• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
I really hope that they change the way that they do Roamers. I did not like finding the legendary bird 12 or however times in XY just to battle it stationary. On the other hand, the traditional roaming didn't do it for me either... I think it would be cool if Latios and Latias would appear as a Horde Encounter and you have to faint one in order to pick which you want to catch. I liked the choice in Emerald because I like the combo of Latios and Kyogre.

I also disliked the type of roaming in X and Y. (I have yet to see Zapdos enough times. I just transferred one instead.)
The old method is alright I suppose. (Perhaps I am just used to it.)
I never have really been a fan of any type of roamers anyways, but I can deal with them continuing the roamers.

NeohopeSTF

Sol Badguy
I also disliked the type of roaming in X and Y. (I have yet to see Zapdos enough times. I just transferred one instead.)
The old method is alright I suppose. (Perhaps I am just used to it.)
I never have really been a fan of any type of roamers anyways, but I can deal with them continuing the roamers.

For getting competitive roamers X and Y's method is one of the best imo

maybe you chase around one of the latis and then you find them on some island

roy_vos

Pkmn researcher

Maybe the Orbs have the same power as the mega stones, but they didnt know it in RS. And mega pokemons are not mega pokemons in Hoenn but "Omega" and "Alpha" pokemon. (Potato, Patato)

But i hope you can activate Challeger Mode before you entre your name and sex in the game.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
For getting competitive roamers X and Y's method is one of the best imo

maybe you chase around one of the latis and then you find them on some island

I do not really care for it. But if that is your opinion, I acknowledge it. :)

Yes, chasing the Latis sounds fun, perhaps leading to some new island like you said.

Geekachu

XY isn't the necessary blueprint for Gen VI. It's been a perfectly fine and used practice to expand within the generations.

It's a fun idea, it wouldn't be too dissimilar to storms appearing in areas in which Thundurus/Tornadus were roaming in BW.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
>Roamers
Although I said the previous thing I'd much rather you just get a set encounter on *insert Route here* and then they go Roost in whatever.
Although that kinda messes up the whole Roaming-Hoenn/Stationary-Southern Island deal.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Exactly!
Damn, I wish all of this would come true. :D

....Inside waterfalls. Now that would be something.
But as stated before, going through underwater chasms to find hidden areas is a great idea, not just for secret bases, but for an overall expansion of the seafloor.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
But as stated before, going through underwater chasms to find hidden areas is a great idea, not just for secret bases, but for an overall expansion of the seafloor.

As long as it can be a unique Pokémon encounter thing like RangerGS alongside it I'm cool with it.
... Imagine having to go through a dark chasm with only the light of a Lanturn you're chasing as your light source ;3;

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
As long as it can be a unique Pokémon encounter thing like RangerGS alongside it I'm cool with it.
... Imagine having to go through a dark chasm with only the light of a Lanturn you're chasing as your light source ;3;

As a lover of Lanturn, I would be so glad for that.
Unique Pokemon encounters sound cool as well.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Just a reworked subplot involving the Orre region and Team Snagem/Cipher. I loved the post-game campaign of HGSS and so I'm just hoping for an experience just as fulfilling and then thought "well what if they gave a nod to the Gen III Gamecube games?".

There area number of issues with that, though. The biggest one being Game Freak owns none of the rights to those games. So while it'd be neat, it's pretty well impossible.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
There area number of issues with that, though. The biggest one being Game Freak owns none of the rights to those games. So while it'd be neat, it's pretty well impossible.

Well, Genius Sonority did develop Battle Trozei recently, so it proves they are still somewhat involved within it in recenter times.
Although I would agree that the chances of an Orre Remake of all things to be dim.

Aetius

I agree all the way, also because for some reason the seafloor in RSE seemed to be lacking.
All it had were seaweeds and rocks in which you could randomly find items...

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
I agree all the way, also because for some reason the seafloor in RSE seemed to be lacking.
All it had were seaweeds and rocks in which you could randomly find items...

Yes, I agree. We need more things to do underwater. I am so glad that there is underwater "grass", but I would prefer more than that. Secret bases is a good start, but anything else would be great.
Perhaps entire caverns that can only be accessed from underwater, like some previous places in past games.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
>Roamers
Although I said the previous thing I'd much rather you just get a set encounter on *insert Route here* and then they go Roost in whatever.
Although that kinda messes up the whole Roaming-Hoenn/Stationary-Southern Island deal.

Speaking of which, I really hope Southern Island is in OR/AS, although making it accessible to everyone would be a nice change.

I'm curious as to whether they'll change the Feebas hunting thing. I remember there being some crazy rule you had to follow to find one? And, also, anyone else for Sootopolis in 3D?! The place will be much like Venice, especially with the style of houses (apart from the fact that it's in a volcano, of course)

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
I'm curious as to whether they'll change the Feebas hunting thing. I remember there being some crazy rule you had to follow to find one? And, also, anyone else for Sootopolis in 3D?! The place will be much like Venice, especially with the style of houses (apart from the fact that it's in a volcano, of course)

I just read "Venice", and went....OMG YES!!
I have been wanting a "Poke-Venice" ever since I went there in real life. (That city in real life is truly amazing).
But yes, your ideas are great.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

Ugh, I hated searching for wild Feebas in R/S. I also hope it gets changed in OR/AS and becomes easier to pull off.

Aetius

Yes, I agree. We need more things to do underwater. I am so glad that there is underwater "grass", but I would prefer more than that. Secret bases is a good start, but anything else would be great.
Perhaps entire caverns that can only be accessed from underwater, like some previous places in past games.

It would be nice if one of those underground caves would lead you to new areas or perhaps to locations that you've already visited.
Just to make travelling that much more epic. :D

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
It would be nice if one of those underground caves would lead you to new areas or perhaps to locations that you've already visited.
Just to make travelling that much more epic. :D

Sort of like that ruin maniac guy who collected unowns in gen IV and his tunnel. Also, like Clay Tunnel.
Yes, shortcuts throughout the region using dive is a great idea. So is the idea for new locations.
Possibly even new caverns where you can only catch specific Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.