• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Am I alone in wanting elements of Colosseum and XD in this game? Reworked and abridged to be post-game material.

What elements could they possibly bring over?

LassGabby

I wish I was a tree.
Speaking of secret bases, it would be cool if it could be possible to make them bigger through drills or other tools. :D

This would be awesome! I would also like if the camera for inside the secret bases were like the camera on the first part of the Glittering Cave in Kalos.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
This would be awesome! I would also like if the camera for inside the secret bases were like the camera on the first part of the Glittering Cave in Kalos.

Yeah, all these secret bases ideas are wonderful.
I can just see it now....Peering out a window of a secret base and watching a jogger run by....

SoulOfSilver

Gym Leader
Hoenn was never my favorite region, but I still have a lot of great memories from those games and I'm excited to revisit them again. Although I do hope these games are a little more reimagined visits to Hoenn instead of play-by-play remakes. It will be fun to have secret bases again, and I'll relive my Sapphire experience by using Blaziken, Grumpig and Flygon. Still deciding what I want for the other three slots. And I really do hope they bring back the walking Pokemon from HGSS, with some restrictions of course.

EDIT: And of course I also want new Mega Evos! I'm sure there will be some for Sceptile/Swampert and a few more.

Last edited:

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
That's right. LOL

I could come up with so many hilarious concepts for secret bases....
But seriously, I do hope that they expand them, both in physical size and contents available to put inside them.

Aetius

I could come up with so many hilarious concepts for secret bases....
But seriously, I do hope that they expand them, both in physical size and contents available to put inside them.

Thinking of hilarious things, I remember that there was an item that, when you stepped on it, made a sound.
I seriously passed hours stepping on it. LOL

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
What elements could they possibly bring over?

Just a reworked subplot involving the Orre region and Team Snagem/Cipher. I loved the post-game campaign of HGSS and so I'm just hoping for an experience just as fulfilling and then thought "well what if they gave a nod to the Gen III Gamecube games?".

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Thinking of hilarious things, I remember that there was an item that, when you stepped on it, made a sound.
I seriously passed hours stepping on it. LOL

Ah, yes. I remember that. They could bring something like that back, similar to musical notes that when you step on, could make a short song.
Also, traps from gen IV's underground....

Thure

Just a reworked subplot involving the Orre region and Team Snagem/Cipher. I loved the post-game campaign of HGSS and so I'm just hoping for an experience just as fulfilling and then thought "well what if they gave a nod to the Gen III Gamecube games?".

I personally would like a new subregion like the Sevii Islands too. I think the Ryukyu Islands would be a nice for this, because they would be near to the Hoenn region (east/right of the Pokémon League). For Colloseum I would really love Colosseum 3 for the Wii(U).

Aetius

Ah, yes. I remember that. They could bring something like that back, similar to musical notes that when you step on, could make a short song.
Also, traps from gen IV's underground....

All those ideas are driving me crazy.
I hope that they will put them again and obviously add new ones. :D

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
All those ideas are driving me crazy.
I hope that they will put them again and obviously add new ones. :D

....Use ALL the ideas!
Hmmm....What if, like for postgame, you had a secret base in a cliff or rock wall, you could fine fossils....I do not know....
But I expect for several of the concepts from the original secret bases to return. Especially things like inside random trees or holes in rock walls.

Pilpulp

美的
The video is fake, it's some fan-made project, I'd link proof but I don't know if I'm allowed too.

Last edited:

Aetius

....Use ALL the ideas!
Hmmm....What if, like for postgame, you had a secret base in a cliff or rock wall, you could fine fossils....I do not know....
But I expect for several of the concepts from the original secret bases to return. Especially things like inside random trees or holes in rock walls.

What if this time they will allow you to create a secret base underwater?
I mean, the cave in which Kyogre slept, despite being big, it was still a cave.
This way Dive would become even more interesting to use. :D

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
Damn, dude, that would be awesome indeed!
I have the feeling that in your base I would find plushies of Arcanine or Growlithe everywhere. LOL

Totatally dude. That would amazing. Not to mention Arcanine posters, rugs, lamps. Everywhere Arcanine!

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
What if this time they will allow you to create a secret base underwater?
I mean, the cave in which Kyogre slept, despite being big, it was still a cave.
This way Dive would become even more interesting to use. :D

I love this idea. Another use for dive? Yes!
Like secret caves that are only accessible from underwater. Sounds quite interesting.

ilovemyumbreon

Holding a Moon Shard
I really hope that they change the way that they do Roamers. I did not like finding the legendary bird 12 or however times in XY just to battle it stationary. On the other hand, the traditional roaming didn't do it for me either... I think it would be cool if Latios and Latias would appear as a Horde Encounter and you have to faint one in order to pick which you want to catch. I liked the choice in Emerald because I like the combo of Latios and Kyogre.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I really hope that they change the way that they do Roamers. I did not like finding the legendary bird 12 or however times in XY just to battle it stationary. On the other hand, the traditional roaming didn't do it for me either... I think it would be cool if Latios and Latias would appear as a Horde Encounter and you have to faint one in order to pick which you want to catch. I liked the choice in Emerald because I like the combo of Latios and Kyogre.

I would actually just like traditional Roaming, or a variant in which you can visibly see Lati@s flying overhead if you're on the same area as it.

Pilpulp

美的

I doubt we'll get to pick because of version exclusives and Lati@s are pretty big ones.

I would actually just like traditional Roaming, or a variant in which you can visibly see Lati@s flying overhead if you're on the same area as it.

Wow, that's a really good idea, but if it didn't happen with X and Y with the birds I doubt it will happen now.

Status
Not open for further replies.