• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I wanted a difficult option for the game... Gym leaders hard...

Kind of like the Hard Mode in BW2? Except make the AIs smarter, like Cynthia. And give them more than 3 Pokemon...

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I don't see why some people think there won't be Mega Evolutions this gen... Can't they do an update on X/Y to see/battle new Mega's? They can always make the new mega stones untradable from OR/AS to X/Y... I just don't see them not making new mega evolutions because of X/Y

Either that or they actually introduce new Pokemon, but it remains to be seen.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
I haven't played remakes in ages. so I have a question who are more familiar with them than I am. is it safe to expect move tutors?

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
I hope that instead of prof.birch(nothing against him) and poochyena it's prof.Wally and zigzagoon ^w^
I think it'd be really cool if they did that.
And I expect mega swampert and mega sceptile. Unfair to them if only blaziken gets a mega.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I hope that instead of prof.birch(nothing against him) and poochyena it's prof.Wally and zigzagoon ^w^
And I expect mega swampert and mega sceptile. Unfair to them if only blaziken gets a mega.

Since when has any of the starters ever been equal?

Pilpulp

美的

It'd be cool, but these are confirmed 'full remakes' so things should generally be the same. I could see however, them changing the Pokemon chasing Prof. Birch.

Me too. Seems like it will happen, or at least should.

Paul1985

Ana de Armas fan
I hope if Froslass is in the game we can get it before the Elite Four as I am planning to use it on my Omega Ruby team.

Me too. Seems like it will happen, or at least should.

I hope so as well.

Pilpulp

美的
I hope if Froslass is in the game we can get it before the Elite Four as I am planning to use it on my Omega Ruby team.

Yes. 10x.

It was ridiculous how they restricted certain Pokemon in HG SS.

I really wanted to get a Togepi for my main walk through in HG SS, but nope, and Togetic is practically worthless after having used Togekiss.

It's completely absurd if they keep this up.

May as well take out mega evolutions.

Creeper

om nom nom
I'd say I'd would really like a Sceptilite and a Swampertite because having a mega handed to you only if you choose a certain starter... I don't like it. I know it's unlikely, even if they patch X/Y. (they won't) I just dislike the idea of gaining an advantage because you have a different starters.

Nonetheless, basing off HG/SS, I'm assuming we get more legendaries. There's 5 per version in the original R/S. There'll be at least six with Regigias, and going with the idea that the box legends of a gen after the originals (FRLG had Lugia and Ho-Oh via event, Gen I remakes with Gen II legends. HG/SS had Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza. Gen II remakes with Gen III legends.) Following this pattern, we should find Diagla, Palkia and Giratina. I doubt they'd pull off a version split, as the trio master is an event-only mon.

disclaimer: the pattern is completely random and arbitrary prolly not right/true

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
I'd say I'd would really like a Sceptilite and a Swampertite because having a mega handed to you only if you choose a certain starter... I don't like it. I know it's unlikely, even if they patch X/Y. (they won't) I just dislike the idea of gaining an advantage because you have a different starters.

But doesn't choosing any one Starter inherently give you certain advantages that choosing a different one would not?

Last edited:

freezer1

Ice-type Fanatic
Why Alpha and Omega? That is what is interesting me. It mustn't be a coincidence that they chose the first and last letters of the Greek alphabet. But why them in particular, and not just Alpha and Beta or even Rho and Sigma? Something in the plot to do with first and last, the beginning and the end... Racking my brains. Can't imagine what it might have to do with the overall plot though...

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Since when has any of the starters ever been equal?

Exactly. I don't want sound so negative about it, but Game Freak isn't obligated to give us a Mega Swampert or Sceptile just because Blaziken got one. Blaziken is pretty much the Charizard of Hoenn in terms of popularity, and no doubt that this contributed greatly to him getting a Mega over the others, probably more so than him being a starter.

Could Blaziken getting a Mega have been alluding to these remakes? Maybe, and it definitely can be considered unfair that only he got the Mega, but fairness isn't something that needs to be upheld in terms of starters. Charizard is a perfect example of this. Now, a Mega Swampert and Sceptile would definitely be cool and I'm not discounting the possibility, this would definitely be a fitting time for them to happen. But we shouldn't be going into this thinking they're guaranteed to happen.

Pilpulp

美的
Nonetheless, basing off HG/SS, I'm assuming we get more legendaries. There's 5 per version in the original R/S. There'll be at least six with Regigias, and going with the idea that the box legends of a gen after the originals (FRLG had Lugia and Ho-Oh via event, Gen I remakes with Gen II legends. HG/SS had Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza. Gen II remakes with Gen III legends.) Following this pattern, we should find Diagla, Palkia and Giratina. I doubt they'd pull off a version split, as the trio master is an event-only mon.

disclaimer: the pattern is completely random and arbitrary prolly not right/true

That'd be actually be really cool to find the Creation Trio in R/S/E. Mt. Pyre? They could just do Dialga in one game, Palkia in another, bring the two together and you unlock Girantina similar to HG SS, just ignore Arceus.

It'd make sense because in HG SS you also got Treecko/Mudkip/Torchic so replace those with Sinnoh starters from Prof. Birch and bam there's a connection.

Sort of... (You get the Gen IV starters and legendaries in the same game, similar to HG SS with Gen III)

Anyways cool idea, there will definitely be other legendaries included in the games, maybe the Kami trio? Since they are related to weather and there's the weather institute and all.

Related to starter Megas:

2:1:1 is more fair than 1:0:0

Last edited:

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
I agree with psynergy. popularity has almost always resulted in unfairness between things that we as a fandom want balance in. and in all honesty while I would like sceptile and swampert to get Megas, if they do get some I'll be wondering why venusaur and blastoise didn't get secondary Megas along with Charizard.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Also praying for the return of the old event islands and a few new ones!

A island with a catchable Jirachi would be amazing.

I totally agree about the event islands; it would be a great opportunity to catch more Legendary Pokemon in OR/AS.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
I totally agree about the event islands; it would be a great opportunity to catch more Legendary Pokemon in OR/AS.

this. I'd much rather travel to islands where they dwell than have them scattered in hidden restricted areas within the main region itself that open up after beating the E4

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
this. I'd much rather travel to islands where they dwell than have them scattered in hidden restricted areas within the main region itself that open up after beating the E4

I want the Sevii Islands to be included. It seems doubtful to me that there will ever be FRLG remakes, and the Sevii Islands were such a unique set of locations. I would hate for them to be the only "region" to never be rendered in 3D. Besides, Hoenn always had a pathetic amount of post-game content, whereas both sets of remakes thus far have had quite a bit (including... the Sevii Islands), and Hoenn's boat ports can reach the Sevii Islands, as we know from the Navel Rock and Birth Island which are in the same area.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
some of you may remember this but back in the original ruby and sapphire you couldn't challenge may/Brendan to any more rematches after a certain point, I would like to be able to challenge may/Brendan to rematches after I've completed the game because they were enjoyable. so yeah long story short I want may/Brendan rematches in these games.
they can make it so that on certain days they use their ruby/sapphire teams and on other days they use their emerald teams.
does this sound good? and did it make any sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.