• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
A lot of people want both safaris, which can probably work where you have the set of pokemon the game already gives you. Friend safari pokemon would simply add to the mix post Elite 4?

Is it too recent to hope that we can catch the legendary beasts and the kami trio in the remake?

TWN

5326 7398 1244
The Regi puzzle in RSE was far more difficult than the typical puzzle in Pokemon games, so I expect attaining the Regis will be much easier this time around. Players will probably have in-game assistance in decoding the braille. Maybe if we swipe our finger over the the braille on the touch screen, the game will tell us what it says. Or maybe a non-player character will just tell us how we can figure it out.

Either way, I expect the Sealed Chamber to be used for Regigigas instead of unlocking the the other Regis. I think a plot event will unlock the three Regis, then the three Regis will need to be taken to the Sealed Chamber to unlock Regigigas.

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Are people expecting ORAS to be full of legendaries to be caught because of HGSS? HGSS was an interesting remake where you could catch a good portion of the pokedex without trading over from DPP. It would be cool if we could get a similar Safari Zone system as the one from HGSS. Would you rather have a HGSS style safari or stick to Friend Safari?

No. We're expecting ORAS to be full of legendaries because there's a ton of them that couldn't be caught otherwise. All of the 2nd, 4th, and 5th gen are uncatchable without Bank, and it'd be ridiculous to expect them all to be catchable in the third set of games. There's more than likely going to be some combination of those legendaries in this game.

Don't forget-

Kyurem in Shoal Cave
Zekrom in Mauville City just sitting there eating cupcakes and drinking tea.
Reshiram in Fiery Path

If the Tao trio are going to be in the game, they're probably not going to be in some generic volcanic/electric/ice area. And I can't think of a good place for them.

I think they're better saved for Z/XY2, which more directly reference those Pokemon.

traditional RSE Safari and Friend Safari both

This. RSE Safari for the original areas, Friend Safari for the post game expansion.

Arcanineblitz

I was just thinking that pre elite 4 the safari would be normal and after you beat the game some lady pops up and expands it to include a different entrance for friend safari she'll get a fancy little desk and everything.

Ti4558

I want:

Hideouts
New mega evolution
A safari
A reimagined Hoenn region
More dive features
A new story
Modernized gyms
A battle frontier
A good balance of the features from the 3rd and 6th gen
& lots of post game content

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
This. RSE Safari for the original areas, Friend Safari for the post game expansion.

no no no, retain the original post-game expansion and make it available during the main story

gives you access to Mega Ampharos, Ambipom, Gliscor, Fairy-type Granbull, Mega Houndoom, and other stuff

Arcanineblitz

For HGSS did they change up the gym rosters from the originals? I cant really remember the teams from the original GSC. I really hope the leaders and elite four get some sort of boost even if its small.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
For HGSS did they change up the gym rosters from the originals? I cant really remember the teams from the original GSC. I really hope the leaders and elite four get some sort of boost even if its small.

They gave Clair a Gyarados.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

The only change, IIRC, was that Clair replaced one of her Dragonairs with a Gyarados. Other than that, completely the same.

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
The only change, IIRC, was that Clair replaced one of her Dragonairs with a Gyarados. Other than that, completely the same.

So we'll still have to deal with Winora's terrifying Altaria that knows Earthquake. Sigh, good times.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
So we'll still have to deal with Winora's terrifying Altaria that knows Earthquake. Sigh, good times.

Probably, although they did change up the movesets some. For instance, Bugsy's Scyther knew U-turn in HGSS.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Probably, although they did change up the movesets some. For instance, Bugsy's Scyther knew U-turn in HGSS.

That reason alone is why I found Bugsy to be the toughest gym battle in HG/SS. U-turn that early in the game is horrible to fight.

In regards to gym leader changes, I'm actually curious to see what they do with Roxanne specifically, namely if her whole team will have Sturdy. The ability of her Geodude changed from Sturdy in R/S to Rock Head in Emerald, if I'm not mistaken, but let's say they use her Emerald team and give her two Geodudes, but give them Sturdy. Her Nosepass also has Sturdy in both R/S and Emerald too. Double Kick Combusken master race?

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Fairy types are going to make Altaria a joke anyway.

lol catch ya later Drake

I wonder if Glacia will use more than two lines of Pokémon this time. If she doesn't at least have a Froslass, I swear...

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I really hope they keep up the difficulty for these

having to deal with sh*t like Norman's Slakings, Bulk Up+Sand Attack Makuhita, and DD Altaria made me the Boy I am today

oh god, what if they keep Knock Off Makuhita, that's 97.5 bp if you try to hold like a Berry or something

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
lol catch ya later Drake

I wonder if Glacia will use more than two lines of Pokémon this time. If she doesn't at least have a Froslass, I swear...

