• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Yes, and not only that, it is such a shame that that huge 165 Base Attack goes to such a waste too as a cause of that...

I think that is certainly an interesting idea - it would be quite nice to show some progression in the games again with a changing champion, just like in a pokemon Black and White, it was also quite a nice twist of events. I think you are in the minority, I just prefer a Steven as the champion (no offence!).

I will probably get shot down for this too, but your post has gave me an idea (I apologise if somebody has suggested this before) of perhaps combining elements from both Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire and Pokemon Emerald, that would keep OR/AS fresh and give it a new twist. How about:

Wallace as the 8th Gym Leader
Steven at Meteor Falls and
Wally as the Hoenn Champion

I brace myself for the onslaught to come.

Yeah, I agree about Banette's wasted attack stat.

As for your ideas:
Wallace-Sure, I liked him as gym leader.
Steven-Better than cutting him obviously.
Wally-LOL. If they do this, it will be hilarious.

Never liked Juan :p I hope they go with Wallace for 8th gym leader & Steven for champion.
It would also be cool if Steven was involved with mega stones & if he had mega pokemon in his team :)
Juan can go away lol

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Never liked Juan :p I hope they go with Wallace for 8th gym leader & Steven for champion.
It would also be cool if Steven was involved with mega stones & if he had mega pokemon in his team :)
Juan can go away lol

I didn't care for Juan or Wallace (which is strange since I love Water-types), but I hope Wallace is the Sootopolis Gym Leader regardless since I want Steven to be Champion.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
I didn't care for Juan or Wallace (which is strange since I love Water-types), but I hope Wallace is the Sootopolis Gym Leader regardless since I want Steven to be Champion.

I am pretty sure, based on all the discussions on this lately, that this is the prevailing majority.
As for Juan, I am not sure what his majority wants yet. I still vote for the sidequest/contest/rebattleable postgame trainer theories.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
I liked the idea people were throwing around about having Wallace and Juan be version exclusive 8th gym leader while Steven remains champion. I'd like that as it would keep the original RS champion (who I thought was much harder than Wallace as champion) intact while still having those emerald elements in it like Juan being in the game. the only issue I see with this is maybe Wallace's presence within the game might not be as prevalent as it was in the original RS because of this.

I just now realized the gym leaders are most likely all getting redesigns and I can't wait for that

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I liked the idea people were throwing around about having Wallace and Juan be version exclusive 8th gym leader while Steven remains champion. I'd like that as it would keep the original RS champion (who I thought was much harder than Wallace as champion) intact while still having those emerald elements in it like Juan being in the game. the only issue I see with this is maybe Wallace's presence within the game might not be as prevalent as it was in the original RS because of this.

Drayden/Iris's role in the storyline wasn't affected by which one was the gym leader. I wouldn't expect Wallace/Juan to be affected either.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
Drayden/Iris's role in the storyline wasn't affected by which one was the gym leader. I wouldn't expect Wallace/Juan to be affected either.

that's actually a really good point and besides that I don't think Wallace actually had that big of a role up until the brawl between the titans started so I guess it's not that big of a deal. either way I still hope this is what happens.

freezer1

Ice-type Fanatic
Who is hoping that the Elite 4 get some back stories this time round? Maybe they could introduce Phoebe at Mt. Pyre. Wasn't it her grandma or something that's the old lady up there who hands out the Orbs? Maybe we could meet Drake in Meteor Falls but not be explicitly told he is a member of the Elite 4 (obviously we all know he is, but it'd be a nice touch!).

Snivy18

Who is hoping that the Elite 4 get some back stories this time round? Maybe they could introduce Phoebe at Mt. Pyre. Wasn't it her grandma or something that's the old lady up there who hands out the Orbs? Maybe we could meet Drake in Meteor Falls but not be explicitly told he is a member of the Elite 4 (obviously we all know he is, but it'd be a nice touch!).

This will be a full remake, but not so sure about the back stories... sounds like a good idea though. :)

boisechris

The Strategist
I've got a pretty interesting theory about the upcoming hoenn remakes.

Kyogre and Groundon may have their own mega-evolution. We can see on the box arts that kyogre isnt really himself. He appears to have more lights on hes body compared to the older version. Even newer markings have appeared.

It may just be to make him look cooler but i'm hoping its a mega-evolution. Comment to give your ideas about this case.

I doubt they're mega evolutions, but perhaps they are Omega form Groudon and Alpha form Kyogre(or something to that extent).

Last edited:

Snivy18

I doubt they're mega evolutions, but perhaps they are Omega form Groudon and Alpha form Kyogre(or something to that extent).

Soo.. pretty much just a new form?

Well, it could be possible, just like what they did in Platinum, White 2, and Black 2, as Kyruem and Girintina got new forms.

freezer1

Ice-type Fanatic
Also, Flannery had a granddad. I'm sure he'll get a mention in these remakes when we battle her, maybe if they're branching out the man might make an appearance himself. Perhaps I am asking too much.

boisechris

The Strategist
Also, Flannery had a granddad. I'm sure he'll get a mention in these remakes when we battle her, maybe if they're branching out the man might make an appearance himself. Perhaps I am asking too much.

Speaking of Flannery, I can't wait to see her in 3D *Small pervy grin*

Reactions: VS

Firebrand

Indomitable
I kind of want Wallace to be the 8th leader with Steven as the champion not because I prefer Steven to Wallace or because I dislike Juan or whatever, but just that I'd rather see a variety of types in use by strong trainers, hopefully with updated rosters, as opposed to having the final gym leader and the champion having the same type. I'm more okay with Steven's typing having some overlap with Roxanne because Roxanne is fought so early on that your strategies for the two are completely different (like, who even needs a strategy for Roxanne?)

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
No you're misunderstanding. When comparing both teams between the two versions it makes no sense, they're essentially bipolar.
But at that point it doesn't matter, because the two versions are separate. Sapphire's Team Aqua has nothing to do with Ruby's Team Aqua, and comparing them with the expectation that the philosophy of one will have any relevance to the other is a pointless exercise. You may as well compare one of them with Team Galactic.

Status
Not open for further replies.