• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlatinumD3

X and Y are fun, but one thing I hope is it is not too similar.

NightFire7

I wonder if areas such as Faraway Island, Navel rock and birth Island will be available? Those areas could be accessed in Emerald via event. Hoenn has a lot of secret areas.

Charizard_Millky

Punk Rock > You
I think we can roughly work out which Pokemon we should be able to get within the game by seeing what cannot be caught within BW, BW2 and XY. This would eliminate needing to transfer from gens 3&4.

Pokemon not found in those 3 games are (not including Gen 3 Pokemon and Events):
- Chikorita line
- Cyndaquill line
- Todadile line
- Unown
- Legendary Beasts
- Lugia
- Ho-Oh
- Turtwig line
- Chimchar line
- Piplup line
- Dialga
- Palkia
- Giratina

Reason why I didn't include Gen 3s is because these games are gen 3... So, in Gen 3 we finished the Hoenn Dex we got a Johto Starter seems likely to happen again. Legendary Beasts could roam based on starter, likely. Unown... not sure where these guys could be put in. Maybe somewhere in the desert or under the Battle Frontier? Lugia and Ho-oh have Navel Rock but hopefully not as an event. Maybe after obtaining all 3 legendary beasts? Rowan could show up to give the player a Sinnoh starter like Steven did in Johto? As for the gen 4 box legends, I don't really have a clue. Maybe Mt Pyre and you can only summon Giratina if you bring both Dialga and Palkia like in HGSS?

I personally want more legends in these games to help eliminate the need for gen 5 as well but I doubt that would happen

Snivy18

I think we can roughly work out which Pokemon we should be able to get within the game by seeing what cannot be caught within BW, BW2 and XY. This would eliminate needing to transfer from gens 3&4.

Pokemon not found in those 3 games are (not including Gen 3 Pokemon and Events):
- Chikorita line
- Cyndaquill line
- Todadile line
- Unown
- Legendary Beasts
- Lugia
- Ho-Oh
- Turtwig line
- Chimchar line
- Piplup line
- Dialga
- Palkia
- Giratina

Reason why I didn't include Gen 3s is because these games are gen 3... So, in Gen 3 we finished the Hoenn Dex we got a Johto Starter seems likely to happen again. Legendary Beasts could roam based on starter, likely. Unown... not sure where these guys could be put in. Maybe somewhere in the desert or under the Battle Frontier? Lugia and Ho-oh have Navel Rock but hopefully not as an event. Maybe after obtaining all 3 legendary beasts? Rowan could show up to give the player a Sinnoh starter like Steven did in Johto? As for the gen 4 box legends, I don't really have a clue. Maybe Mt Pyre and you can only summon Giratina if you bring both Dialga and Palkia like in HGSS?

I personally want more legends in these games to help eliminate the need for gen 5 as well but I doubt that would happen

To be honest, I think it's a great idea, but it's kinda too much. I really think it should be events. I mean, Legends are really cool and powerful, but if you were to claim lots of them, the game would just get boring easily, and you'd be way to OP'd for anybody.

I think they should give out other Starter lines as Events also. I just think of that, I mean, the PokeDex is a hard goal to accomplish. But if you were to get that many Pokemon that easily, to me, seems kind of easy.

Last edited:

Charizard_Millky

Punk Rock > You
To be honest, I think it's a great idea, but it's kinda too much. I really think it should be events. I mean, Legends are really cool and powerful, but if you were to claim lots of them, the game would just get boring easily, and you'd be way to OP'd for anybody.

I think they should give out other Starter lines as Events also. I just think of that, I mean, the PokeDex is a hard goal to accomplish. But if you were to get that many Pokemon that easily, to me, seems kind of easy.

Going as far back as gen 4:
DP had 9 non events all where gen 4
Pt had 12 non event legends 3 where non gen 4
HGSS had 14 legneds where 8 where non gen 2
BW had 9 legneds all gen 5
BW2 had 17 legneds where 11 where non gen 5

Remakes/Second games have many more legendaries than the original pioneer games. XY has 7. Only 3 are gen 6. This would also make it a bit easier for Nintendo to remove gens 3 and 4. ORAS itself will remove gen 3.

R_N

I don't think that Unown should be obtainable in-game, rather that it should be from trade/migration.

