• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rinni

Hero of the Storm
I know I'm possibly shooting myself in the foot here with disagreements, but I would honestly be happy if Mega Evolution/s remained unique to X and Y. I kinda don't want it in the remakes to be quite honest. I love the idea, but within a remake I think it'd be weird to tie in. I don't know. That's just me and my opinion.

EDIT: I know this wont happen since the unconfirmed/announced Lati mega stones are roaming around.

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I know I'm possibly shooting myself in the foot here with disagreements, but I would honestly be happy if Mega Evolution/s remained unique to X and Y. I kinda don't want it in the remakes to be quite honest. I love the idea, but within a remake I think it'd be weird to tie in. I don't know. That's just me and my opinion.

EDIT: I know this wont happen since the unconfirmed/announced Lati mega stones are roaming around.
I kind of understand that. As much as I'd love new mega evolutions, it kind of wouldn't make sense to have new ones appearing in the Hoenn region since both the games and anime blatantly pointed out on how they only appear in Kalos though I'll change my tone once Gen VII rolls around

Going a little off topic, one thing I'm curious about is what the status bar will say for pokémon that were transferred from the original Ruby & Sapphire games. I'm sure they'll just more than likely say they came a long way to the Hoenn region from the Hoenn region, but I think it'd be cool if they said they came from the distant past or something

Last edited:

groudon300

I can see the "new forms" having something to do with the names of the remakes... i'm very bad at Paint, not to mention Photoshop. But i'll like to point out that the glowing area in Kyogre's fin looks like an "Alpha" (greek alphabet), and the glowing mark in Groudon's arm does look like an "Omega"... Have this been pointed out?

BCVM22

It has been pointed out a few times, yes.

As a general rule, if there's anything about the box arts to be noticed, it has been.

Rinni

Hero of the Storm
I kind of understand that. As much as I'd love new mega evolutions, it kind of wouldn't make sense to have new ones appearing in the Hoenn region since both the games and anime blatantly pointed out on how they only appear in Kalos though I'll change my tone once Gen VII rolls around

Going a little off topic, one thing I'm curious about is what the status bar will say for pokémon that were transferred from the original Ruby & Sapphire games. I'm sure they'll just more than likely say they came a long way to the Hoenn region from the Hoenn region, but I think it'd be cool if they said they came from the distant past or something

Yeah, honestly I think moving forward, by all means add more/keep the Mega Evolution theme. I just don't know how it will tie into ORAS. I am not opposed to a slight form change though some of you may say, well what is the true difference between a form change and mega evolutions. I do feel like a mega evolution should require more than just the ring and the stone. Maybe max friendship could have made it feel more "real" to me. At the end of the day it wont bother me too much if megas make it into ORAS, as long as they tie it into the story properly then I'll be happy. I've been waiting for a gen III remake for a long time, it is my favourite generation, so they'd have to stuff it up pretty severe for me not to be happy with the overall outcome of the game. Im excited nonetheless.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

Never mind Mega Evolutions; what about the Fairy-type?

Actually, I heard an interesting idea about that the other day. If they wanted to put forth the effort to work around characters who shouldn't know about the Fairy-type being in the presence of the Fairy-type, they could do it like a subtle Call Forward and have characters like Birch off-handedly mention that their research is showing some inconsistencies with certain kinds of Pokémon like Ralts and Marill in that they are reacting to, say, Poison-types in unexpected ways.

It has the downside of not explaining things clearly for new players, but their continuity game would be hella strong.

Snivy18

I hope they can transfer all the Megas from X and Y over to OR and AS. That'd be really cool for the people who didn't experience with X and Y.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Never mind Mega Evolutions; what about the Fairy-type?

Actually, I heard an interesting idea about that the other day. If they wanted to put forth the effort to work around characters who shouldn't know about the Fairy-type being in the presence of the Fairy-type, they could do it like a subtle Call Forward and have characters like Birch off-handedly mention that their research is showing some inconsistencies with certain kinds of Pokémon like Ralts and Marill in that they are reacting to, say, Poison-types in unexpected ways.

It has the downside of not explaining things clearly for new players, but their continuity game would be hella strong.

I think they'll just teat Fairy types here the same way they treated Steel and Dark types in FR/LG and just retcon them so it fits in the same timeline as X & Y

Last edited:

Crixler

A Really Cool Person
I think they'll just teat Fairy types here the same way they treated Steel and Dark types in FR/LG and just retcon them so it fits in the same timeline as X & Y

While I agree that it most likely won't acknowledge the Fairy issue, it was very recently confirmed that RSE takes place years before XY. Why would they say that now if it's about to no longer be true? If there is a retcon, it would be to when fairy type was discovered, not to when the games take place.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

I suppose that would be the easiest way of handling the Fairy-type's introduction in OR/AS. It would certainly save GF the effort of explaining its discovery in the new games.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

This. They're probably not going to comment much on the existence of Fairy types.

Well, yeah, chances are that they'll just gloss over it, but I mean, what if?

Riskybiscuit

I think it's entirely possible that they could set these remakes specifically after the events of X and Y. Nothing would really have to change, but I wouldn't be surprised if they began connecting their games a lot better, like the amount of people in Kalos that said something about other regions. But id rather them just not mention it at all than say that fairy types have always been there, after all they could have said that in X and Y, but they're newly discovered so it seems kinda dumb to retcon something that's not that old and that could have been set up to go smoother, like they could have said any reason and then not have to explain it in these games, so they're either gonna give a better reason or they're gonna just ignore it and no one will say anything about fairy types.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Well, yeah, chances are that they'll just gloss over it, but I mean, what if?

Well, one potential venue that they could use is that they notice there's something different about Pokémon like Clefairy and Jigglypuff, but can't identify it due to lack of knowledge on the subject. So then they dive into their studies to find out why this Pokémon is different from what they understand at that point in time. That idea would allow them to give attention to the type without reconning the story and timeline, the mechanic would still be there, but they don't understand it in the story itself, and also sets up a launching point for its discovery in XY.

Of course, this assumes that they would address that issue and not just ignore it completely as if it's an unexplainable phenomenon that they aren't drawing attention to.

water trainer

Knuckle Trainer
OR they could treat it like Fairy type has always existed with these Pokemon, I reeeeeeeeeally don't think they would take away the fairy type and change pokemon back to the types they were before XY, it would just confuse new players and kinda mess things up.

I don't think they care about timelines in Pokemon, these are remakes yes, but it doesn't mean it has to follow a timeline to X&Y. These games won't have any significance to the timeline, R/S/E do, not OR/AS.

Ti4558

I really hope we get megas during the story.

Morty05

Ghost-type trainer
OR they could treat it like Fairy type has always existed with these Pokemon, I reeeeeeeeeally don't think they would take away the fairy type and change pokemon back to the types they were before XY, it would just confuse new players and kinda mess things up.

I don't think they care about timelines in Pokemon, these are remakes yes, but it doesn't mean it has to follow a timeline to X&Y. These games won't have any significance to the timeline, R/S/E do, not OR/AS.

not to mention that it would not make them compatible with X and Y.

Stymie