• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lost Lore

Diving Deep
I think that the rock that Groudon was on in Sootopolis was brown in the originals though...Correct me if I'm wrong its been awhile.

You're right- in Emerald, Groudon was standing on a brown, magma-filled rock whilst fighting Kyogre. So it could be that, perhaps.

What if the new Groudon and Kyogre are somehow awakened with the Red Orb and Blue Orb respectively? Come to think of it, this idea has probably been covered earlier in the thread, but it seems almost obligatory. The Orbs could have some connection to Mega Stones (which I assume will be revealed by Steven). Why is it that all official sources state "notice the differences in appearance"? Is there something I'm missing? Some sort of Da Vinci code puzzle that is obvious when looked at a certain angle?

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
What if the new Groudon and Kyogre are somehow awakened with the Red Orb and Blue Orb respectively? Come to think of it, this idea has probably been covered earlier in the thread, but it seems almost obligatory. The Orbs could have some connection to Mega Stones (which I assume will be revealed by Steven). Why is it that all official sources state "notice the differences in appearance"? Is there something I'm missing? Some sort of Da Vinci code puzzle that is obvious when looked at a certain angle?

That's the popular theory right now, yeah.

Pilpulp

美的
To think there might have been a better solution to Groudon coming out of the water, doesn't make sense.

Anywho, is it pronounced

Gr-wow-don (How I say it)

-or-

Grou-don

Those Trolls!

Anywho, does anyone else expect mega tropius? that thing needs a mega. Its stats are so underwhelming and i believe it would benefit from one

I definitely want a mega tropius- I caught one in black and have been using it a little bit.
anyways the graphics looked interesting(and its confirmed that its gonna stay in 3d) that's all I can say I guess...

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
We'll be getting more megas than you guys will know what to do with them soon enough. If these games were sequels or a new gem they'd be swamped with them. So even if we only get the ones we have already, or only Swampert/Sceptile/Kyogre/Groudon as new megas, that should hold you for how sick you'll be of them next gen.

shadowF

do you guys expect to see some stuff from emerald be in these new games? like the battle frontier! or the groudon vs kyogre cutscene?

Probably because it's too early for any of them to get them, just like none of the Kalos Pokemon got a single Mega.

Despite, you know, being in their REGION OF ORIGIN and all that. It's like creating shampoo in North America, but only the Japanese get to experience it.
By that logic there should only be gen VI megas introduced in Kalos.
Sure they might not introduce any megas from other regions, but it's not entirely unlikely.
They didn't get Mega's from XY and I forget in a article it either stated that 5th Gen or 6th Gen wouldn't be getting Megas as of XY (Neither did) but I don't know if that's the whole gen or what.
I'm pretty sure they just mentioned gen VI, which has sparked much debate about Zygarde.

LudicoloFiesta

IV Breeder
Having it to do with the red and blue orbs would be a nice nod to continuity. It would make sense with Steven too, because of everything he does with rocks ans stuff.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
do you guys expect to see some stuff from emerald be in these new games? like the battle frontier! or the groudon vs kyogre cutscene?

Battle Frontier-I sure hope so. I can see it returning for some of the postgame content.
I lost my version of Emerald before I got there, so I would like to experience it now.

To think there might have been a better solution to Groudon coming out of the water, doesn't make sense.

Anywho, is it pronounced

Gr-wow-don (How I say it)

-or-

Grou-don

I've always pronounced it "Grou-don" and the anime seems to agree with me. I used to pronounce Kyogre "Kyog-ray" and Rayquaza "Ray-quarr-zerr". Destiny Deoxys proved me wrong :p
As for Groudon coming out of water, did they ever show how he got to Sootopolis in Emerald? I know he was in Mt. Chimney on Jagged Path, but I can't remember him moving...

Having it to do with the red and blue orbs would be a nice nod to continuity. It would make sense with Steven too, because of everything he does with rocks ans stuff.

Yeah, that's what I was getting at. Steven must know about Mega Stones. (Just you wait until Mega Metagross is announced... You know it's coming :p )

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
I've always pronounced it "Grou-don" and the anime seems to agree with me. I used to pronounce Kyogre "Kyog-ray" and Rayquaza "Ray-quarr-zerr". Destiny Deoxys proved me wrong :p
As for Groudon coming out of water, did they ever show how he got to Sootopolis in Emerald? I know he was in Mt. Chimney on Jagged Path, but I can't remember him moving...

I do not recall how they moved in the games. (Secret underground passageways perhaps?)

And I thought they were "Gr-ow-don", "K-Ieo-gray", and "Ray-quay-za".
Just slightly different than I originally pronounced them.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

I hope the Battle Frontier exists in OR/AS. I liked the challenge of it in Emerald and I'd like to see it return.

Status
Not open for further replies.