I mean, it seriously stressed me out, looking for 26 of them in SS, and then 2 more. It's a goal that can keep you going, but I just think it's not really worth it. Plus, what can you do with them? All that they have is Hidden Power, which is pretty useless.

Then don't collect all of them

Its still dumb to keep them locked away in games that are now 5 years old. And I don't think any of them are even made anymore.

LassGabby

I wish I was a tree.
Then don't collect all of them

Its still dumb to keep them locked away in games that are now 5 years old. And I don't think any of them are even made anymore.

Not to mention that the wi-fi services for these games will be shut down soon.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while

Okay, but what happens to the trading and social aspect of the games (bar fan forums)? Perhaps if this were to happen there would have to be only one starter from each generation that someone could receive during this event. This way the trading aspect is fulfilled and you have to find others to fill up your PokéDex.
Keep in mind that starters (including evolutions) don't even make up 1% of the whole dex (54/718), so even by just giving out all the previous starters doesn't help much in completing the National Dex.

There needs to be some sort of fusion of all the unknown :|

Yea-No.

Charizard_Millky

Punk Rock > You
Okay, but what happens to the trading and social aspect of the games (bar fan forums)? Perhaps if this were to happen there would have to be only one starter from each generation that someone could receive during this event. This way the trading aspect is fulfilled and you have to find others to fill up your PokéDex.
Keep in mind that starters (including evolutions) don't even make up 1% of the whole dex (54/718), so even by just giving out all the previous starters doesn't help much in completing the National Dex.

Yea-No.

Starters won't be events. They'll either be available in game or we won't see them. Also 54/718 is 7.52% :p. One line of starters 6/718 is 0.83%

Charizard_Millky

Punk Rock > You
where do you think Unburden Treecko and Iron Fist Chimchar come from

True, I skipped gen 5 so missed some stuff, my appoligises. Still don't see them as events when there are nice and logical ways to introduce them in-game

grenwood

i hope they do something better than the friend safari and instead of tying all the safaris to friend codes they do streetpass or something. or you could have it be like the mall in black 2 and white 2 where streetpass is optional and you get am amount of people that come in everyday and the ones you add have the all the 3 sets of pokemon that you would get from someones friend code. if they include all the possible sets that they include in the current friend safari then it would still take a long time to complete just like the mall did, and people wouldnt be screwed if their friend safari that they were given for their own game sucked. mine sucked and i cant get any of the good friend safaris.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I made a few improvements to my Hoenn Dex idea:

