• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
They are RS remakes.
RS Champion= Steven.
OR/AS= RS Remakes
STEVEN CONFIRMED!

Sounds like it should be true, but even though I highly suspect it will be Steven, I am waiting for more information.

Aetius

Yes! I would love if they turn Ryukyu Islands into a region like they did it with the Izu islands in FR/LG. Ryukyu would be east/right of the Pokemon League, so it would be perfect, right?

Damn, turning the Ryukyu islands in new areas would be cool indeed.
We speculated a lot about islands becoming new areas to explore. :D

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Damn, turning the Ryukyu islands in new areas would be cool indeed.
We speculated a lot about islands becoming new areas to explore. :D

Yes, we have.
There are several unused islands in Hoenn that could be used now.
But new islands that are completely new? Fine with me.

Last edited:

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
They are RS remakes.
RS Champion= Steven.
OR/AS= RS Remakes
STEVEN CONFIRMED!

You obviously don't understand that Emerald will be incorporated into these games which could mean Wallace is Champion. It's like 50% chance Steven is Champion and 50% Wallace because both were Champions throughout RSE.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
You obviously don't understand that Emerald will be incorporated into these games which could mean Wallace is Champion. It's like 50% chance Steven is Champion and 50% Wallace because both were Champions throughout RSE.

Exactly. I sure hope it is Steven, but we cannot be sure until we get more information.

May I ask why everyone specifically wants something a la Ryukyu Islands? Is it the shape, or something else? Just curious.

I think Brandon should be a part of the Regi storyline, if there is one - which I'm genuinely hopeful for, post-game. And islands. Islands!

mykalriley

@pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
I'm certain I am to be slaughtered for such thoughts and questions, but why is it not a possibility that we could see
new Pokémon? Perhaps pre-vo's, new evolutions, or the much discussed new mega's? I understand that this is a remake,
but isn't the point of a remake to remake it? To add new and exciting things to an already great game?

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
May I ask why everyone specifically wants something a la Ryukyu Islands? Is it the shape, or something else? Just curious.

I think Brandon should be a part of the Regi storyline, if there is one - which I'm genuinely hopeful for, post-game. And islands. Islands!

ALL the islands!
But adding a character to make a Regi storyline? Sure. They do need an actual storyline really.

nuzamaki90

Does anyone else want the Battle Tents to make a return? The Battle Tents to me felt like mini-tournaments that really tested you in preparation for the Battle Frontier and I really found them fun. In Emerald they replaced most Contest locations, but how cool would it be to include Contests and Battle Tents?

Also, seeing how Wallace is in the Champion category of the PWT and ORAS coming out makes it the new Hoenn canon, I think Wallace will be the Champion since it will inevitably include things from Emerald.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
They have more backstory than most other legends, though

True.
Perhaps they could five storylines to more of the gen III ones like that as well.

Does anyone else want the Battle Tents to make a return? The Battle Tents to me felt like mini-tournaments that really tested you in preparation for the Battle Frontier and I really found them fun. In Emerald they replaced most Contest locations, but how cool would it be to include Contests and Battle Tents?

Also, seeing how Wallace is in the Champion category of the PWT and ORAS coming out makes it the new Hoenn canon, I think Wallace will be the Champion since it will inevitably include things from Emerald.

I highly see it being Steven, but we cannot know yet, even with things from the past that could be considered evidence.

ALL the islands!
But adding a character to make a Regi storyline? Sure. They do need an actual storyline really.

Interestingly, seeing as they lie between 2 countries, something like the Ryukyu Islands could be what lies between Hoenn and another region? Just a thought.

And yeah, I'd love to see something like that. Brandon makes sense too, you know, seeing as he has the Regi trio. How that could be incorporated into a workable story I'm not sure, but it'd add more to the post-game!

Isn't Steven in there too? I'd still like the champion to be Wallace though, just for some weird personal reason (although Steven seems to have a more diverse team), and Steven could work as a major supporting character throughout the game. Though I guess he could be that AND a Champion too. I just wonder what Wallace's role would be then, as I'd definitely like to see Juan as the Sootopolis Gym Leader.

Isn't Steven in there too? I'd still like the champion to be Wallace though, just for some weird personal reason (although Steven seems to have a more diverse team), and Steven could work as a major supporting character throughout the game. Though I guess he could be that AND a Champion too. I just wonder what Wallace's role would be then, as I'd definitely like to see Juan as the Sootopolis Gym Leader.

