• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
I really want challenge mode. I hate breezing the story in like 15 hours, and then nothing to do post game. Maybe 1/2 exp, no lucky egg/exp share, and all NPC's have higher levelled Pokemon? I would like that a lot actually!

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I hope that Steven is champion in these games, as Wallace is fine as a GL, but really doesn't cut it as a champion for me, especially with Juan being a water as well. Also, I hope that Super Training will return, as it a very handy way to EV train (and is a lot less boring than the standard approach), but I think that it could be expanded upon to become more like the Pokeathlon from HGSS. Perhaps the thing i want most however, is for these games to have 3D animated sprites for all trainers, such a simple yet highly effective touch.
Honestly, one thing I can see them doing is making Steven the Champion for Omega Ruby and Wallace the Champion in Alpha Sapphire to give more version exclusives & appease people who wanted one or the other to be the Hoenn champion

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
Well I'm even more excited now, just went and pre-ordered both games.
Say what. They're available for pre-order already? I gotta pre-order mine, like, today.
I remember getting the coins back when R/S came out, wish they would of done that when you pre-ordered these games to.
Yeah, I still have my Sapphire coin. And while its highly unlikely that something like that will happen this time, I wouldn't say that its impossible.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
It'll probably be preset, although I wouldn't mind if things were changed so that we could pick the order in which we battle the Elite Four. I also hope Steven is the Champion.

I can see the elite four still being preset, but I would be fine with it being any order.
And yes, it appears that the general consensus that Steven is the preferred champion.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
watch Juan be the Sootopolis GL, Steven be the Champion, and promote Wallace to bonus boss

tbh it makes more sense to me, though they may have to relocate Wallace from Meteor Falls (new area?)

I want gym leader rematches, and somewhere with more consistently strong trainers to battle post-game. Battle Chateau is ok, but it annoys me with the weaker trainers. Something akin to challenge mode would be greatly appreciated.

Also wouldn't be surprised to see a couple of alpha/omega mega evolutions akin to Charizard and Mewtwo - heck, I could even see them amping up Mewtwo's mega evolutions to include MegaMewtwo Alpha (Psychic/Water) and MegaMewtwo Omega (Psychic/Ground), albeit I'm not sure how I'd respond to that!

I really hope that these new forms/mega evolutions of Groudon and Kyogre gain good secondary typing, maybe also a signature move each. Maybe Water/Psychic and Ground/Dark? Would be more even.

Certainly with the ability to update X and Y, I don't see any problems with adding new mega evolutions - and I definitely want to see a few more for the starters!
I agree with you there. The battle chateau has some very strong trainers for easy experience, but the guys with the Dwebbles annoy me, I could see ORAS rectifying this. Is anyone else looking forward to a potential "Sky Battle" with Winona? (Gimmicky as heck but its a possibility)

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
I agree with you there. The battle chateau has some very strong trainers for easy experience, but the guys with the Dwebbles annoy me, I could see ORAS rectifying this. Is anyone else looking forward to a potential "Sky Battle" with Winona? (Gimmicky as heck but its a possibility)

A sky battle for a gym battle? Sounds fun, but doubtful. A rematch option perhaps?

they should keep Juan, make Steven Champion and make Wallace Contest Master

I actually expect that they may do what they did with Iris and Drayden in BW, have Wallace as the last leader in one version the Juan in the other as opposed to leaving one unbattleable until postgame.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Vanillite would require a seriously overglorified Mega Forme for Vanilluxe if it's going to be distributed via event. It has a unique popularity, but why an event for Vanilite?

Not an event. An in game gift. For instance, you go to the shop on Rt. 109 that sells Soda Pop and an NPC gives you one for free.

-For that, I would say Cubchoo and Seel make sense, but LApras seems a bit of a streetch, and, somewhat odd, considering it is heavily water-based, and it appearing in a location which is only accessible when there is no water is... Strange.

Okay, first of all, Shoal Cave does have water on the first floor. But I don't think it should be found there, I think Rt. 125 would be a better place for it.

-Um, Litwick can be found in the Lost Hotel. But I wouldn't be against putting Frillish in the Abandoned Ship's underwater area, and something like Phantump in Petalburg Woods (which really should have alternate encounters on the east side to accomodate for it) for early Ghosties :3

Oh yeah. XD

Well regardless, it would fit Mt. Pyre very well.

-Well, Darumaka is based upon a daruma, and honestly I don't see much a fit for it, outside I guess Mt. Pyre, somehow. (sure Route 4 but Relic Castle, okay...?)

Mt. Pyre would be neat, I guess, but in Unova, it's not found in any of those "spookier" places, it's found in a desert of all places. Which makes the Mt. Chimney area a better fit.

-No Tynamo? Also Stunfisk in ponds.

By the time you got to Seafloor Cavern in RSE, the wild Pokemon were in the mid 30's. Taking into account the level bump from the Exp. Share and possibly extra areas, it might bump up closer to Lv. 40 in ORAS. By this point, Tynamo would be too weak, so Eelektrik would be better at this point in the game. Tynamo would be obtained by breeding Eelektrik.

- Sinnoh Starters to be given out instead of Johto ones

Well, both of these starters have yet to be distributed, so IDK. I think it's reasonable to expect the Johto starters since they were in Emerald, but maybe we'll get Sinnoh as well.

If they follow the XY formula for Gym battles...every Gym Leader is going to have two or three Pokemon. I hope this is not the same case.

And PLEASE don't give people all the nukes they need to kill everyone in their path after the first Gym.

Yeah, this is what worries me, that they're going to intentionally nerf the gym rosters to pander to a target audience that they think is braindead. I hope they stick more with the original rosters, only change the gym rosters if they add more Pokemon.

adamfitz

poké-lover
Not sure if already posted

But x and y box art has the mega evolution symbol
Look at the box art for omega/alpha you can see some sort of orb with the symbol for omega/aplha
I'm gonna say that this is the item used to change the forme

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
I could see at as a possibility for an optional rematch. But there's no way that a mandatory Gym battle would be a Sky Battle.

Exactly. It would only be an option.
That makes me think where they could put sky battle trainers in the region (if they do).

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
They weren't really anywhere special in X/Y, they just put them up on slightly elevated land. They could pretty well go in any route.

True. I was just thinking of like Mt. Chimney/Pyre or something. But of course they would probably just be anywhere on high land.

Status
Not open for further replies.