[SPOIL]
1. Treecko
2. Grovyle
3. Sceptile
4. Torchic
5. Combusken
6. Blaziken
7. Mudkip
8. Marshtomp
9. Swampert
10. Poochyena
11. Mightyena
12. Zigzagoon
13. Linoone
14. Rattata
15. Raticate
16. Wurmple
17. Silcoon
18. Beautifly
19. Cascoon
20. Dustox
21. Lotad
22. Lombre
23. Ludicolo
24. Seedot
25. Nuzleaf
26. Shiftry
27. Taillow
28. Swellow
29. Wingull
30. Pelipper
31. Ralts
32. Kirlia
33. Gardevoir
34. Gallade
35. Surskit
36. Masquerain
37. Azurill
38. Marill
39. Azumarill
40. Budew
41. Roselia
42. Roserade
43. Shroomish
44. Breloom
45. Slakoth
46. Vigoroth
47. Slaking
48. Cottonee
49. Whimsicott
50. Petilil
51. Lilligant
52. Poliwag
53. Poliwhirl
54. Poliwrath
55. Politoed
56. Geodude
57. Graveler
58. Golem
59. Nosepass
60. Probopass
61. Abra
62. Kadabra
63. Alakazam
64. Nincada
65. Ninjask
66. Shedinja
67. Skitty
68. Delcatty
69. Zubat
70. Golbat
71. Crobat
72. Whismur
73. Loudred
74. Exploud
75. Chingling
76. Chimecho
77. Machop
78. Machoke
79. Machamp
80. Meditite
81. Medicham
82. Makuhita
83. Hariyama
84. Sableye
85. Mawile
86. Aron
87. Lairon
88. Aggron
89. Magikarp
90. Gyarados
91. Goldeen
92. Seaking
93. Tentacool
94. Tentacruel
95. Vanillite
96. Vanillish
97. Vanilluxe
98. Electrike
99. Manectric
100. Plusle
101. Minun
102. Magby
103. Magmar
104. Magmortar
105. Elekid
106. Electabuzz
107. Electivire
108. Magnemite
109. Magneton
110. Magnezone
111. Voltorb
112. Electrode
113. Joltik
114. Galvantula
115. Klink
116. Klang
117. Klinklang
118. Oddish
119. Gloom
120. Vileplume
121. Bellosom
122. Gulpin
123. Volbeat
124. Illumise
125. Doduo
126. Dodrio
127. Togepi
128. Togetic
129. Togekiss
130. Carvanha
131. Sharpedo
132. Wailmer
133. Waillord
134. Numel
135. Camerupt
136. Vulpix
137. Ninetales
138. Growlithe
139. Arcanine
140. Slugma
141. Magcargo
142. Torkoal
143. Grimer
144. Muk
145. Koffing
146. Weezing
147. Sandshrew
148. Sandslash
149. Spinda
150. Darumaka
151. Darmanitan
152. Skarmory
153. Swablu
154. Altaria
155. Zangoose
156. Seviper
157. Barboach
158. Whiscash
159. Lunatone
160. Solrock
161. Spoink
162. Grumpig
163. Trapinch
164. Vibrava
165. Flygon
166. Cacnea
167. Cacturne
168. Gible
169. Gabite
170. Garchomp
171. Baltoy
172. Claydol
173. Lileep
174. Cradily
175. Anorith
176. Armaldo
177. Igglybuff
178. Jigglypuff
179. Wigglytuff
180. Corphish
181. Crawdaunt
182. Croagunk
183. Toxicroak
184. Tropius
185. Feebas
186. Milotic
187. Castform
188. Kecleon
189. Tangela
190. Tangrowth
191. Larvesta
192. Volcarona
193. Pichu
194. Pikachu
195. Raichu
196. Psyduck
197. Golduck
198. Wynaut
199. Wobbuffet
200. Natu
201. Xatu
202. Girafarig
203. Phanpy
204. Donphan
205. Pinsir
206. Heracross
207. Rhyhorn
208. Rhydon
209. Rhyperior
210. Shuppet
211. Banette
212. Duskull
213. Dusclops
214. Dusknoir
215. Litwick
216. Lampent
217. Chandelure
218. Misdreavus
219. Mismagius
220. Absol
221. Frillish
222. Jellicent
223. Staryu
224. Starmie
225. Remoraid
226. Octillery
227. Mantyke
228. Mantine
229. Lapras
230. Spheal
231. Sealeo
232. Walrein
233. Seel
234. Dewgong
235. Cubchoo
236. Beartic
237. Snorunt
238. Glalie
239. Froslass
240. Clamperl
241. Huntail
242. Gorebyss
243. Chinchou
244. Lanturn
245. Finneon
246. Lumineon
247. Skrelp
248. Dragalge
249. Clauncher
250. Clawitzer
251. Relicanth
252. Tynamo
253. Eelektrik
254. Eelektross
255. Corsola
256. Horsea
257. Seadra
258. Kingdra
259. Luvdisc
260. Druddigon
261. Bagon
262. Shelgon
263. Salamence
264. Beldum
265. Metang
266. Metagross
267. Regice
268. Regirock
269. Registeel
270. Regigigas
271. Latias
272. Latios
273. Kyogre
274. Groudon
275. Rayquaza
276. Jirachi
277. Deoxys[/SPOIL]

Pokemon Added to the Dex (New ones from last time in bold):
Rattata- Rt. 101, Rt. 102
Raticate- Rt. 120, Rt. 121
Gallade- Evolve Kirlia
Budew- Petalburg Woods
Roserade- Evolve Roselia
Cottonee- Rt. 123 (AS only)
Whimsicott- Evolve Cottonee
Petilil- Rt. 123 (OR only)
Lilligant- Evolve Petilil
Poliwag- Rt. 104 (North side tall grass only), Surf/Fish in various areas
Poliwhirl- Rt. 114, Rt. 115, Surf/Fish in various areas
Poliwrath- Evolve Poliwhirl
Politoed- Evolve Poliwhirl

