• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Maybe this time, we have to go to Southern Island before the Lati start roaming around the region. Kind of like Cresselia or Mesprit.

This sounds like something they could do.
I would actually prefer something like this myself to some of the other things that they have done, especially concerning introducing a roaming legendary.

boisechris

The Strategist
It would be awesome if there was an event to go on the Mossdeep space shuttle and go to the moon where you see a beautiful meteor shower, and just as it ends, a meteor crashes only feet in front of you, and when you check it out, either Jirachi or Deoxys comes out of it and attacks.

Pilpulp

美的
It would be awesome if there was an event to go on the Mossdeep space shuttle and go to the moon where you see a beautiful meteor shower, and just as it ends, a meteor crashes only feet in front of you, and when you check it out, either Jirachi or Deoxys comes out of it and attacks.

I think Deoxys will stick with Birth Island and sadly Jirachi will stay event only.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Deoxys might stay event, too. It always has been. I don't see GF changing too many of their ways.

Yeah, I feel similar.
If they do end up releasing any of them by events, I just hope that it is like how they were done originally.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

I remember hearing a rumor that there was an event where you could ride the space shuttle to the moon and catch Deoxys there. It would be neat if they actually did something like that this time.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
Yeah, I feel similar.
If they do end up releasing any of them by events, I just hope that it is like how they were done originally.

Yeah. I want to hear my OR/AS remix of Battle! Deoxys! Do it, GF! That theme was reeking pure Epicness!!!!

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Yeah. I want to hear my OR/AS remix of Battle! Deoxys! Do it, GF! That theme was reeking pure Epicness!!!!

I want good remixes of all the Legendaries' battle music. Actually, I want good remixes of ALL important music in the games. I hope we get something like that as well.

Eph

Been throwing ideas around in my own head. For some reason the idea of them doing a later released remake of Emerald seems like a reasonable idea, if only due to this months sneak peek showing Groudon and Kyogre emerging from the same spot which seemingly debunk major plot elements from Emerald being used. I mean, if they do go an completely remake both Ruby and Sapphire without Emerald's plot, then I WOULD want them to make Emerald so I can experience THAT plot in 3D. I would totally just throw my wallet at them. Seems Farfetch'd, but if they really do want to keep breaking the mold in smallish but significant ways that'd be one: Remake an entire generation (barring remakes in that gen).

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Been throwing ideas around in my own head. For some reason the idea of them doing a later released remake of Emerald seems like a reasonable idea, if only due to this months sneak peek showing Groudon and Kyogre emerging from the same spot which seemingly debunk major plot elements from Emerald being used. I mean, if they do go an completely remake both Ruby and Sapphire without Emerald's plot, then I WOULD want them to make Emerald so I can experience THAT plot in 3D. I would totally just throw my wallet at them. Seems Farfetch'd, but if they really do want to keep breaking the mold in smallish but significant ways that'd be one: Remake an entire generation (barring remakes in that gen).

There wont be an Emerald remake, just like there wasn't a Blue or a Crystal remake. Elements from Emerald will be incorporated into OR/AS.

BCVM22

The sneak peak should not be taken as an indicator of anything but what it shows us. It tells us nothing about where it come from in the game or anything like that and no indicators of the sort should be taken from it.

We aren't getting an Emerald remake. They'll fold Emerald's elements into OR/AS just like they folded Crystal's unique elements into HG/SS.

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
What if we got an event Jirachi that was linked to a meteor shower event in the games? I want to see the games take advantage of the 3d effect and have stars rain through the dark violet sky. Maybe you have to collect a meteorite ad bring it over to Mosdeep Space Center for a special item/mega stone for Jirachi. You have to stop some stray Team Aqua/Magma grunts from trying to steal the meteorites/Jirachi in attempt to make their wish come true (making more water/land).

Or we can have Deoxys have its own event of something similar. Hoenn was really obsessed with space. Wish we could have seen more space elements out of it.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
plot twist: the Meteorite is accually Jirachi and Cozmo is evil

you battle him and his Deoxys to retrieve Jirachi

11/10 GOTY it's okay

Pilpulp

美的
I remember hearing a rumor that there was an event where you could ride the space shuttle to the moon and catch Deoxys there. It would be neat if they actually did something like that this time.

I remember when I was younger and the games came out I thought the different Deoxys forms were attacking Jirachi in space and you had to go save it. At least that's what my friend told me, and I believed it lol.

It'd it be crazy if they did something with space, but it seems just a little too crazy and unneeded even for the realm of pokemon at this point.

Although, I desire the creation trio to be in this game as the Weather Trio were in HG SS, so Palkia being the spatial pokemon, still no.

plot twist: the Meteorite is accually Jirachi and Cozmo is evil

you battle him and his Deoxys to retrieve Jirachi

11/10 GOTY it's okay

I sense the sarcasm but who's Cozmo?

Last edited:

boisechris

The Strategist

There were some major plot points in Emerald that I just loved that weren't in Ruby and Sapphire, and in all honesty, in my opinion Wallace is the true champion of Hoenn(Which doesn't necessarily make him the strongest trainer you'll face), and Stevan is the equivalent of Red in G/S/C/HG/SS. Emerald was amazing because unlike previous instalments this third games story line differs greatly from R/S. Emerald should be remade as Omicron Emerald.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I sense the sarcasm but who's Cozmo?

remember that guy in Meteor Falls who Magma/Aqua stole the Meteorite from to do bad stuff at Mt. Chimney

and then you beat them, take the Meteorite off the machine, and go back to Fallarbor to trade him back the Meteorite for a TM27 Return

Pilpulp

美的
remember that guy in Meteor Falls who Magma/Aqua stole the Meteorite from to do bad stuff at Mt. Chimney

and then you beat them, take the Meteorite off the machine, and go back to Fallarbor to trade him back the Meteorite for a TM27 Return
Oh yeah, him.

They need to change up all this helpless people thing in ORAS. Felt like peach being taken from bowser 10x over again.

Eph

While I do think it is unlikely, I'm not going to rule out anything or say something is in 100% "for realz" simply due to I don't know. For the sake of discussion, I think incorporating story elements from Crystal in HG/SS was easier due to it being a plot to better flesh out Suicune, Entei and Raikou. While in Emerald it was a much more drastic change to Hoenn's entire plot, where Team Magma and Aqua bring both box legends to the surface. It doesn't seem to outlandish to think they might do it simply as a way to make more money, I'm sure there are many more other than just myself who would be willing to buy it if Gamefreak & co. DID end up deciding to actually do something at all like that.

Also, just to nit-pick, despite it's being inspired by the anime, I can't help but think that Yellow would be the "complimentary third title" to R&G/B considering blue is only a thing because green was "ugly."

BCVM22

The original Blue had an upgraded game engine, new sprite set, better sound and remixed dungeons. It has far more in common with what we've since come to expect from third versions. Yellow was nothing more than a quick repurposing of the Kanto template to mimic elements of the anime and keep Pokémon on store shelves until Gold and Silver were ready.

Short version: Blue was the third version of Generation I, Yellow just another re-use of the template to keep the shelves warm.

ThePiggyRider

←Look at this Swinub
I think that Game Freak should lower the chances of finding shinies for Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby. They are just too easy to find in X and Y. Not only did they increase the shiny encounter rate; they raised the rate for the Masuda method, Poke Radar, along with adding new methods like Shiny Fishing and the Friend Safari Method. Shinies don't seem special anymore because EVERYONE HAS THEM.

I would also like to see a Pokewalker-like device. Instead of having the Pokenav, we should have the Poketch, as it has apps to choose from.

Status
Not open for further replies.