• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightFire7

Nah I'll stick with the elemental punches thank you very much. Having extra coverage is never a mistake. Conkeldurr is a prime example of that.

Anyway I hope we also get some 6th gen moves in the move tutors as well. Moonblast Togekiss needs to be a thing.

Lucille

baconrules

Ostrich master
Who is better, altaria, swellow, skarmory, or tropius

Mr.FusRoDah

I must say, I desire for it to be something more than a remake, but rather a revisit, sort of like the Post-game of HG and SS was a revisit to a revised Kanto. I also hope to see some new Megas for some of Hoenn's finest, such as Swampert and Sceptile. I also hope they bring in move tutors. Then again, who doesn't? I would like to have a certain Fairy-Electric Hamster gain some special Fairy goodness. I also expect it to be a blast and worth the birthday money I'm most likely going to put toward them both.

Tattooed Tooth

So many flags!
Nah I'll stick with the elemental punches thank you very much. Having extra coverage is never a mistake. Conkeldurr is a prime example of that.

Anyway I hope we also get some 6th gen moves in the move tutors as well. Moonblast Togekiss needs to be a thing.
Haha, I'm talking exactly about that. The punches give too much coverage to too many pokémon. I would like a more balanced game, I feel Conkeldurr is fine with what he got (+Knock Off I added). u.u

But yeah, some gen 6 moves could get a tutor spot too. =]

I must say, I desire for it to be something more than a remake, but rather a revisit, sort of like the Post-game of HG and SS was a revisit to a revised Kanto. I also hope to see some new Megas for some of Hoenn's finest, such as Swampert and Sceptile. I also hope they bring in move tutors. Then again, who doesn't? I would like to have a certain Fairy-Electric Hamster gain some special Fairy goodness. I also expect it to be a blast and worth the birthday money I'm most likely going to put toward them both.
You know, G/S/C also included an updated Kanto from gen 1...
But I agree, Swampert and Sceptile should get mega evolutions (and X/Y should get updated for any mega evolution added >.>).

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
Haha, I'm talking exactly about that. The punches give too much coverage to too many pokémon. I would like a more balanced game, I feel Conkeldurr is fine with what he got (+Knock Off I added). u.u

But yeah, some gen 6 moves could get a tutor spot too. =]

You know, G/S/C also included an updated Kanto from gen 1...
But I agree, Swampert and Sceptile should get mega evolutions (and X/Y should get updated for any mega evolution added >.>).

I don't think xy needs to get any update to include more mega evos but in all honesty id be ok with a patch that allows all versions to be compatible with each other in that sense even without being able to trade over a theoretical sceptile or swampertite

Tattooed Tooth

So many flags!
I don't think xy needs to get any update to include more mega evos but in all honesty id be ok with a patch that allows all versions to be compatible with each other in that sense even without being able to trade over a theoretical sceptile or swampertite
I'll get Alpha Sapphire, but I find it so annoying when one needs to get another game just to see the "more complete" metagame...

In gen 4: Wasn't it sad how incomplete Pokémon Battle Revolution was after all? Not to mention you can't battle D/P if you want to use non-ghost Rotom or Giratina-O/Shaymin-S.

This time we know they can update the first games. >_>

Murder Doll

Button Presser
I'll get Alpha Sapphire, but I find it so annoying when one needs to get another game just to see the "more complete" metagame...

In gen 4: Wasn't it sad how incomplete Pokémon Battle Revolution was after all? Not to mention you can't battle D/P if you want to use non-ghost Rotom or Giratina-O/Shaymin-S.

This time we know they can update the first games. >_>

But...if X/Y aren't complete how will they sell Z?

Tattooed Tooth

So many flags!
But...if X/Y aren't complete how will they sell Z?
My rant is meant for compatibility only.
Zygardite would be availabe only on Pokémon Z, of course (+ the tutors from ORAS, maybe even a Battle Frontier, etc.). <.<

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
I want to see a move tutor who can/will teach all of the former tm moves minus the one hit KO moves, because it would make certain pokemon "cough no guard machamp" "cough no guard golurk" "cough, cough" insanely overpowered

Pilpulp

美的
I expect move tutors to come back, I don't know to what degree, but I bet they will.

This is the first set of games where I'm probably gonna buy only one copy, which will be Alpha Sapphire.

On a different note:

Are we able to trade items throughout games they don't require transfer methods? E.g., X&Y --> ORAS, BW --> BW2

I wonder if we'll be able to trade Mega Stones like that.

Last edited:
I want to see a move tutor who can/will teach all of the former tm moves minus the one hit KO moves, because it would make certain pokemon "cough no guard machamp" "cough no guard golurk" "cough, cough" insanely overpowered

Sheer Cold, Fissure and Horn Drill dont make sense for either of those. Yeah, sure, Golurk is a ground type, but Gamefreak isnt dumb enough to make something that overpowered.

Crimson Impact

Probably already been said here in this thread a bunch of times, but as FANBOYISH as I'm about to get, I'll admit it: I want to see a mega Sceptile.

Akashin

On a different note:

Are we able to trade items throughout games they don't require transfer methods? E.g., X&Y --> ORAS, BW --> BW2

I wonder if we'll be able to trade Mega Stones like that.

You can trade items between BW and BW2, and you can trade Mega Stones between X and Y, so I see no reason to assume you won't be able to send them to ORAS. They won't do any good without the Ring though, so they may restrict access to Megas that way (if they intend to at all).

Crimson Impact

You can trade items between BW and BW2, and you can trade Mega Stones between X and Y, so I see no reason to assume you won't be able to send them to ORAS. They won't do any good without the Ring though, so they may restrict access to Megas that way (if they intend to at all).

Saying they don't give you mega something's post game.

shadowF

if sceptile and swampert get megaevolutions what do you guys think will be their typings?

Mr.FusRoDah

Saying they don't give you mega something's post game.

I hope Birch (or whoever is the professor in this one, since we have to consider the possibility this is a sequel to the R/S/E storyline) might hand one out as an "Imported gift straight from the Kalos region!" or something. I also expect to see some beautiful scenery. In 2d, Hoenn was beautiful enough for me to buy Sapphire from my brother's friend last year. (Well, that and the fact he really needed money for lunch that day and I wasn't gonna let his skinny white-boy arse go without food. Being hypoglycemic, I see that as cruel.) I expect in 3D it would be beautifil. I expect new stuff as well, since they advertised a brand new world and a dramatic story and all. I also hope it doesn't disappoint me, since I always pre-order at least one of the Pokemon games coming out at GameStop.

Status
Not open for further replies.