• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Wallace and Juan have the exact same credentials...
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Wallace
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Juan

IMO..
Steven for Champion and/or Mega Stone guy.
Juan as E4 or Gym Leader (depending on position of Wallace; if Wallace is the Gym Leader, Juan could be a super strong trainer who resides in Sootopolis that is only battleable post-game? Or as a co-ordinator).
Wallace as Gym Leader or Master Co-ordinator.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Well, Wallace and Juan have the exact same credentials...
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Wallace
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Juan

IMO..
Steven for Champion and/or Mega Stone guy.
Juan as E4 or Gym Leader (depending on position of Wallace; if Wallace is the Gym Leader, Juan could be a super strong trainer who resides in Sootopolis that is only battleable post-game? Or as a co-ordinator).
Wallace as Gym Leader or Master Co-ordinator.

Steven as champion-I agree. Megastone guy? Sure, he fits that role well.
Juan as gym leader-If Wallace is just some postgame trainer/contest coordinator, sure.
Wallace as gym leader-Same as above.
I would like to see one of them as something new, like a postgame rebattleable trainer or contest coordinator. That would feel much more refreshing.

Thure

May I ask why everyone specifically wants something a la Ryukyu Islands? Is it the shape, or something else? Just curious.

I think Brandon should be a part of the Regi storyline, if there is one - which I'm genuinely hopeful for, post-game. And islands. Islands!

Hoenn based on Kyūshū Island. And Ryukyu is directly South of Kyushu (and even part of the Kyushu region). For me this would work very well as something like Sevii Islands.

Interestingly, seeing as they lie between 2 countries, something like the Ryukyu Islands could be what lies between Hoenn and another region? Just a thought.

And yeah, I'd love to see something like that. Brandon makes sense too, you know, seeing as he has the Regi trio. How that could be incorporated into a workable story I'm not sure, but it'd add more to the post-game!

Hm... So the next game could play in Taiwan? :D

Last edited:
Hoenn based on Kyūshū Island. And Ryukyu is directly South of Kyushu (and even part of the Kyushu region)

Hm... So the next game could play in Taiwan? :D

I thought so. And actually a few small islands (obviously not too small; big enough for a few towns) and a larger island would be quite interesting. But Taiwan? Sure, why not?

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
tbh I'm hoping they don't do Emerald's Battle Frontier exactly

imo Palace and Arena are bullcrap, dump them and replace them with either stuff from Sinnoh or something unique

Breeder_Noah

Pokémon Breeder
My desires for the new pokemon game:

1) Valoo mentioned this before, but a difficulty setting right at the beginning. That would be excellent!
2) Post game stories. I really enjoyed the looker arch on X&Y but I was disappointed that that was the only other post story line after the main one. Maybe some DLC could have other story lines/ adventures that we can complete and at the end of the stories, rare items or pokemon or mega stones? I'd just really like the game play to keep going.
3) trainer customization, of course!
4) A bigger map. Just like HG & SS there was johto and kanto, and I understand that the duo region option is unique to that game, but just like many others, the option to explore around a huge land mass would be awesome! and i think it would play out nicely my idea for DLC stories. maybe DLC regions???
5) contests, I think the game makers could really do some amazing stuff with the 3D in contests. Maybe they could do duo pokemon contests too, like in the show and have a combination move section? i dunno.
6) of course, secret bases are amazing! to expand on that would be great! (also when you traded info on the orginal games your friends would appear in your base and you could battle with them and get real experience! if you exchange friend codes, your friends could appear and battle you again for real experience! OMG)

Well, if they're going to have Steven as the Champion, I guess I'd rather see Wallace as the Sootopolis gym leader to keep up with the original R/S games. But that leaves Juan... who I guess could work as a post-game character or something. Ahhh well, I don't know, it's really not a big issue haha, I'm actually fine with either Steven or Wallace being the Champion, and either Wallace or Juan being the gym leader.

Maybe they'll mix things up big time and have Wallace and Juan work as a tag team! Hahaha, maybe not, seeing as we've got Tate & Liza as gym leaders already.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
I'm certain I am to be slaughtered for such thoughts and questions, but why is it not a possibility that we could see
new Pokémon? Perhaps pre-vo's, new evolutions, or the much discussed new mega's? I understand that this is a remake,
but isn't the point of a remake to remake it? To add new and exciting things to an already great game?

That's what I wanna know. I feel as though the problem with these forums is that no one believes that GF will break a pattern. I say anything is possible until told otherwise. Personally, I believe in more megas appearing. I don't see more evos or pre-evos, but that's just me having a feeling. It could easily go either way.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Well, if they're going to have Steven as the Champion, I guess I'd rather see Wallace as the Sootopolis gym leader to keep up with the original R/S games. But that leaves Juan... who I guess could work as a post-game character or something. Ahhh well, I don't know, it's really not a big issue haha, I'm actually fine with either Steven or Wallace being the Champion, and either Wallace or Juan being the gym leader.

Maybe they'll mix things up big time and have Wallace and Juan work as a tag team! Hahaha, maybe not, seeing as we've got Tate & Liza as gym leaders already.

I would prefer Wallace over Juan for Sootopolis gym leader. Juan can be some rebattleable postgame trainer/contest NPC/etc. I would not like them to cut him though.

mykalriley

@pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
That's what I wanna know. I feel as though the problem with these forums is that no one believes that GF will break a pattern. I say anything is possible until told otherwise. Personally, I believe in more megas appearing. I don't see more evos or pre-evos, but that's just me having a feeling. It could easily go either way.

