• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
or mega Kalos and Unova pokemon as well. Kalos was understandable but unova I'm not sure the reasoning behind having no Megas for the generation.

Mega Fossils would include Mega Carracosta and Mega Archeops and Mega Tyrantrum and Mega Aurorus.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Mega Fossils would include Mega Carracosta and Mega Archeops and Mega Tyrantrum and Mega Aurorus.

Mega Archeops....a stronger Archeops, if it would not have Defeatist....well, I am not so sure about that :p.

I'm hoping to see the return of the Emerald Battle Frontier and Secret Bases with Streetpass record swapping (nothing you haven't read already, I'm sure!)

It'd also be really nice to see the Pokeathlon return in some form. I had a lot of fun playing that back in SS. I also hope to see Medals that are actually in the game rather than just online. Ruby was my first ever serious Pokemon experience, so I'm going to get ALLLLL the Medals! 100's of hours of grinding confirmed! But it'll be well worth it.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
You know what I think would be awesome with the Secret Base thing. if they tied into the PSS Friend List (or however they tie in the 3ds friend list this time..I hoping PSS stays) and have everyone's Secret Base appear in the overworld. then you can go in and greet your friend and either battle, trade, or give them gifts. That would be awesome! I doubt we will get it (at least let maybe one day) but still that would be a great way to use Secret Bases.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
If more Megas are implemented, I'd hope that they wouldn't just include Hoenn Pokémon. There are a lot more Pokémon that have been forgotten that could be done justice with a Mega.
For example, Mega Lumineon and Mega Luvdisc, Mega Hitmons and Mega Fossils (not forgotten).

Oh yeah, bring on the MegaDisc! ME ability: Water Veil! Maybe too OP. /sarcasm

Seriously, if they bring on ANY more MEvos it needs to be the other two Hoenn starters, first and foremost. Then they can move on to the nerfed Pokés this gen, like Metagross, Breloom, and Salamence. All three took big hits compared to their previous OU place holdings for the last several gens. Now the fossils, I could get behind that one. Both Cradily and Armaldo have never been ahead of the pack. And while not a fossil Pokémon, Relicanth has always been a hat trick. So any of those could stand the MEvo treatment.

What I REALLY want is the return of diving! That was a very nice addition to the originals and I sorely miss true diving in the Pokémon World. :(

I'm absolutely certain those are fake, but dang do they look good. I wouldn't mind if the real games look like that! (Also, Pokemon following would be nice!)

Aetius

You know what I think would be awesome with the Secret Base thing. if they tied into the PSS Friend List (or however they tie in the 3ds friend list this time..I hoping PSS stays) and have everyone's Secret Base appear in the overworld. then you can go in and greet your friend and either battle, trade, or give them gifts. That would be awesome! I doubt we will get it (at least let maybe one day) but still that would be a great way to use Secret Bases.

Damn, dude, that would be awesome indeed!
I have the feeling that in your base I would find plushies of Arcanine or Growlithe everywhere. LOL

@oarfish: There are still islands that haven't been used yet, so any of them would be perfect to be the location of a post-game facility in which you can challenge your rivals. :D

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
I'm surprised my tumblr dashboard isn't cluttered with fake CoroCoro scans. I saw one fake scan, but that's about it. I was expecting more of them.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
I'm surprised my tumblr dashboard isn't cluttered with fake CoroCoro scans. I saw one fake scan, but that's about it. I was expecting more of them.
Well, new pokemon sprites are fairly easy to fake, so you see a lot of that when a new gen comes out, but since this game is nto going to feature any new pokemon, all they could probably reveal is some scans of the 3D environment/battles, which I would imagine would be much harder to fake.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
@oarfish: There are still islands that haven't been used yet, so any of them would be perfect to be the location of a post-game facility in which you can challenge your rivals. :D

This is true. Many could be used for postgame areas or facilities.
And yes, the secret bases ideas sound great, especially with online capabilities.

fitzy909

Just another guy

Yeah. I was expecting more too.

Personally, I can't wait to see secret bases and contests in 3D. I hope they include something like trainer customization with the contests. Like you can't take part unless your charcter looks cute or tough, etc. A similar thing would be nice for the pokemon.

Kaasuti

MegaKaasutizard
I loved Pokemon following the player in HG/SS, it was a nice little touch and made me feel even closer to my team. Plys getting items from the Pokemon behind you was very handy sometimes.

Finding out the facts this weekend is going to be ace. I'd ignore those screenshots for now as there is no point getting yourself worked up over something you're not sure of.

I know for sure they will be doing something awesome with the secret bases. It was one of the things that made the generation 3 games unique.

Aetius

This is true. Many could be used for postgame areas or facilities.
And yes, the secret bases ideas sound great, especially with online capabilities.

Speaking of secret bases, it would be cool if it could be possible to make them bigger through drills or other tools. :D

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
Am I alone in wanting elements of Colosseum and XD in this game? Reworked and abridged to be post-game material.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Speaking of secret bases, it would be cool if it could be possible to make them bigger through drills or other tools. :D

That is what I have been thinking. Perhaps even different rooms or something.
....Windows....lol.

R_N

I found a video on YouTube of some possible gameplay screenshots. I'm sure they're fake but I hope at least part of it is accurate. Here's a link.

Fake.
I don't think they've ever released a full cave map like something you'd see in a guide, for one.
The grass screen is weird, like it's just had a bunch of filters put on it. They saw how HGSS changed up the grass into chunks, so they tried to imitate that.
Everything in the upper corner screen looks off

Status
Not open for further replies.