• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

boisechris

The Strategist
I doubt that they planned this idea over all the years of the Pokemon games, but there could have been some....inspiration involved.
I am personally somewhat indifferent towards Looker. Sure, he is a nice character, but he does not really have a lasting impression for me.

You're right, but Emma kind of did for me(From the Looker Missions in XY).

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
You're right, but Emma kind of did for me(From the Looker Missions in XY).

I was indifferent towards Emma as well. Sure, she was sort of annoying at times, but I got used to it.
But hopefully SHE does not return....

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
In that vain, i think there should be a group of "good guys" who want to stop evil against Pokemon. That way you could justify loads of double battles against Team Magma/Aqua.

If not that...then maybe getting a different story line for choosing guy/girl? Maybe different pokemon can appear...Team Magma/Aqua do different things based on your gender...etc etc.

Team Aqua/Magma are a team of "good guys" in the version opposite the one in which they play the villains. Only in Emerald were both teams villainous (which is one reason why Emerald is the canon game, since in B2W2, both an ex-Aqua grunt and an ex-Magma grunt can be found, and they will both mention their teams' respective plans).

Hm? There is no way that Gamefreak actually planned that is there? Could that have been early version of Looker?

It's extremely doubtful. He didn't have Looker's quirky speech pattern, and it's not as if Interpol consists of just Looker.

Last edited:

Nodame

Misty <3
My new Mega Evos predictions for the Hoenn remakes:
Metagross and Milotic; for the champions of Hoenn
Latios and Latias; because... duh
Sceptile and Swampert; since blazing chicken got one.
Sableye; Mawile got a Mega and they are version exclusives. Now that the remakes are coming, it would stick out like a sore thumb if Sableye didn't go mega.
Gallade; a bit of a stretch, but would go along well with Mega Gardevoir.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
That's one of the reasons I (and a lot of other people) want to see more of an Emerald storyline than RS. It made absolutely no sense that one team was considered "the good guys" since they had absolutely insane goals. It's just that one team actually attempted to awaken the legendary and the other for whatever reason didn't.

freezer1

Ice-type Fanatic
Team Aqua/Magma are a team of "good guys" in the version opposite the one in which they play the villains. Only in Emerald were both teams villainous (which is one reason why Emerald is the canon game, since in B2W2, both an ex-Aqua grunt and an ex-Magma grunt can be found, and they will both mention their teams' respective plans).

Back in the day when wars were fought by Poochyenas on top of Mt.Chimney...

charamil

hoenn remakes possible mega-evolution?

I've got a pretty interesting theory about the upcoming hoenn remakes.

Kyogre and Groundon may have their own mega-evolution. We can see on the box arts that kyogre isnt really himself. He appears to have more lights on hes body compared to the older version. Even newer markings have appeared.

It may just be to make him look cooler but i'm hoping its a mega-evolution. Comment to give your ideas about this case.

WaterMasterDD

Water Trainer
My new Mega Evos predictions for the Hoenn remakes:
Metagross and Milotic; for the champions of Hoenn
Latios and Latias; because... duh
Sceptile and Swampert; since blazing chicken got one.
Sableye; Mawile got a Mega and they are version exclusives. Now that the remakes are coming, it would stick out like a sore thumb if Sableye didn't go mega.
Gallade; a bit of a stretch, but would go along well with Mega Gardevoir.

I agree with everything you've said here, especially Mega Milotic and Mega Metagross!

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
I agree with everything you've said here, especially Mega Milotic and Mega Metagross!

I would be fine with a few more MegaEvolutions, but I would not be surprised not to get any.
Some of these are fine, but I personally do not agree with all of the reasonings. Of course that does not mean they are not good ideas....

freezer1

Ice-type Fanatic
I've got a pretty interesting theory about the upcoming hoenn remakes.

Kyogre and Groundon may have their own mega-evolution. We can see on the box arts that kyogre isnt really himself. He appears to have more lights on hes body compared to the older version. Even newer markings have appeared.

It may just be to make him look cooler but i'm hoping its a mega-evolution. Comment to give your ideas about this case.

Welcome! I wouldn't suggest trawling through all 163 pages of this thread, but if you read through some 10 pages to get a flavour for what has been going on, you'll see that the subject has been invariably discussed throughout the thread. There has been much debate whether the Kyogre and Groudon on the box art are indeed Mega-Evolutions or Forme Changes or something other, but at this stage we cannot tell for sure. What is beyond doubt is that this isn't a normal Kyogre and Groudon we are seeing so such suggestions and discussion of what you have just mentioned and other theories have already come on this thread. (That is not to say they cannot be discussed again though!)

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
That's one of the reasons I (and a lot of other people) want to see more of an Emerald storyline than RS. It made absolutely no sense that one team was considered "the good guys" since they had absolutely insane goals. It's just that one team actually attempted to awaken the legendary and the other for whatever reason didn't.

No, you misunderstand. In Ruby, Team Aqua didn't want to raise the sea levels like they did in Sapphire. Their sole mission in Ruby was to put a stop to Team Magma's goals, and vice-versa for Team Magma in Sapphire. Ruby!Team Aqua and Sapphire!Team Magma weren't trying to summon Kyogre/Groudon at all; they wanted to prevent Ruby!Team Magma and Sapphire!Team Aqua, respectively, from doing summoning their respective Legendary Pokémon.

