• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ti4558

There's an extremely good chance that all current fairy types will remain the same in these new games.

Morty05

Ghost-type trainer
There's an extremely good chance that all current fairy types will remain the same in these new games.

thank goodness... I quite like new Fairy types and I would be much UPSET that they would go away in our new game.

Bardische

Elegance.
thank goodness... I quite like new Fairy types and I would be much UPSET that they would go away in our new game.

I don't think it's even an issue that they're going to keep the Fairy-types. They've already introduced so much moves and retypings and discovered Pokemon that carry it. They're not going to suddenly remove Sylveon from existence, so you don't have to worry about Fairy-types not being there.

Edit: To anybody who saw that, nvm that was FR/LG lol

R_N

Why on earth would you think they'd take this away

Even FRLG, the game that adhered to gen 1 so hard it disallowed any sort of interaction with gen 2 or other gen 3 games, kept the dark type on moves and kept Magnemite as part steel type.

This is almost as dumb a fear as thinking day/night & kanto weren't returning in HGSS

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
I don't think they care about timelines in Pokemon, these are remakes yes, but it doesn't mean it has to follow a timeline to X&Y. These games won't have any significance to the timeline, R/S/E do, not OR/AS.

Maybe not, but that doesn't mean we can't speculate on the hypothetical situation that they do, no?

Ti4558

Maybe not, but that doesn't mean we can't speculate on the hypothetical situation that they do, no?

Well even if they did they would have to change the pokemon back to the fairy type or else they couldn't bring in the new fairy types from x. & y.

Arcanineblitz

Do people really think that theyll go through the trouble of making a new type just to have it go away in the next game? Same thing with mega evolutions, this is a remake but the whole point of remakes is to revisit the old games and set them to current gen standards. Be it post game or during regular play there will be mega evolutions and ralts and all fairy pokemon found in the game will retain their current typing.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Well even if they did they would have to change the pokemon back to the fairy type or else they couldn't bring in the new fairy types from x. & y.

That's not what's being suggested at all. The idea that I'm assuming you're referring to was that the type would be present in terms of mechanics and the like, but not named in story. Essentially, it'd be an unknown factor that the characters in the game can't identify, but for gameplay purposes it's still the same as it was in XY.

Of course, as was said before, it's just an idea that's being thrown out, nothing more, nothing less.

Last edited:

Eeveemaster

Amemoth Fan :D
As I mentioned before, I think fairy type and to some extent Mega evolution will be present in these remakes. Judging by the phrase used in the advertisement "experience a dramatic new world". Meaning the Pokemon gained fairy typing in X & Y will keep their new type.

BCVM22

I don't think anyone is seriously suggesting that the Fairy-type and/or Mega Evolution won't be present in these games or that Game Freak is going to feel any need to bend over backwards to explain their presence, on the basis that it might upset the tissue-thin continuity they've never once worried about.

Somehow it became a discussion of "okay but WHAT IF" and people are basically just writing fanfictions describing ways they might omit one/both of the elements in question.

Ti4558

I don't think anyone is seriously suggesting that the Fairy-type and/or Mega Evolution won't be present in these games or that Game Freak is going to feel any need to bend over backwards to explain their presence, on the basis that it might upset the tissue-thin continuity they've never once worried about.

Somehow it became a discussion of "okay but WHAT IF" and people are basically just writing fanfictions describing ways they might omit one/both of the elements in question.

I agree in the end we all know that fairy pokemon will keep their new typing.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
This is called Game Mechanics. As much as they are remakes, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are 6th Generation made-up games. Obviously, mega-evolutions and Fairy type's existence will not be removed. Even, Mega-Lati@s' have not been officially introduced and probably, waiting their official introduction with OR/AS.

On the other hand, in X/Y, it is said that the Fairy Type's been discovered 3000 years ago. That also means Fairy Type was in Hoenn at that time as well, but they didn't bring it up when they were first released the R/S/E.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
On the other hand, in X/Y, it is said that the Fairy Type's been discovered 3000 years ago. That also means Fairy Type was in Hoenn at that time as well, but they didn't bring it up when they were first released the R/S/E.

No, in XY it was stated that the Fairy-type was only recently discovered.

At any rate, BCVM22 is right. I was not in any way trying to suggest that the Fairy-type or Mega Evolutions should or will be removed. I was simply considering the possibility of them somehow subtly addressing the presence of such elements while still maintaining continuity with XY. Obviously, they are under no obligation to do so, and in all likelihood, the contradiction will be ignored entirely just as it was with the Steel- and Dark-types in FRLG. But, they've surprised us before, so I thought that it might have been worth pondering.

Last edited:

HoennMaster

If they do include mega evolution, I'd want something other than a mega ring. The mega glove is pretty cool

giving us the option of what Mega Accessory we want would be awesome.

While I agree that it most likely won't acknowledge the Fairy issue, it was very recently confirmed that RSE takes place years before XY.

It was always known that X and Y take place years after RSE.

I think it's entirely possible that they could set these remakes specifically after the events of X and Y. Nothing would really have to change

...Except the entire timeline itself.

Ti4558

I don't really think the timeline will really make a huge impact on the new games .

Ti4558

But usually they are very minor.

Riskybiscuit

...Except the entire timeline itself.

I meant that they could make the remakes specifically, not the originals set after X and Y, which if they want to add new post game content and stuff they totally could. I mean it definitely treads into Sequel territory and we know they're remakes, so they'll probably just not talk about fairy type at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.