• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Nah I'll stick with the elemental punches thank you very much. Having extra coverage is never a mistake. Conkeldurr is a prime example of that.

Anyway I hope we also get some 6th gen moves in the move tutors as well. Moonblast Togekiss needs to be a thing.

Moonblast Togekiss would be just plain epic, yeah.

I expect move tutors to come back, I don't know to what degree, but I bet they will.

This is the first set of games where I'm probably gonna buy only one copy, which will be Alpha Sapphire.

On a different note:

Are we able to trade items throughout games they don't require transfer methods? E.g., X&Y --> ORAS, BW --> BW2

I wonder if we'll be able to trade Mega Stones like that.

Yes, you can, but you can't use Bank to transfer them.

Crimson Impact

I hope Birch (or whoever is the professor in this one, since we have to consider the possibility this is a sequel to the R/S/E storyline) might hand one out as an "Imported gift straight from the Kalos region!" or something. I also expect to see some beautiful scenery. In 2d, Hoenn was beautiful enough for me to buy Sapphire from my brother's friend last year. (Well, that and the fact he really needed money for lunch that day and I wasn't gonna let his skinny white-boy arse go without food. Being hypoglycemic, I see that as cruel.) I expect in 3D it would be beautifil. I expect new stuff as well, since they advertised a brand new world and a dramatic story and all. I also hope it doesn't disappoint me, since I always pre-order at least one of the Pokemon games coming out at GameStop.

*fist bumps*

Nockturne

I hope Birch (or whoever is the professor in this one, since we have to consider the possibility this is a sequel to the R/S/E storyline) might hand one out as an "Imported gift straight from the Kalos region!" or something. I also expect to see some beautiful scenery. In 2d, Hoenn was beautiful enough for me to buy Sapphire from my brother's friend last year. (Well, that and the fact he really needed money for lunch that day and I wasn't gonna let his skinny white-boy arse go without food. Being hypoglycemic, I see that as cruel.) I expect in 3D it would be beautifil. I expect new stuff as well, since they advertised a brand new world and a dramatic story and all. I also hope it doesn't disappoint me, since I always pre-order at least one of the Pokemon games coming out at GameStop.

No we don't, they have been confirmed to be straight remakes, same story, same characters. Unless they pull a Lyra and switch May/Brendan out.

shadowF

I would be happy with sceptile being grass/dragon type seeing as a lot of the moves it had in the 5th generation were dragon.

boisechris

The Strategist
I would be happy with sceptile being grass/dragon type seeing as a lot of the moves it had in the 5th generation were dragon.

Has there even been a grass/dragon typing before? Sure, that'd be cool, but I'd expect Pokemon to save that typing for a 7th gen game. Not to mention that it'd have a double weakness to Ice type.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Has there even been a grass/dragon typing before? Sure, that'd be cool, but I'd expect Pokemon to save that typing for a 7th gen game. Not to mention that it'd have a double weakness to Ice type.

Nope, never.

IDK if Sceptile's going to be the one to get it, he's not really that draconic (but then again, there is Mega Ampharos...), and I think that typing would be better for either Mega Serperior or an original species.

NotABeginningTrainer

I'm actually really looking forward to seeing what they do with the Champion music, the music that plays when you first talk to them not the battle theme. That's been one of my favourite Pokemon tracks.
That is a great track, but my favorite battle theme will always be Cynthia's.

Nockturne

Double weakness to ice is hardly uncommon, look at all the Dragon/Flying. I don't see why they'd wait for a new gen for a unique typing.

Yveltal96

A little more human
Double weakness to ice is hardly uncommon, look at all the Dragon/Flying. I don't see why they'd wait for a new gen for a unique typing.

That's what I was thinking. Not to mention that they are prone to SR but that doesn't stop pokemon like Salamance and Dragonite tearing up the competition

Oh you mean like Garchomp. Yeah, that 4x weakness really slows him down :p

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Probably already been said here in this thread a bunch of times, but as FANBOYISH as I'm about to get, I'll admit it: I want to see a mega Sceptile.

I think both Sceptile and Swampert deserve Mega Evolutions. Not that I'd use either of them myself, but Blaziken got one in X/Y, so I don't see why those two can't get them in OR/AS.

I don't think they'll release new Mega-Evos, save for the official reveal of Mega Lati@s. I think they'll wait until they release an entirely new generation for things like that. That's akin to creating entirely new Pokémon, which I don't think they'd do for a remake, even one as highly-anticipated and highly-requested as this one. It'd be nice, sure, but I don't think they'd go through all the trouble for it.