Contest Boss? A return, an improvement, of contests could make this credible, and he is a contest master in more ways than one. I doubt we'd have two people - Wallace and Juan, in either order - in the Pokémon League with the same type; it just wouldn't make much sense. Steven, for me, is a near-perfect champion.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner

Some of us have been suggesting that Juan or Wallace could be a sidequest person. Some ideas were things like a contest entrant, a legendary sidequest NPC, a mainline storyline helper, etc.
Whatever happens, I would like for both of them to stay in the games, but have neither as the champion. (I still prefer Steven for that.)

DR.gonzo

hoping for more post game activities available this time round ,

a desire of mine would be to have all Gym leaders available for rematches ,
i don't know if it can be added to the coding , but id like to see each gym leader maybe
having a roster of around 15 different pokemon each, and its randomised each battle .
say have gym leaders 1-5 available once each day of the week (Mon-Fri) if successful at beating
all 5 , you open up the chance to battle gym leader 6&7 on saturday and sunday . once again
if successful and beating these 2, and the 5 previous the 8th gym leader will become available on
the sunday for an extra battle . i want good solid teams with decent levels . and a good A.I .

More random rematches with various people whom you've met while traveling would be cool also,
they come available to battle after you've become Champion , and they see how far you've come and
challenge you . again good teams with 4+ pokes , high levels .

A massive portion of the Gen I,II & III pokedex available between the 2 version (386?) minus a few event legendaries .

don't know how they will involve the newer generations and their pokemon , maybe some islands that are like the sevii islands ,
where on each island they have built pal park/safari zones , built like jurassic park, were they have created mini tropics that resemble their
native regions , and we can either find and capture or connect to our own Pokebank and obtain pokemon we want from other generations .

and give me MEW in game . I've had enough finding Mewtwo in every region nearly,

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
On the topic of rematch teams, here's what I expect them to be like:

Roxanne: Golem Lv. 60, Gigalith Lv. 61, Aerodactyl Lv. 62, Cradily Lv. 63, Armaldo Lv. 64, Probopass Lv. 65
Brawly: Machamp Lv. 60, Medicham Lv. 61, Poliwrath Lv. 62, Heracross Lv. 63, Hitmontop Lv. 64, Hariyama Lv. 65
Wattson: Electrode Lv. 60, Magnezone Lv. 61, Eelektross Lv. 62, Galvantula Lv. 63, Heliolisk Lv. 64, Manectric Lv. 65
Flannery: Darmanitan Lv. 60, Ninetales Lv. 61, Talonflame Lv. 62, Torkoal Lv. 63, Houndoom Lv. 64, Camerupt Lv. 65
Norman: Stoutland Lv. 60, Zangoose Lv. 61, Tauros Lv. 62, Exploud Lv. 63, Snorlax Lv. 64, Slaking Lv. 65
Winona: Noctowl Lv. 60, Swellow Lv. 61, Skarmory Lv. 62, Togekiss Lv. 63, Dragonite Lv. 64, Altaria Lv. 65
Tate & Liza: Meowtic (male) Lv. 60, Meowstic (female) Lv. 60, Solrock Lv. 62, Lunatone Lv. 62, Gallade Lv. 65, Gardevoir Lv. 65
Wallace: Ludicololo Lv. 60, Gastrodon Lv. 61, Alomomola Lv. 62, Mantine Lv. 63, Waillord Lv. 64, Milotic Lv. 65
Juan: Dewgong Lv. 60, Whiscash Lv. 61, Politoed Lv. 62, Clawitzer Lv. 63, Crawdaunt Lv. 64, Kingdra Lv. 65
Sidney: Mightyena Lv. 68, Scrafty Lv. 68, Sharpedo Lv. 69, Krookodile Lv. 69, Drapion Lv. 69, Absol Lv. 71
Phoebe: Banette Lv. 70, Spiritomb Lv. 70, Gourgeist Lv. 71, Jellicent Lv. 71, Chandelure Lv. 71, Dusknoir Lv. 73
Glacia: Vanilluxe Lv. 72, Lapras Lv. 72, Aurorus Lv. 73, Glalie Lv. 73, Froslass Lv. 73, Walrein Lv. 75
Drake: Druddigon Lv. 74, Dragalge Lv. 74, Kingdra Lv. 75, Hydreigon Lv. 75, Garchomp Lv. 75, Salamence Lv. 77
Steven: Skarmory Lv. 77, Forretress Lv. 77, Bastiodon Lv. 78, Excadrill Lv. 78, Metagross/Aggron Lv. 78, Mega Aggron/Mega Metagross Lv. 80

Status
Not open for further replies.