• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
ill be the first to say I have not participated in a single sky battle as I didn't carry and flyers or levitators main game in either play through so I don't care whether they return or not in ORAS

Prakhar

Normal: The abnormal
Hope that fishing is easier than R/S/E

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
Pft, Sky Battles are so last year, the cool kids play Dive Battles nowadays.

Epic quote of the day.

Another thing, I hope they bring back customisation, I really liked it in X/Y. And the Dive battles sound awesome, but there's one problem. We don't have access to Dive until late in the game, so even if we do get them, they may be very few I'm afraid. And, for Arceus' sake, I hope we get to rechallenge Sky or Dive Trainers, Sky Trainers in X/Y were ...well, you can't rebattle them after you beat them.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
My problem with Sky Battle is how stupid the restriction is, some Pokemon clearly capable of flying or levitating can't join because their model doesn't show them flying/levitating or because they aren't part flying, while Gyarados of all things can join.

Some of the models also ends up looking strange because the models are suited only for Sky Battles.

As for Gengar, they should just prevent the Mega option from being used in Sky Battle.

elorasheppard

Agreed. Sky battlea weren't that interesting.

I think its because they weren't very prevalent. And a couple I went straight past because I want close enough to the wall to trigger the challenge so it was a bit of a let down in all honesty

If they were to make them a bit showy..er, and put a few more in, they might be better and I would be happy to see them return in ORAS. It might be kinda cool to hae a sky battle against winona (not as the actual gym battle tho, that would be too restricting)

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I think its because they weren't very prevalent. And a couple I went straight past because I want close enough to the wall to trigger the challenge so it was a bit of a let down in all honesty

If they were to make them a bit showy..er, and put a few more in, they might be better and I would be happy to see them return in ORAS. It might be kinda cool to hae a sky battle against winona (not as the actual gym battle tho, that would be too restricting)

No, it's because there's nothing different about it besides restricting certain Pokemon and moves. At least with other battling methods, there's some key differences in the battling style that use a different strategy.

NightFire7

Would people care to see more inverse battles? That psychic inver was probably the hardest NPC trainer in XY. So would people like to see more NPC trainers that specialize in inverse battles?

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
Would people care to see more inverse battles? That psychic inver was probably the hardest NPC trainer in XY. So would people like to see more NPC trainers that specialize in inverse battles?

I definitely would. at first it bothered me that he was the only inverse trainer since you're limited to one a day but the battles are tough enough I guess and he doesn't always have the same team. that kinda makes up for it but I do hope there are some or even one in hoenn

BM14murph

Master Collector
I think it would be only fair to include inverse and sky battles into ORAS now that they have been introduced whether we like it or not , they are legit types of battles.
Now Im talking a very few battles just have 1 or 2 trainers that specialize in that battle or have them as options in a cafe or something.

Typhlosion_Hunter_Mark

Galaxy Trainer
I didn't really care for sky battles while playing pokemon X. But I think they can make them more interesting when they're more integrated in the plot. For example I'm expecting that the gym battle with Winona will be a Sky Battle.

Inverse battles are fun but nothing more than that IMO. So I guess just one psychic guy will be enough again.

freezer1

Ice-type Fanatic
I didn't really care for sky battles while playing pokemon X. But I think they can make them more interesting when they're more integrated in the plot. For example I'm expecting that the gym battle with Winona will be a Sky Battle.

Inverse battles are fun but nothing more than that IMO. So I guess just one psychic guy will be enough again.

Having the opportunity to have a Sky Battle is good, but downright forcing the player to have one, and force them to stop and level-grind several Flying types to be able to take on Winona seems quite harsh. Players might not necessarily want to have to use lots of a Flying and levitating Pokemon. Maybe having the option to have a Sky Battle win her post-game would be much better, as I do think it is quite a nice idea, but it isn't viable if it plays a critical checkpoint to completing the game.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
They should add trainers down underwater if your diving in my opinion. o3o

Underwater battles are very likely to happen in this game. But we don't know if GF is willing to implement that idea.
I think that only PURE Fire, Ground and Rock Pokemon should be restricted.

And I agree that there should be more Inverse battles.
Actually, apart from Single & Double battles, I would like that all other battle styles (Triple, Rotation, Sky, Inverse) to occur more often.

On a related note, I think Tag Battles from Emerald would occur very often here as well.

blackterminator3

They should have a night time in this game. I mean back in the day of the originals, we didn't have a night time for the towns and routes. All we had was just a day time. Hopefully we will get a night time theme.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
They should have a night time in this game. I mean back in the day of the originals, we didn't have a night time for the towns and routes. All we had was just a day time. Hopefully we will get a night time theme.

I don't see why they wouldn't bring in the day/night system into ORAS. It's been a standard mechanic now so it's a given.
And Night-version themes would be a nice addition.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
I don't see why they wouldn't bring in the day/night system into ORAS. It's been a standard mechanic now so it's a given.
And Night-version themes would be a nice addition.

Concerning the day-night system, is it only me who thinks that when it goes into night in X/Y it doesn't look like it's really night? I found it a little strange.

Hope the day/night system gets an update of sorts in OR/AS.

Status
Not open for further replies.