This. ^^
I understand that there are patterns, whether created by GF or pieced together by the fanbase, but as far as I can see, especially after XY, we really don't know what is going to happen

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
Or they could go like this: Juan's the Sootopolis Gym Leader, then Steven's the Champion. After you defeat Steven for the first time, Wallace comes and replaces him. Then Steven can be found in Meteor Falls much stronger than before and be able to be re-battled.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

BW2 says hi, that broke nearly every pattern ever. And guess what? That game came after HGSS, so it's possible that their design philosophy for remakes has changed since then. Now how likely is it that this game will be a pattern breaker? That's another issue entirely.

As for Wallace/Juan, I think they'll just make them version exclusive gym leaders a la Drayden/Iris in BW1. Although unlike those two, Wallace/Juan might have different rosters between versions.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Or they could go like this: Juan's the Sootopolis Gym Leader, then Steven's the Champion. After you defeat Steven for the first time, Wallace comes and replaces him. Then Steven can be found in Meteor Falls much stronger than before and be able to be re-battled.

This is a different idea, but I still prefer Steven myself.
For this to work, they might need some storyline as to why Steven would leave as well (which could be pretty interesting).

Cahlum

I honestly can't see Steven being the champion, it just leaves Wallace in limbo.

It will be far easier just to have Steven as the Red of the game like he was in Emerald. High level trainers to help train pokemon is always good.

Aetius

I don't know if I'm expressing well my thoughts, but whatever....
I can't see GF introducing new Pokèmon in a game that already came out and even less in a remake.
Besides I think it would be counterproductive for them to start putting new Pokèmon in a game that still has features introduced in the 6th gen....
I

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
I honestly can't see Steven being the champion, it just leaves Wallace in limbo.

It will be far easier just to have Steven as the Red of the game like he was in Emerald. High level trainers to help train pokemon is always good.

Steven not being champion-A possibility, but we cannot know yet.
A high level rebattleable trainer-I feel the same. Trainers like that help training. I myself would prefer someone else, but who knows?

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
This is a different idea, but I still prefer Steven myself.
For this to work, they might need some storyline as to why Steven would leave as well (which could be pretty interesting).

Maybe after the League, there can be an arc similar to the Looker sub quests in X/Y where you hear from Steven that his job as Champion doesn't allow him to spend much time looking for rare stones and look around Hoenn for his replacement, so he can go back to his hobby while still being a powerful Trainer.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Rematch Teams, huh...?
Roxanne: Golem Lv. 61, Carbink Lv. 63, Crustle Lv. 62, Omastar Lv. 60, Kabutops Lv. 60, Probopass Lv. 65
Brawly: Machamp Lv. 61, Pangoro Lv. 63, Mienshao Lv. 60, Poliwrath Lv. 61, Breloom Lv. 61, Hariyama Lv. 65
Wattson: Electrode Lv. 61, Heliolisk Lv. 63, Eelektross Lv. 60, Luxray Lv. 60, Magnezone Lv. 62, Manectric Lv. 65
Flannery: Ninetales Lv. 61, Talonflame Lv. 63, Chandelure Lv. 62, Magcargo Lv. 60, Camerupt Lv. 60, Torkoal Lv. 65
Norman: Snorlax Lv. 61, Pyroar Lv. 63, Cinccino Lv. 62, Spinda Lv. 60, Exploud Lv. 60, Slaking Lv. 65
Winona: Skarmory Lv. 61, Hawlucha Lv. 63, Togekiss Lv. 62, Tropius Lv. 60, Pelipper Lv. 60, Altaria Lv. 65
Liza&Tate: Meowstic Female Lv. 60&Meowstic Male Lv. 60, Musharna Lv. 62&Chimecho Lv. 62, Lunatone Lv. 65&Solrock Lv. 65
Wallace: Starmie Lv. 61, Swanna Lv. 63, Ludicolo Lv. 62, Gorebyss Lv. 60, Huntail Lv. 60, Milotic Lv. 65
Juan: Lanturn Lv. 61, Lumineon Lv. 63, Wailord Lv. 62, Dewgong Lv. 60, Whiscash Lv. 60, Kingdra Lv. 65

Sidney: Mightyena Lv. 67, Cacturne Lv. 66, Crawdaunt Lv. 66, Houndoom Lv. 66, Drapion Lv. 68 Absol Lv. 70
Phoebe: Drifblim Lv. 70, Trevenant Lv. 69, Jellicent Lv. 69, Chandelure Lv. 69, Banette Lv. 71, Dusknoir Lv. 73
Glacia: Mamoswine Lv. 71, Beartic Lv. 71, Avalugg Lv. 71, Glalie Lv. 73, Froslass Lv. 73, Walrein Lv. 75
Drake: Skarmory Lv. 77, Excadrill Lv. 76, Aggron Lv. 78, Armaldo Lv. 79, Cradily Lv. 79, Metagross Lv. 80

Just my interpretation of what I thought, PM for reasonings~

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I'm certain I am to be slaughtered for such thoughts and questions, but why is it not a possibility that we could see new Pokémon?

because games within a generation need to be compatible with each other, and there's nothing else Pokemon-wise in XY beyond Mega Lati@s and the likely event 'mons

Status
Not open for further replies.