• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowKreach

While we're on the topic of the Elite 4, I have to wonder if they'll use the same system that was used up until DPPt (Where you don't get to pick the order in which you face the Elite 4, and their levels get higher as you go on) or the system that we have now after BW (Choose the order in which you face the Elite 4, their levels are all roughly the same). I personally hope it's the former, or that they atleast scale up the levels of the members depending on the order you face them.

Cryokinesis

Going from past remakes I doubt we'll be seeing any Pokémon from Sinnoh, Unova and Kalos before the post game with a few possible exceptions like Frosslass, Budew and Roserade, Chingling etc. but even then they might not give us access to the incenses or evolutionary items before the post game.

My main desires for this game are:
-Contests meaning the original Hoenn contests. None of that stupid Sinnoh stuff.
-Secret bases! I loved them so much and I loved mixing records with my friends and then going into a house to see a flashing TV to then hear a report about something they did in their own game. It felt like they were another trainer in my game going about the region and I really liked that.
-Sevii Islands style additional area for the post game. This is my biggest desire for these remakes. Heart Gold/Soul Silver get a free pass for not doing it since they were obviously giving us 2 regions anyway but there's no reason why Hoenn shouldn't get the sub-region treatment.

Bakphoon™

Heated Fury
While we're on the topic of the Elite 4, I have to wonder if they'll use the same system that was used up until DPPt (Where you don't get to pick the order in which you face the Elite 4, and their levels get higher as you go on) or the system that we have now after BW (Choose the order in which you face the Elite 4, their levels are all roughly the same). I personally hope it's the former, or that they atleast scale up the levels of the members depending on the order you face them.

I don't think that's gonna happen cause Game Freak won't change their trend from BW and XY.

DaggerY

Collector
Yes I would personally prefer not choosing which order to face the elite four, I suppose that is just what I feel since ruby was my first game. I also prefer the levels to escalate so it feels like more of challenge or is more of a challenge even if you level grind before you verse them.

Andrew Shard

Shards of Fury...
I wanted a difficult option for the game... Gym leaders hard...

supersmew

Let me heal your ⓗ♈ʒ
One thing I hope they keep is Trainer Customization and Pokémon Amie. I think now they've implemented customization it'll stay in all the future games, and I can only hope same goes for Pokémon Amie.

Aurath8

Yes I would personally prefer not choosing which order to face the elite four, I suppose that is just what I feel since ruby was my first game. I also prefer the levels to escalate so it feels like more of challenge or is more of a challenge even if you level grind before you verse them.

I wholly disagree. The problem with escalating levels is that the first two Elite 4 become jokes, as when I level grind I always do so that I have a chance at beating the champion. If the first E4 member has pokemon ten levels below the champion's signature, they won't pose a challenge at all.

If anything, the closer the levels are together, the more challenging the E4 and Champion is. I'd much rather have 4 hard battles and one very hard one than 2 lukewarm, 1 average, 1 hard and then an equally very hard one at the end.

You mean, like a 'Challenge Mode' that was in BW2?

Yes. Except don't make it version exclusive, because that's bad and makes people feel bad, and have them available from the start of the game. It's a difficulty mode, a standard in the games industry and I don't know GF mucked it up so badly.

Last edited:

Nodame

Misty <3
Desires:
-I hope they don't pull a HG/SS and replace the female protagonist. I really wanna play as Haruka.
- Mega Milotic, Altaria, Delcatty and Masquerain please.
- Walking with Pokemon.
- They better bring back secret bases, contests and the battle frontier.
- Dive!

That's what I really want. I'm sure everything else is probably going to be awesome beyond my imagination anyway consider how big the environment were in that game. :)

Last edited:

garchompkid

I seem to remember the last two remakes allowed you to get legendaries from games which came out after the originals. For example, in FRLG, you could catch the legendary dogs, and in HGSS, you could catch Groudon/Kyogre. If this continues, I am expecting to be able to catch Dialga/Palkia in this game at some point.

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
Thought of something else I'd like the game to have.

-PC Storage for items...
What about multiple pockets as an alternative? Separate pockets for held items and Pokéballs in addition to XY's existing pockets is a welcome addition in my opinion.

I have a feeling that navel rock will be in the game
Provided GameFreak decides to repeat same events held in Gen III, albeit via wifi this time.

Last edited:

Fatalshock

Pokeblock, secret bases, contests, battle frontier, Super Training, Amie, Wonder-Trade.

misunderstoodhero

Expectations – Basically what I expect from the game and in my opinion, if we don’t get these features Game Freak has been incompetent in the handling of the remake.

Overworld to be redesigned / overhauled – Redesign the towns, routes and dungeons and make them bigger to take full advantage of sexy 3DS graphics and processing power.

Split up the ocean – Add a few islands to it so we have a little more variety in late game locations.

Update the Pokedex – Pretty simple. I think the Hoenn Pokedex is pretty bad and should be updated to include Pokemon from Gens 4 – 6.

Update bosses rosters – Gym Leaders, Elite Four, Rivals, Villianous bosses... their rosters need to be updated. I personally cannot stand it when a boss trainer has the same Pokemon on their team more then once and Hoenn’s Elite Four is super guilty of this.

Rival doesn’t ragequit at Lilycove

Mega Evolutuions for Sceptile, Swampert, Groudon and

Secret Bases

Character customization to return and be expanded on.

Contests to make a return

Some way to rematch Gym Leaders and Elite Four / Champion teams to be updated post-game

Super Training and Pokemon Amie to be in these games

Desires – Stuff I’d like to see, but this is a just a bonus. If these weren’t included, I’d still buy the game.

More mega evolutions – Specifically for Mightyena, Sabyleye Altaria, Grumpig, Torkoal, Milotic and Metagross.

Difficulty settings – Which are available from the start

Hoenn’s Elite Four to be battleable in any order, like Gen 5 onwards.

Last edited:

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
What about multiple pockets as an alternative? Separate pockets for held items and Pokéballs in addition to XY's existing pockets is a welcome addition in my opinion
No, I want a flat out item storage in PC for it, hell I want it in X/Y
I have way too many items that I can't really get rid of for the sake of trade or usage (Evolution items, arceus plates, Strange Souvenir, etc) but they cluster up my bags even if they're endless and have many "pockets".

Status
Not open for further replies.