As for gym leaders' rosters, please no Claydol/Xatu on Tate and Liza, that combo was my bane in the original Emerald! I tried so many times to beat them, overlevelled by a ton, and STILL couldn't so much as lay a smudge on their Claydol that they couldn't wipe away with a potion or Recover! The only time I was ever able to beat them was when I used cheats, and I can't do that anymore with a 3DS.

On the subject of move tutors, I'd like to see vital ex-TMs make a comeback. Things like Dragon Pulse, Stealth Rock, etc., should return because they're powerful, commonly-used moves that are metagame staples. However, GF likes to fill the move tutors' shops up with useless noob moves that serve only to try to waste your hard-earned shards. They should fix that problem in ORAS, but they likely won't.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
I don't think they'll release new Mega-Evos, save for the official reveal of Mega Lati@s. I think they'll wait until they release an entirely new generation for things like that. That's akin to creating entirely new Pokémon, which I don't think they'd do for a remake, even one as highly-anticipated and highly-requested as this one. It'd be nice, sure, but I don't think they'd go through all the trouble for it.

I agree. While I wouldn't be too surprised if they did add in a Mega Sceptile and a Mega Swampert (although that's the most that I could see them doing), I am not expecting anything more than the Mega Eon duo.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
You know how Kyogre and Groudon look different on the box art? I think that they might have a slightly different form change that is activated when their ability is activated or when it is raining/sunny. You would probably have to have them hold a item for the form change... I thought about this and well decided to share thought it was interesting enough ^.^

Nockturne

Mega evo's are a tricky one though. I agree they'd never introduce brand new Pokémon in a remake, but do new mega's count as brand new Pokémon, in the same way totally original monsters do?

I dunno I can see them getting away with slipping a couple of new megas in. For instance if we didn't know about Mega Latias and Latios then they'd be brand new mega's. Plus there is the probability of Mega Zygarde, soo I dunno. It's tricky.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
You know how Kyogre and Groudon look different on the box art? I think that they might have a slightly different form change that is activated when their ability is activated or when it is raining/sunny. You would probably have to have them hold a item for the form change... I thought about this and well decided to share thought it was interesting enough ^.^

I think you're probably right about them being triggered by their Abilities. It has been speculated that they are merely aesthetic forms, but I just don't see that. They're making too big of a deal out of them.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I think you're probably right about them being triggered by their Abilities. It has been speculated that they are merely aesthetic forms, but I just don't see that. They're making too big of a deal out of them.

A lot of people are also saying that they just emphasized their appearance on the box to make it look more "appealing." But, why would they add those random glowing spots on Kyogre like that? And make Groudon more "Lava-Like." I have a feeling that's why they showed us that little clip on Sunday.

BCVM22

I agree they'd never introduce brand new Pokémon in a remake, but do new mega's count as brand new Pokémon, in the same way totally original monsters do?

It's not that we can say for absolute sure, given where we are in history, but the same issues do arise, namely the issue of how you work compatibility. X/Y have the data they have and that's it. If you introduce new Mega Evolutions in OR/AS, how can you make it compatible with X/Y, which don't have the data for the new Mega Evolutions nor for the new Mega Stones they would require?

Formes are a different matter. You can forbid gamers from taking a certain hold item into a linked battle, or you can ensure that the initial games have just enough data that says "[Pokémon X] will appear in other games with potentially different base stats, typing and/or moves, and this is okay". They've done this in the past. They certainly wouldn't restrict linked play by forbidding you from carrying any Mega Stones into a linked battle.

The next question that arises, "well, they can just patch X/Y, can't they?" Certainly, they have that ability now more so than in the past. But we haven't seen them use that ability for anything but fixes and there's nothing that says they would use it to modify the game's actual content aftermarket. And if that is their intent, why bother including Mega Latios/Latias but none of the other future Mega Evolutions?

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod

Especially given the fact that GetTV specifically pointed out that Groudon/Kyogre looked different on the box art than in the footage, I'll be surprised if they're just aesthetic forms. I don't think they'd be making a big deal of that if it was just aesthetic, but that's just what I think. Otherwise, the terminology being the same as that initially used for Black/White Kyurem and Mega Mewtwo Y makes me doubt they're just aesthetic changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.