• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I actually want the Hoenn Pokedex to expand just for the sake of not seeing Glacia with two Sealio and two Glalie + a number of other repetitive things. Throw a Froslass and a Vanilluxe in place of a Sealio and a Glalie and I'll be find with that at the very least for example.

I have no problem with the Hoenn Elite Four's teams tbh, so normally I'd be against this idea, but seeing her use a Froslass in OR/AS would be fine with me.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Do you think they're going to bring back contests? Or will they just have those little battle house thingies from Emerald?

....They BETTER bring back contests....
I do not recall the "little battle house thingies" though. Probably because I barely remember Emerald.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Do you think they're going to bring back contests? Or will they just have those little battle house thingies from Emerald?

Contests were introduced in RS. I don't see any reason why they wouldn't bring it back.
As for the Battle Tents. Probably. But those facilities only act as tutorials for the Frontier. You don't even earn BP in those...

Pilpulp

美的

The battle tents?

I think both will make an appearance.

Related to adding new Pokemon:
No matter what, any Pokemon in the Hoenn dex with a Gen 4 evolution should have that evolution obtainable in game in the main story. They would also be able to be used on Gym Leaders / Rivals / and Elite Four Members respectively.

Gallade suits Wally more anyways.

Contests were introduced in RS. I don't see any reason why they wouldn't bring it back.
As for the Battle Tents. Probably. But those facilities only act as tutorials for the Frontier. You don't even earn BP in those...
I think you got berries.

Last edited:

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
A Shelgon in the E4 is pretty depressing though, I've got to admit...
You're right...
Let's give him a Garchomp instead because kids love fighting Garchomp right?
Or how about the original ******* dragon type Dragonite?

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor

Emerald has Contests, they're just all in Lilycove

I do not recall the "little battle house thingies" though. Probably because I barely remember Emerald.

I'm playing a ROM right now, since I never played through the storyline

they're Battle Tents, and they're like previews of Battle Frontier facilities

kinda eh, depends on the facility they're previewing

I think you got berries.

Slateport gives you a Full Heal, Verdanturf gives you a Nest Ball, Fallarbor gives you a Hyper Potion

Last edited:

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
I have no problem with the Hoenn Elite Four's teams tbh, so normally I'd be against this idea, but seeing her use a Froslass in OR/AS would be fine with me.

They should at least give Glacia a Froslass.

I mean, come on.

freezer1

Ice-type Fanatic
You're right...
Let's give him a Garchomp instead because kids love fighting Garchomp right?
Or how about the original ******* dragon type Dragonite?

Neither of those Pokemon are in the original Hoenn Dex. I was merely commenting on the lack of choice those types in the Elite 4 had in R/S/E, rather than the actual difficulty. But if Garchomp was to join Drake's roster in the E4 rematches, I'm all game!

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
You get a Full Heal, a Nest Ball, and a Hyper Potion as rewards from Slateport, Verdanturf, and Fallarbor Tents respectively... Kinda lame...

Sounds lame. I suppose I did not miss out on too much with those.
But for the full Battle Frontier, I am looking forward to it this time. I hope that it is included.

SoulsOfSilver

Well, if they DO bring back contests, then will they be like they were in Ruby and Sapphire? Or perhaps put in some newer elements that cater to the new style? I would absolutely love it if they took a page from the anime and added CONTEST BATTLES and some kind of Grand Festival.

I had an idea that they could bring back Pokemon-Amie, or something similar, but along with regular Pokemon food you could give rarer Pokeblocks or something else similar to raise attributes like Cuteness and such.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Well, if they DO bring back contests, then will they be like they were in Ruby and Sapphire? Or perhaps put in some newer elements that cater to the new style? I would absolutely love it if they took a page from the anime and added CONTEST BATTLES and some kind of Grand Festival.

I had an idea that they could bring back Pokemon-Amie, or something similar, but along with regular Pokemon food you could give rarer Pokeblocks or something else similar to raise attributes like Cuteness and such.

I would much prefer keeping them the same from the originals, but if they added something in addition, I would be willing to try that.
Combining Pokemon Amie with contest preparation? Eh, why not? (As long as it is not too complicated.)

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I really actually hope they do expand the regional dex. Cause really under 200 just seems to small :/ And I want Glacia to not have like half of her team being Sealeo and Glalie. They have the Shoal cave they could add some interesting Pokemon in there like Cubchoo or Bergmite. Also Drake has Shelgon which is pretty sad IMO, they really should put Skrelp in the dive spots with all the Seaweed being there, then Drake could have a Dragalge.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
As depressing as it was to see a Shelgon in the Elite 4, it's better than seeing two Dragonairs and a Dragonite on one team. If I'm not mistaken, FR/LG and HG/SS didn't change anything about E4 teams until the rematches, outside of movesets. I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case again, outside of maybe giving Froslass and Dusknoir for Glacia and Phoebe, respectively. Though there's a first time for everything.

Henraye

Toon Leader
As depressing as it was to see a Shelgon in the Elite 4, it's better than seeing two Dragonairs and a Dragonite on one team. If I'm not mistaken, FR/LG and HG/SS didn't change anything about E4 teams until the rematches, outside of movesets. I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case again, outside of maybe giving Froslass and Dusknoir for Glacia and Phoebe, respectively. Though there's a first time for everything.

That'd be nice. I always hate it when pokemon are repeated on a team

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner

These are some good points. If they do change the E4 rosters, it would probably been a small change like this.
(....Too many Dragonairs....)
But we do not know yet. They may make a few changes here or there.

Pilpulp

美的
I really actually hope they do expand the regional dex. Cause really under 200 just seems to small :/ And I want Glacia to not have like half of her team being Sealeo and Glalie. They have the Shoal cave they could add some interesting Pokemon in there like Cubchoo or Bergmite. Also Drake has Shelgon which is pretty sad IMO, they really should put Skrelp in the dive spots with all the Seaweed being there, then Drake could have a Dragalge.

I forget how far Shoal Cave is from Mossdeep, but they should move it up further a bit, have a connecting route, and transition the area around Shoal Cave into a cooler climate, with as someone said, like icy water, and perhaps small patches of snowy grass. Just to get more ice types going, but I doubt they would do that.

I hope pokemon follow you like in Hgss

Status
Not open for further replies.