• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
I hope so. I hope this time there is enough to do after finishing the league. I can remember from the old games that the game was basically done for me after the league. There wasn't that much to do

First-of-the-generation games typically do not have much postgame. But for remakes, I really hope that there is plenty to do then. New facilities perhaps?

maxtvgame

It should be more like the Elder scrolls. I feel like they should have more side 'quests' to play apart from the main story. But we all know that's not going to happen, at least not in this game

freezer1

Ice-type Fanatic
(hello, everyone)

I hope for a drastic improvement here. If the long water routes return, I want to see coral reefs, bays, more diving locations, different rock structures, etc so it doesn't feel as though you're sailing forever in water purgatory.

As for seasons returning... probably not. Hoenn would have such low seasonality anyway being tropical. Going off of Bolt the Cat, I could see some impressive overworld weather effects though.

I really hope they keep the land:water ratio the same though. The story is about Kyogre and Groudon, so there should be similar amounts of land and water, I don't know why people complain about there being so much water, I think its great! I think the water routes can be incredibly versatile, and if they include things like coral reefs, etc like you suggest, I think we can get people off that mentality that water routes are boring!

Jory

Stare at Kyogre's face. You might just see the Team Aqua symbol on it. Though, that could just be me grasping at the complete and utter lack of information that's perfectly acceptable for this stage in the game's reveal.

I have always wanted the colossal beast from the Wishmaker movie in-game. He'll probably have a giant M on his back or something.

Yup.

I fully expect Omega Groudon to come fully equipped with the tentacles from Wishmaker, because these two are totally what happens when you try to make an artificial mega evolution.

Unless they're not.

Then, that would be awkward.

Whoops.

Aurath8

I really hope they keep the land:water ratio the same though. The story is about Kyogre and Groudon, so there should be similar amounts of land and water, I don't know why people complain about there being so much water, I think its great! I think the water routes can be incredibly versatile, and if they include things like coral reefs, etc like you suggest, I think we can get people off that mentality that water routes are boring!

The main issue with Water routes I have is that because of ubiquity of Swimmers and Fishermen, all see for miles around is Water pokemon and Water trainers. Few other environments in pokemon have such a strangehold over single type. Its not only boring to fight the same type, but often I have to underlevel my Grass/Electric types for Water routes, simply because the team's Fire or Ground type isn't going to any exp for a while.

They've slowly been getting better at this by filling Water areas with sandbars, but with Hoenn's endless expanses of water, it feels like taking 3 steps back.

EDIT: This is mainly an issue with Ocean routes specifically. River routes a good, since there you can include grass, regular trainers, and even a bit of mountainous terrain. In fact, these routes often end up being the most varied in pokemon.

Last edited:

shadowF

do you guys think rayquaza might get a similar form like kyogre and groudon?

RoySceptile

Bakaner
Maybe. In wich way is Rayquaza connected to Groudon and Kyogre?

It's the trio master.
It quells their fighting when they happen to.

And I think it's safe to say that, to an extent, nullifies their abilities (I haven't watched a lot of anime or movies; someone correct me).

Ninja'd

shadowF

I feel it would be weird if groudon and kyogre got new forms but rayquaza didn't. it would be like only latios can mega evolve and latias cant.

Jadgirl04

Lilac Dungeoneer
I just hope they don't change the pattern to get to the sealed chamber. That took waay too long to figure out - -''
I think the idea of the weather changing the enviroment sounds really good though. I can imagine something like lotad coming out more often in the rain, or cacnea appearing in the desert only when there's no sandstorms going on.
Also, does anyone remember collecting ash to get those glass flutes? It'd be nice to see that again, but with lower ammounts of ash required and more variety in what you can get.
Also secret bases. If they don't put that back in they're going to have lots of angry people to deal with XD

First-of-the-generation games typically do not have much postgame. But for remakes, I really hope that there is plenty to do then. New facilities perhaps?

It's what the games really need. I was disappointed by X & Y's postgame content, although the Looker missions were pretty fun. I'd like a way to dramatically affect the amount of time that eggs hatch, like Join Avenue's Nursery in B2/W2. You'd still have to work for it, but it would really make breeding less of a chore and help the competitive scene (not that I take part much myself).

R_N

Because the water routes we have are incredibly boring. It's long straight of water connected to a long straight of water. There's dive spots, but those aren't varied enough and most require a second run through. Sometimes you'll get some shallow water.

I mean look at this
600px-Hoenn_Route_124_RSE.png

Look at how bland this is.

600px-Hoenn_Route_127_E.png

This is kind of better, we got like mangroove trees and some rocks, but it's still visually bland

And since they wanted an equal number of water routes, you have the ridiculousness that is routes 129-131, which is just one long straight stream of water routes. And there is NOTHING THERE except for the Sky Tower on 131. 130 is literally just a corridor and the first thing that comes to mind when I think "Hoenn Water Routes"
800px-Hoenn_Route_130_RSE.png

And in addition to that, a lot of the trainers are swimmers & fishermen who are invariably going to have the same bunch of water pokemon. *But* at least the shallows allow for breeders & ace trainers and so on.

The absolute worst thing that makes everything just come together and be all samey forever is the pokemon. Hoenn's got a lot of water types but they're spread out across 3 fishing rods, surfing and diving. So all you're going to find are Tentacool, Wingull and Pelipper. And I think all within the same level ranges. All the pokemon games have this problem, but they hide it better by not having as many water routes

freezer1

Ice-type Fanatic
The main issue with Water routes I have is that because of ubiquity of Swimmers and Fishermen, all see for miles around is Water pokemon and Water trainers. Few other environments in pokemon have such a strangehold over single type. Its not only boring to fight the same type, but often I have to underlevel my Grass/Electric types for Water routes, simply because the team's Fire or Ground type isn't going to any exp for a while.

They've slowly been getting better at this by filling Water areas with sandbars, but with Hoenn's endless expanses of water, it feels like taking 3 steps back.

EDIT: This is mainly an issue with Ocean routes specifically. River routes a good, since there you can include grass, regular trainers, and even a bit of mountainous terrain. In fact, these routes often end up being the most varied in pokemon.

Maybe if they filled some of the central patches with dive spots or more islands perhaps then? Or coral reefs like the other user said. Another underwater cavern or grotto? I've always loved caves. The issue is that it is a huge square which makes it more difficult to explore than one long water route, if they had the central ocean patch a bit more structured, then perhaps it would be easier to handle.

maxtvgame

Aah okay. Well if there are new designs (maybe because of megaevolution) I don't think it would be the same story as the older games.

RoySceptile

Bakaner
Aah okay. Well if there are new designs (maybe because of megaevolution) I don't think it would be the same story as the older games.

I'm sure they will alter the story, even if just a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.