The E4 teams will most likely remain the same as it did for HGSS. Lance with 3 under lv 55 Dragonites? Totally Hax. I expect you will be able to refight the Elite 4 in Hoenn with stronger teams and newer additions including Kalos pokemon.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

It knew Earthquake? I hadn't noticed. Anyway, I'm sure that her Pokemon will receive moveset changes, so it's probably nothing to worry about in OR/AS.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
I really hope they keep up the difficulty for these

having to deal with sh*t like Norman's Slakings, Bulk Up+Sand Attack Makuhita, and DD Altaria made me the Boy I am today

oh god, what if they keep Knock Off Makuhita, that's 97.5 bp if you try to hold like a Berry or something

I want this.

Also, I demand that they retain the continuity error about Glacia's dress color.

I expect you will be able to refight the Elite 4 in Hoenn with stronger teams and newer additions including Kalos pokemon.

I'm not so sure about that, considering how that went in XY.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Are people expecting ORAS to be full of legendaries to be caught because of HGSS? HGSS was an interesting remake where you could catch a good portion of the pokedex without trading over from DPP.

Hmmm...

Gen 1: The Legendary Birds and Mewtwo can be obtained from XY. Mew is obviously an event Legend for this game -- Faraway Island.
Gen 2: Events aside, the Legendary Beasts were last obtainable in HGSS. They might roam Hoenn post-game. Lugia & Ho-oh might be obtainable if Navel Rock is accessible.
Gen 3: Regi Trio, Weather Trio, and Latis obtainable in-game. Deoxys and Jirachi are event legendaries.
Gen 4: I expect the Creation Trio, Darkrai, and Manaphione. Regigigas is a must. The rest, I doubt it.
Gen 5: I don't expect any Gen 5 Legends. It can easily be traded over.
Gen 6: We just had XY. There aren't even much Legends to catch anyway.

It would be cool if we could get a similar Safari Zone system as the one from HGSS. Would you rather have a HGSS style safari or stick to Friend Safari?

I prefer the Friend Safari and I think it will be merged with Hoenn's Safari Zone. This is how I think it will be done...

The Hoenn Safari Zone have 6 areas and each area obviously have default Pokemon.
We select a Friend and 3 additional Pokemon will be found in the wild. It's up to us to find them.

Also, I expect the Pokeblocks to affect the distribution of wild Pokemon, rather than just the natures as it was in the original.

Chaos Rush

Well they changed levels too, and also some had the order that they sent them out different. I'll just write down every miniscule difference here:

GSC Falkner:
Lv7 Pidgey
Lv9 Pidgeotto

HGSS Falkner:
Lv9 Pidgey
Lv13 Pidgeotto

GSC Bugsy:
Lv14 Metapod
Lv14 Kakuna
Lv16 Scyther

HGSS Bugsy:
Lv17 Scyther (they moved it to the front for U-turn)
Lv15 Metapod
Lv15 Kakuna

GSC Whitney:
Lv18 Clefairy
Lv20 Miltank

HGSS Whitney:
Lv17 Clefairy
Lv19 Miltank
(yes, they actually lowered Whitney's levels)

Morty's team is identical between games barring movesets

GSC Chuck:
Lv27 Primeape
Lv30 Poliwrath

HGSS Chuck:
Lv29 Primeape
Lv31 Poliwrath

Jasmine's team is identical between games barring movesets

GSC Pryce:
Lv27 Seel
Lv29 Dewgong
Lv31 Piloswine

HGSS Pryce:
Lv30 Seel
Lv32 Dewgong
Lv34 Piloswine

GSC Clair:
Lv37 Dragonair
Lv37 Dragonair
Lv37 Dragonair
Lv40 Kingdra

HGSS Clair:
Lv38 Gyarados
Lv38 Dragonair
Lv38 Dragonair
Lv41 Kingdra

Will Smith's team is identical between games barring movesets

Koga's team is identical between games barring movesets

Bruno Mars' team is identical between games barring movesets

Karen's team is identical between games barring movesets

GSC Lance:
Lv44 Gyarados
Lv46 Charizard
Lv46 Aerodactyl
Lv47 Dragonite
Lv47 Dragonite
Lv50 Dragonite

HGSS Lance:
Lv46 Gyarados
Lv48 Charizard
Lv48 Aerodactyl
Lv49 Dragonite
Lv49 Dragonite
Lv50 Dragonite

I won't bother with typing out the differences between Kanto Gym Leaders. They're all the same except they all got a decent level bump, and Blue's Alakazam was replaced with a Machamp, and he leads with Exeggutor in HGSS to activate Trick Room.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.