Probopass- Evolve Nosepass in New Mauville
Chingling- Rusturf Tunnel, Meteor Falls
Vanillite- Gift from the Seashore House on Rt. 109 (by defeating all of the trainers)
Vanillish- maybe Shoal Cave?
Vanilluxe- Evolve Vanillish
Magby- Rt. 110 (Omega Ruby only)
Magmar- Evolve Magby
Magmortar- Evolve Magmar
Elekid- Rt. 110 (Alpha Sapphire only)
Electabuzz- Evolve Elekid
Electivire- Evolve Electabuzz

Magnezone- Evolve Magneton in New Mauville
Joltik- New Mauville
Galvantula- Evolve Joltik
Klink- New Mauville
Klang- Evolve Klink
Klinklang- Evolve Klang
Togepi- Rt. 117
Togetic- Evolve Togepi
Togekiss- Evolve Togetic

Growlithe- Rt. 112, Fiery Path, Jagged Pass (OR only, AS gets Vulpix instead)
Arcanine- Evolve Growlithe
Darumaka- Rt. 113
Darmanitan- Evolve Darumaka

Gible- Rt. 111
Gabite- Evolve Gible
Garchomp- Evolve Gabite
Croagunk- Rt. 119, Safari Zone
Toxicroak- Safari Zone

Tangela- Rt. 120, Rt. 121, Rt. 123
Tangrowth- Evolve Tangela
Larvesta- Breed Volcarona
Volcarona- Encounter in Scorched Slab
Rhyperior- Evolve Rhydon
Dusknoir- Evolve Dusclops
Litwick- Mt. Pyre
Lampent- Evolve Litwick
Chandelure- Evolve Lampent
Misdreavus- Mt. Pyre
Mismagius- Evolve Misdreavus
Frillish- Abandoned Ship, Rt. 122, Rt. 124-128, Rt. 132-134
Remoraid- Rt. 124-131
Octillery- Evolve Remoraid
Mantyke- Rt. 124-131
Mantine- Evolve Mantyke
Lapras- Rt. 125, Shoal Cave (High Tide)
Seel- Shoal Cave
Dewgong- Shoal Cave
Cubchoo- Breed Beartic
Beartic- Shoal Cave
Froslass- Evolve Snorunt
Finneon- Underwater
Lumineon- Evolve Finneon
Skrelp- Underwater
Dragalge- Evolve Skrelp
Clauncher- Underwater
Clawitzer- Evolve Clauncher

Tynamo- Breed Eelektrik
Eelektrik- Seafloor Cavern
Eelektross- Evolve Eelektrik
Druddigon- Victory Road
Regigigas- Encounter in Sealed Chamber after catching the other Regis

Type Balance:
Normal- 14 (Linoone, Raticate, Swellow, Slaking, Delcatty, Exploud, Dodrio, Spinda, Zangoose, Wigglytuff, Castform, Kecleon, Girafarig, Regigigas)
Grass- 13 (Sceptile, Ludicolo, Shiftry, Roserade, Breloom, Whimsicott, Lilligant, Vileplume, Bellosom, Cacturne, Cradily, Tropius, Tangrowth)
Fire- 10 (Blaziken, Magmortar, Camerupt, Ninetales, Arcanine, Magcargo, Torkoal, Darmanitan, Volcarona, Chandelure)
Water- 32 (Swampert, Ludicolo, Pelipper, Azumarill, Poliwrath, Politoed, Gyarados, Seaking, Tentacruel, Sharpedo, Waillord, Whiscash, Crawdaunt, Milotic, Golduck, Jellicent, Starmie, Octillery, Mantine, Lapras, Walrein, Dewgong, Huntail, Gorebyss, Lanturn, Lumineon, Clauncher, Relicanth, Corsola, Kingdra, Luvdisc, Kyogre)
Electric- 10 (Manectric, Plusle, Minun, Electivire, Magnezone, Electrode, Galvantula, Raichu, Lanturn, Eelektross)
Rock- 11 (Golem, Probopass, Aggron, Lunatone, Solrock, Cradily, Armaldo, Rhyperior, Relicanth, Corsola, Regirock)
Ground- 10 (Golem, Camerupt, Sandslash, Whiscash, Flygon, Garchomp, Claydol, Donphan, Rhyperior, Groudon)
Flying- 18 (Beautifly, Swellow, Pelipper, Masquerain, Ninjask, Crobat, Gyarados Volbeat, Illumise, Dodrio, Togekiss, Skarmory, Altaria, Tropius, Xatu, Mantine, Salamence, Rayquaza)
Ice- 8 (Vanilluxe, Lapras, Walrein, Dewgong, Beartic, Glalie, Froslass, Regice)
Fighting- 8 (Gallade, Breloom, Poliwrath, Machamp, Medicham, Hariyama, Toxicroak, Heracross)
Psychic- 19 (Gardevoir, Gallade, Alakazam, Chimecho, Medicham, Darmanitan, Lunatone, Solrock, Grumpig, Claydol, Wobbuffet, Xatu, Girafarig, Starmie, Metagross, Latias, Latios, Jirachi, Deoxys)
Bug- 12 (Beautifly, Dustox, Masquerain, Ninjask, Shedinja, Galvantula, Volbeat, Illumise, Armaldo, Volcarona, Pinsir, Heracross)
Poison- 10 (Dustox, Roserade, Crobat, Tentacruel, Swalot, Muk, Weezing, Seviper, Toxicroak, Dragalge)
Ghost- 8 (Shedinja, Sableye, Banette, Dusknoir, Chandelure, Mismagius, Jellicent, Froslass)
Dragon- 10 (Altaria, Flygon, Garchomp, Dragalge, Kingdra, Druddigon, Salamence, Latias, Latios, Rayquaza)
Dark- 7 (Mightyena, Shiftry, Sableye, Sharpedo, Cacturne, Crawdaunt, Absol)
Steel- 9 (Probopass, Mawile, Aggron, Magnezone, Klinklang, Skarmory, Metagross, Registeel, Jirachi)
Fairy- 6 (Gardevoir, Azumarill, Whimsicott, Mawile, Togekiss, Wigglytuff)

