• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexterri

Here's one thing I want.

I want Wally to be an interesting rival. In the original games, he was just a horrible rival.

That's my opinion, though.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Here's one thing I want.

I want Wally to be an interesting rival. In the original games, he was just a horrible rival.

That's my opinion, though.

Yes. Wally needs more inclusion in the games. Perhaps more battles throughout the main game and/or a daily battle postgame?

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
What do you all expect the next trailer of oras to have.
It will air for Japan at sunday 7.30 am.
For europe it'll be saturday. Can't wait for it (;

I hope they will show some battle footage because I wanna know if they went for the pixilated 3D models
Or smooth 3D models( which they already showed to be capable of in Harmony Knight)

The first HeartGold/SoulSilver trailer from Sunday was just a brief clip of the overworld and the following Pokémon, so I'm not expecting battle footage. We WILL see battle footage in the E3 trailer and the trailer that will air alongside Diancie movie, though.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Wally (and all the other rivals) seriously need a revamp.
Just to make things more interesting. :)

Yes, they really do. With fully evolved Pokemon and postgame battles, they would be much more enjoyable.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
I do hope that they will add a new area in which you will be able to battle them every time you want. :D

So do I. But where could it be....A new city or island perhaps? There is a lot of land in Hoenn that is currently unused.

Blesstoise

Squirtle Squad
Am I the only one who in the next days will replay RSE just to see what could be in the remakes? LOL
Anyway who are the Hoenn Pokèmon that you're looking forward to using again?

Haha nope:p just started ruby again! Good to be back in Hoenn.

alexterri

Yes. Wally needs more inclusion in the games. Perhaps more battles throughout the main game and/or a daily battle postgame?

Exactly! That would make him a halfway interesting rival.

And please note, I'm not the type that hates the rival unless their perfect. Wally just doesn't come across as interesting to me.

So yeah, more Wally.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Exactly! That would make him a halfway interesting rival.

And please note, I'm not the type that hates the rival unless their perfect. Wally just doesn't come across as interesting to me.

So yeah, more Wally.

ALL the Wally!
But really, more of the rivals would be very much appreciated.

Blesstoise

Squirtle Squad
What do you all expect the next trailer of oras to have.
It will air for Japan at sunday 7.30 am.
For europe it'll be saturday. Can't wait for it (;

I hope they will show some battle footage because I wanna know if they went for the pixilated 3D models
Or smooth 3D models( which they already showed to be capable of in Harmony Knight)

I personally think that we only get 1 screenshot of the player standing outside his house right when he jumps out of the truck.

It won't be much, but it will give us a really good impression of how the game will look.

boisechris

The Strategist
It'd be cool if they made it into a third person RPG, you know, to fit the 3D model.
Edit
I'm talking camera angle wise.

Last edited:

ShachonianX

Spheal Lord
It'd be cool if they made it into a third person RPG, you know, to fit the 3D model.

Pokemon has always been a third person RPG. I don't exactly understand what you mean.

Nope, you're not the only one.
I highly doubt that Mauville's Game Corner will be in the remakes.

If I had a 3DS/2DS, I'd keep Ludicolo and Flygon in my team.

This is an interesting point. Perhaps "Voltorb Flip" would come back or the policies might have been loosened up? Who can really say?

What I like about this remake though is that it gives people who missed the boat on Mega Blaziken the first time around a second chance to claim the Mega stone for it. Getting HA Torchic is no big deal anymore due to breeding. Getting the Mega stone is a bit more difficult, especially with trading requirements (you can't trade a Mega stone over GTS for example). But what I love most about all of this is that I'll be able to easily bring all of my pokemon from X over without making a hundred trades thanks to Pokebank. I still have no idea who to pick as a starter though, although I'll probably go with Blaziken again since I always choose fire first game. Anyway, stuff that I want...

-HA abilities rereleased for Mudkip and Treecko. Sure you can get them on GTS or wondertrade if you are lucky, but why not just release them worldwide like they did with Torchic? Like when the game is released you get a choice of one of the three via wi-fi download or something?

-Every Mega evolution for Hoenn pokemon to be in the game. Pokémon X has Mega Manectric while Pokémon Y has Mega Aggron. Since it's a Hoenn game, Hoenn pokemon should be priority for Mega Evolutions.

-Like how Emerald allowed you to pick a Johto starter if you completed the dex, the remakes should follow suit, only this time the starter you pick always has its HA when you select it.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Pokemon has always been a third person RPG. I don't exactly understand what you mean.

Well, I'd think the user meant first person. I wouldn't mind. The camera angles in XY was somewhat second person POV. Having all three POVs would be nice.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
If more Megas are implemented, I'd hope that they wouldn't just include Hoenn Pokémon. There are a lot more Pokémon that have been forgotten that could be done justice with a Mega.
For example, Mega Lumineon and Mega Luvdisc, Mega Hitmons and Mega Fossils (not forgotten).

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
If more Megas are implemented, I'd hope that they wouldn't just include Hoenn Pokémon. There are a lot more Pokémon that have been forgotten that could be done justice with a Mega.
For example, Mega Lumineon and Mega Luvdisc, Mega Hitmons and Mega Fossils (not forgotten).

or mega Kalos and Unova pokemon as well. Kalos was understandable but unova I'm not sure the reasoning behind having no Megas for the generation.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
There's a couple of changes and stuff I'd like to see:

- Bigger cities. Most of the towns back then were on the small side, so I hope they update them to make them more interesting (especially Mauville and Lilycove, they should be more on Goldenrod's level imo).
- Bigger post-game. I like Spock's idea of another Sevii Islands type area.
- Return of Emerald's Frontier.
- Expand the underwater routes - make them differ visually and maybe add more trainers and wild Pokemon.
- Online secret bases!
- Make Mirage Island more easily accessed.
- Better rivals. I'd like the games to be true to the originals, but I'd also like Wally's role to be expanded (more appearances, basically) and to have a final battle with May/Brendan before they decide to quit battling instead of them just fading away.
- I want Steven to be the champion. I don't like the idea of the champion and final leader being the same type.
- Difficulty levels available from the start.
- Move tutors.
- Mega Sceptile :(

Heck yea! It would be nice to bring all of that back. As for the Sevii Islands, it would be cool to have access to it without having to go to an event for it.

Also, it would be cool if you could randomize the game after beating it. It would add a nice twist to it.

cmats4020

Oh my gosh! Mega Fossils are a must! Aurorus needs to have Snow Warning and a significant increase in speed (though unlikely).

Status
Not open for further replies.