Last edited:

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
No, you misunderstand. In Ruby, Team Aqua didn't want to raise the sea levels like they did in Sapphire. Their sole mission in Ruby was to put a stop to Team Magma's goals. And vice-versa for Team Magma in Sapphire. Ruby!Team Aqua and Sapphire!Team Magma weren't trying to summon Kyogre/Groudon at all; they wanted to prevent Ruby!Team Magma and Sapphire!Team Aqua, respectively, from doing so.

Yeah that's what he's describing. In Ruby, Team Aqua are considered the good guys, but if you play Sapphire they're just as insane as Team Magma is in Ruby and vice versa. It doesn't really make a whole lot of sense. But then again, Pokemon.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Yeah that's what he's describing. In Ruby, Team Aqua are considered the good guys, but if you play Sapphire they're just as insane. It doesn't really make a whole lot of sense. But then again, Pokemon.

But they're not insane in Ruby. They don't have a potentially catastrophic goal in that game; they're trying to prevent one. Their philosophy is entirely different from their Sapphire counterparts. If trying to stop Team Magma from expanding the land makes them insane, then your character, too, is insane.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
But they're not insane in Ruby. They don't have a potentially catastrophic goal in that game; they're trying to prevent one. Their philosophy is entirely different from their Sapphire counterparts. If trying to stop Team Magma from expanding the land makes them insane, then your character, too, is insane.

No you're misunderstanding. When comparing both teams between the two versions it makes no sense, they're essentially bipolar.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

I agree about Sableye. It would serve as a good counterpart to Mega Mawile and it's one of the few Pokemon that I want to see get a Mega Evolution.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
I agree about Sableye. It would serve as a good counterpart to Mega Mawile and it's one of the few Pokemon that I want to see get a Mega Evolution.

Well, now that it has a weakness, this is not completely out of the realm of possibility.
I doubt they would give it a MegaEvolution just because it is often seen as a counterpart, but to up its stats a bit, perhaps.

So many people want Mega Sableye...do they not see what it'd do to banette? ;-;
Poor Banette....:p
I just wish that it had a wider movepool.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I just had a theory in mind, though it contain spoilers, so you decide whether or not you wanna read it.

Remember how the event Celebi and the legendary shiny beasts from HeartGold & SoulSilver ended up trigging the Zorua and Zoroark events in Black and White ?
I was thinking... We did discover that Latias and Latios got Mega Evolutions in X and Y. Now the question is, why are their datas in X and Y in the first place, since we now know that Hoenn remakes are coming ?
I theorized that, just like how Celebi and shiny legendary beasts did in the past, these events as a Latias or a Latios with its Mega Stone, who would be distributed into X and Y in a near future before the upcoming release of the remakes, would trigger an event within the remakes. Latias could be distributed into Pokémon X while Latios would be distributed in Pokémon Y (Latias's red color contrasting with X and Latios's blue color contrasting with Y). And once one is traded into Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire, they would trigger some sort of side-quest or another event related to the Eon Duo (perhaps connected to the Southern Island, event location of the second member of the Eon Duo in Ruby and Sapphire). That would explain why Latias and Latios's Mega Evolutions were discovered in X and Y and the possible new Mega Evolutions of the remakes not.
Of course, I still think it could be a normal event distributed for the heck of it and nothing else.

What do you guys think ?

Last edited:

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
I just had a theory in mind, though it contain spoilers, so you decide whether or not you wanna read it.

Remember how the event Celebi and the legendary shiny beasts from HeartGold & SoulSilver ended up trigging the Zorua and Zoroark events in Black and White ?
I was thinking... We did discover that Latias and Latios got Mega Evolutions in X and Y. Now the question is, why are their datas in X and Y in the first place, since we now know that Hoenn remakes are coming ?
I theorized that, just like how Celebi and shiny legendary beasts did in the past, these events (Latias and Latios), who would be distributed into X and Y in a near future before the upcoming release of the remakes, as a Latias or a Latios with its Mega Stone, trigger an event within the remakes. Latias could be distributed into Pokémon X while Latios would be distributed in Pokémon Y (Latias's red color contrasting with X and Latios's blue color contrasting with Y). And once one traded into Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire, they would trigger some sort of side-quest or another event related to the Eon Duo. That would explain why Latias and Latios's Mega Evolutions were discovered in X and Y and the possible new Mega Evolutions of the remakes not.
Of course, I still think it could be a normal event distributed for the heck of it and nothing else.

What do you guys think ?

Sounds better than some other ideas that I have read.
I am not sure if they would do this, but it is not a bad idea.

freezer1

Ice-type Fanatic
Poor Banette....:p
I just wish that it had a wider movepool.

Yes, and not only that, it is such a shame that that huge 165 Base Attack goes to such a waste too as a cause of that...

I really hope they take the gym leader/ e4 roster from emerald. That means Juan as 8th gym leader, Walalce as champion (i probably belong to the minority here :p) and Steven as strongest trainer.
I just loved it that way lol.
Tho i like the idea that Wallace is 8th gym leader and steven champ and after beating the e4 and champ it will switch to the emerald roster.

I think that is certainly an interesting idea - it would be quite nice to show some progression in the games again with a changing champion, just like in a pokemon Black and White, it was also quite a nice twist of events. I suspect you are in the minority, I just prefer a Steven as the champion (no offence!).

I will probably get shot down for this too, but your post has gave me an idea (I apologise if somebody has suggested this before) of perhaps combining elements from both Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire and Pokemon Emerald, that would keep OR/AS fresh and give it a new twist. How about:

Wallace as the 8th Gym Leader
Steven at Meteor Falls and
Wally as the Hoenn Champion

I brace myself for the onslaught to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.