Last edited:

R_N

I desire a post-game that's not just about fighting the Battle Frontier if it even returns. XY's post-game was nearly as horrible as Gen I's post-game.

RB: Dungeon+Legend
XY: Roaming legend, Battle Maison, friend safari, dungeon+legend (sort of...part of a dungeon, really. Not sure why all of terminus wasn't cut off, frankly), another legend, rival battle, ~mega stone hunt~, and the looker subplot

XY's is more in line with, well, Emerald
Roaming legend, Battle Frontier, safari expansion, ~legend hunt~ (Rayquaza is available after the sootopolis event so he's not post game), desert underpass, gym rematches (if the rng smiles on you), Steven

I think ideally, they'd add some more routesssss somewhere (underwater ruins could be cool). Maybe expand the frontier (also: bring the frontier back) to have more non-battle facility stuff. Sudowoodo & the artisan cave was nice but how about somethign more. Add more caves that are filled with something other than smeargle. Maybe turn it into something like DPt's Battle island, but split the 7 facilities around into bunches connected by new routes with a bunch of pokemon & high level trainers in them.

Maybe we can have a brief subplot about galactic plasma magma/aqua (the one who was helping you, preferably) remnants who want to do somethingsomethingsomething (try the other legend? rayquaza? the regi? something entirely unrelated?) and you have to stop them

e: And hopefully there won't be a mega stone hunt. Or if there is, don't be stupid and put a bunch of ones that would be REALLY USEFUL (SUP MAWILITE. MEDICHAMITE. BANETTEITE) in the post game

penguin100

Avid Pokemon Master
attachment.php

Well this is the list. It includes Groudon and Kyogre.

I just saw this list and wanted to point something out
It looks blurry, but you can definitely make out that towards the end of the list it says 'Rayquaza" and following it are 'Sceptile' and 'Metagross' at the end.
Its a list of the new mega evolutions
I couldn't make out 'Swampert' anywhere though, but this is encouraging
so I think its safe to say that Nintendo has a few more surprises for us in the mega evolution department

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
In terms of post game, what do you have in mind? Are you thinking of HGSS, whose post-game was already long in the original? Or are you thinking more or BW or BW2 where they tried to put in some plot post game?

I'm hoping that ORAS will try to make connections to another game (maybe DPP or XY) as a way to extend the plot and maybe give some hints to the next game.

BCVM22

so I think its safe to say that Nintendo has a few more surprises for us in the mega evolution department

Safer to say people are leaping to a conclusion based on information of questionable meaning.

If we had a document of otherwise identical ilk that somehow indicated the opposite, would we be so hasty to accept that as gospel as well? Food for thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.