? Imo:

- Sceptile (Grass/Dragon)
- Swampert
- Dustox
- Beautifly
- Exploud (Normal/Electric or Normal/Steel)
- Plusle
- Minun
- Flygon
- Zangoose
- Seviper
- Chimecho (Psychic/Ghost)
- Metagross
- Groudon
- Kyogre
- Rayquaza

Arsène

They could release a patch, but I highly doubt it will do anything other than allowing X/Y players to battle with people using any new forms/mega evolutions that previously did not exist.

Trading those stones or whatever is probably well out of the question.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
Right?

By that logic yes, but as it has been said, a patch is possible. Also, it is confirmed that there will be things in ORAS that is not in XY's coding, namely these "new" Groudon and Kyogre. So odds are we will still see some new stuff. Lastly, as far as I know, XY hasn't been completely decoded yet, so, who knows they may be in there somewhere.

Grey Wind

Why would they patch them, though? They already included the event legends and the Lati megas, so why arbitrarily leave out Groudon and Kyogre?

Well, they only skipped one gen, I'd say it's plausible.

Eh. I guess it's possible, but I don't really see it as likely. If Volcanion/Hoopa were going to be capture-able in Hoenn I think they'd do an event close to release. We're already getting Diancie and probably the mega latis, so I doubt one of those two will be lumped in.

Last edited:

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I wonder if they'll do anything with Rayquaza? Can't really see them leaving him out.

I'm sure Rayquaza won't be left out. HG/SS even introduced the Jade Orb for him, so there's definitely something there they could use. Then it wouldn't just be some random item HG/SS added for no reason other than to trigger an event.

Why would they patch them, though? They already included the event legends and the Lati megas, so why arbitrarily leave out Groudon and Kyogre?

Too much spoiling.
Kyurem-B and Kyurem-W weren't in BW's coding, however there where some placeholder info so everyone knew something new would likely come along.
The Therian formes weren't present at all in the coding either.

I haven't heard anything about placeholder data in XY so I have no idea about that.

PKMN KING

Ozymandias
Event wise I think this:

- Hoopa/Volcanion will be Wi-Fi events for both XY and ORAS, they both will trigger events in the games.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Not sure if this was brought up, but I remember that there's a good number of small islands in the region that are never visited--only, like, I think two that were visited through events (but then again, Faraway Island isn't anywhere near Hoenn, so it was probably just Southern Island). It always bugged me that there were these islands we couldn't get to in the original game, so I'm half-expecting to travel to those islands this time around if they don't change the map.

Last edited:

Lucian947

Gym Leader
-they deffinetly have to expand the pokedex if they want to fix the team problem on the Elite Four;

-Sidney was the only one who didn't have two of the same pokemon or from the same evolutionary line;

-there just aren't enough ice types or ghost types , or dragon types for that matter in the Hoenn Dex alone to make full teams, or at least ones of five pokemon;
Pheobe was the only one who had a different ghost pokemon in the Hoenn Dex that she didn't use,Shedinja, though I think they chose not to include it in her team because of Wonder Guard, but by now we know how to deal with it; even including Shedinja in her team and it still isn't enough with just Hoenn native pokemon;

-and if we are to go by the most recent remakes HGSS the it doesn't look too good since to the best of my knowledge they only used Johto and Kanto pokemon in the main story line and only in post game you could get the Sinnoh ones, this including new evolutions to Johto native pokemon like Gligar, Sneasel, Misdreavus, Murkrow, Togepi and so on (because only in post game you could get their evolution items); so this would mean that there won't be a Gallade, Froslass, Roserade in the main story line;

this is just something I wanted to point out;

Status
Not open for further replies.