• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
would you guys be furious if the legendaries are shiny lock for these games too?

I wouldn't be bothered by it too much. From all the legendaries that can be shiny legitimately, the only one I don't have yet is Shiny Landorus.

But if I'm someone who don't have those shiny legendaries yet, then yes, I would hate them for putting the shiny lock when they can be shiny in the originals.

Lykouros

Sandslash fan
I really hope that Lati@s will be SRable in this game.

I've been wanting to be able to get a usable Latias without cheating for ages.

I think this was possible in BW2, as I remember resetting to get the proper nature'd Latias for quite some time. Aside from that game, however, I don't think it was possible?

would you guys be furious if the legendaries are shiny lock for these games too?

Nah. I'm not a die-hard shiny hunter, so it dosen't matter to me one way or the other.

On the subjecy of how Dive works, whether in ORAS or the original RSE, I think that as your swimming under the water, the (water) Pokemon your surfing/diving with is somehow giving you some kind of infinite air supply.

Just a theory.

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
I'm hoping ORAS will give us the legendary beasts depending on which start you chose, as a parallel to the legendary birds for XY. I just hope ORAS doesn't imitate XY and make you encounter them 12 times before you can catch it. Asides from that, I'm hoping we'll get event pokemon for Shaymin, Arceus, or Manaphy. Did they ever have events after gen 4?

Does anyone think May or Brendan might be replaced by a new character like Lyra did for Kris?

Last edited:

LassGabby

I wish I was a tree.
I'm hoping ORAS will give us the legendary beasts depending on which start you chose, as a parallel to the legendary birds for XY. I just hope ORAS doesn't imitate XY and make you encounter them 12 times before you can catch it.

Does anyone think May or Brendan might be replaced by a new character like Lyra did for Kris?

I really hope not. I like both of them, but most of all I LOVE their clothes, especially May's. To me, May is the only female protagonist that really looks like she is going on an adventure. You know, in the wild. With dangerous, super powerful beasts. Her attire looks comfortable and practical, it offers mobility and leaves her hands free in case she needs both of them.

Last edited:

gamers4all

Poke-Poke
I am pretty sure everyone here is expecting new Mega Evolutions

However... I am also pretty sure, in the anime and game, they stated Mega Evolution was Unique to Kalos region...

Mega Evolution is described as an Evolution beyond all Evolution, a transformation found only in the Kalos region.
^from Pokemon XY's official website

In which this new game, is actually just a "Remake"... wouldn't it be weird if they had Mega Evolution in it? LOL

(sry if this sounds like speculating, but I just found it to be interesting)

Personally, I want more Megas, but this would also mean messing up X Y's unique story line.

If anything, new Megas should only be in new game regions instead of old regions that we already know not to have certain stuffs in it.

R_N

However... I am also pretty sure, in the anime and game, they stated Mega Evolution was Unique to Kalos region...

In which this new game, is actually just a "Remake"... wouldn't it be weird if they had Mega Evolution in it? LOL

Personally, I want more Megas, but this would also mean messing up X Y's unique story line.

If anything, new Megas should only be in new game regions instead of old regions that we already know not to have certain stuffs in it.
well the moment any region other than kalos has mega evolution this is bunk

and somehow i doubt they are never going back to the mega evolution well, so may as well break it now and hand wave it as "discovered" and "thought unique to"

shadowF

would people feel cheated if we don't get new megaevolutions for hoenn? just wondering.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
would people feel cheated if we don't get new megaevolutions for hoenn? just wondering.

As someone who doesn't care for Mega Evolutions in general, I wouldn't be bothered. But I'm sure that other people would feel cheated.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
^ I wouldn't. I'm not expecting there to be new Mega-evolutions in ORAS. To me, they don't really seem like something to be included in remakes. That doesn't mean I don't absolutely want them in these games. If they make it in, cool.

So by that logoc, the Fairy type should be left out of ORAS too then?
Gamefreak probably won't leave out the Fairy type or Mega Evolution. That's like saying that Pokémon Abilities should have been left out of HGSS or FRLG because it wasn't in the originals.
As for the whole "it'll mess with the XY storyline" aspect, including Mega Evolution wouldn't be that hard; simply have someone mention a new, more powerful evolution method discovered in a far away region and voila, everthing is good.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

No. I don't expect to see any new ones.

Dragoniss

I'm 26 now, why am I still here?

Well yeah kinda. I'm waiting for my mega swampert...

Mega Evolution is a mechanic that Gamefreak has pushed most of their chips in on. They really can't just back down on it now. It completely changed the meta and the game itself. Also being a remake doesn't mean it can't have new things. I mean just look at Wind Waker HD, there were things added or changed in that game. A remake should never be a 1:1 thing, there have to be things added into the remake to make it worth peoples money and time, if not then you're better off getting the original.

So by that logoc, the Fairy type should be left out of ORAS too then?
Gamefreak probably won't leave out the Fairy type or Mega Evolution. That's like saying that Pokémon Abilities should have been left out of HGSS or FRLG because it wasn't in the originals.
As for the whole "it'll mess with the XY storyline" aspect, including Mega Evolution wouldn't be that hard; simply have someone mention a new, more powerful evolution method discovered in a far away region and voila, everthing is good.

Pretty much that.

You can hate mega evolution all you want but it's a mechanic that gamefreak can't just drop now. Not after they pushed it so hard in X and Y. My money is on it being here to stay in every game to come.

Last edited:

bolter1

Swampert Trainer
well the moment any region other than kalos has mega evolution this is bunk
Does Pokemon Origins count?

I wouldn't feel cheated, but more a little disappointed (cheated and disappointed mean slightly different things) that we didn't get MegaSwampert/Sceptile since this seems like the perfect time to release them.

Status
Not open for further replies.