• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I wonder how they will implement being able to access pokemon's hidden abilities. Will it be post game or would it be like bw2 where some pokes with their hidden abilities were available during the story mode, having access to technician Breloom during the story mode comes to mind.

I prefer that they should keep the Hordes for pre-E4, and Friend Safari for post-game.
Hidden Hollows can be a total pain.

LassGabby

I wish I was a tree.
Something that I REALLY want is to be able to dress my character like if she was a member of one of the evil organizations (actually, just Team Magma, but still).
I think it would be really cool if we could get the grunt uniform as a gift from the leader of the organization that is trying to counter the one that is causing trouble on each game. I mean, if I was playing Alpha Sapphire, Archie would be the crazy one and Maxie would try to stop him. Maxie could give me a Magma uniform for helping him stopping Archie. For Omega Ruby, it would be the other way round.

HoennMaster

Route 111 should be all desert. i think they'll implement the same trick of the infamous Lumiose Badlands (Route 13).
hopefully, they won't include those digging pokemon that chase the player.

The route is long as it is, all desert would be annoying. Not to mention there are other things along the route like the Winstrate Family and Trainer Hill that would have to be moved.

Bakphoon™

Heated Fury
That day I was saying that I wish we could see the Pokemon we are surfing on like we did in X and Y (Lapras). I meant that I wish it would be something similar to this fake scan. I would really like if GF makes something like this :D

DaggerY

Collector
That day I was saying that I wish we could see the Pokemon we are surfing on like we did in X and Y (Lapras). I meant that I wish it would be something similar to this fake scan. I would really like if GF makes something like this :D

If they did that I would probably die of brain overload, that would be a great idea but it would be very tedious for modelers and animators.

Shiny Swalot

Shiny Swalot Powerz!
You know what I would like? The ability to backtrack to kanto and johto postgame. That way there also don't have to be remakes from FRLG, and a lot of pokemon are catchable then

BCVM22

You know what I would like? The ability to backtrack to kanto and johto postgame. That way there also don't have to be remakes from FRLG, and a lot of pokemon are catchable then

Pokémon from those regions can be included completely independent of the regions themselves. "That way there also don't have to be remakes from FRLG" is completely arbitrary and not impetus for anything to happen or not happen, and they aren't going to to arbitrarily and randomly include a second full region in these games, much less a third.

Christ

Things I would like AND am absolutely sure without a shadow of a doubt we`ll get:

-it being 3d

-fairy type included (if anything, in ralts and evo)

Things I would like that I am sure we´ll get

-New Megas (if anything, only kyogre and groudon.)

-Secret Bases

Things I hope they put

- Megas of the other starters, not just Blaziken. If they did, I would expect them to eventually give megas to all starters evah =D

-New megas in general, at least say, two (other than starters and legendaries of the games)

-Customization of player

- I know I am corny, but I liked pokemon ami :D I`d love if it stayed. Also Supertraining, though I would be more confident on supertraining staying that pokemon ami.

Things I`d love to have, but I am sure they wont give us:

-New (non-mega) evolutions of other pokemon that should`ve had one long time ago

-A pokemon following me around! Why is this not standard?! It should be been standard since long ago! I want my Pick Up Linoone following me around :D

-The posibility to travel to Kanto or other regions. It did say a whole new world to explore :D . to me the best of all worlds would be a completely new adventure that is truly new, and then the posibility to pass through the Hoenn region AFTER winning game. :D

-If not the one above, at least make the ones using surf and fly to LOOK like themselves, and not a shade

-(I know this one is completely impossible, even by the very story that is the standard) the posibility of using an older person as a player. At least a teenager. (I know I know, but the thread thing said things we desired, not necesarily thought were going to ever happen xD)

So those are the things I desire and/or expect.

Last edited:

Zold

Pokémon Breeder
Basically, I would be amazingly happy if one of the following makes it in:
Mega-Chimecho with an ability which casts heal bell whenever you enter the battlefield. (Loses Levitate, but get's the fairy type!)
Mega-Masquerain, with Drizzle. (This would allow you to have intimidate, Sticky Web and Drizzle on one Pokemon!)

I guess the chances are below 1% but who knows xD It'd be really cool.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
-A pokemon following me around! Why is this not standard?! It should be been standard since long ago! I want my Pick Up Linoone following me around :D

Because it would take up a very large amount of data space and would further strain the already-taxed game engine.

-The posibility to travel to Kanto or other regions. It did say a whole new world to explore :D . to me the best of all worlds would be a completely new adventure that is truly new, and then the posibility to pass through the Hoenn region AFTER winning game. :D

So, basically, you want them to not be remakes?

-If not the one above, at least make the ones using surf and fly to LOOK like themselves, and not a shade

This is also a data space thing. Making individual models for every Pokémon that can use either Surf or Fly would be incredibly tedious and would take up too much space to justify it since it would have no value beyond aesthetic detail (in a mere five-second sequence in the case of Fly).

C O C O

Things I hope they put

- Megas of the other starters, not just Blaziken. If they did, I would expect them to eventually give megas to all starters evah =D

-New megas in general, at least say, two (other than starters and legendaries of the games)

-Customization of player

- I know I am corny, but I liked pokemon ami :D I`d love if it stayed. Also Supertraining, though I would be more confident on supertraining staying that pokemon ami.

Things I`d love to have, but I am sure they wont give us:

-New (non-mega) evolutions of other pokemon that should`ve had one long time ago

-(I know this one is completely impossible, even by the very story that is the standard) the posibility of using an older person as a player. At least a teenager. (I know I know, but the thread thing said things we desired, not necesarily thought were going to ever happen xD)

So those are the things I desire and/or expect.

i'm positive that Sceptile and Swampert will receive megas. how unfair it would be if they don't. they'll be left out. even if X and Y don't have their Mega data, GF could just patch those games so it'll be able to interact with ORAS. ;)

i don't think Pokemon Amie is corny at all. it's always better to have add a little spice in the games. oh and of course trainer customization and super training will stay. it's gen 6. it sort of became an essential part of it. it would be a big step back if they weren't included. ;)

a pokemon following you around ? of course its not gonna happen. it's 3d and we're talkin' 'bout actual pokemon sizes here. how awkward it would be if a Wailord follows you around. xD

i too would like to have a teenager as a player (16 or 15 years old perhaps?) but it's a full remake and not a sequel so... :/

Christ

Because it would take up a very large amount of data space and would further strain the already-taxed game engine.

So, basically, you want them to not be remakes?

This is also a data space thing. Making individual models for every Pokémon that can use either Surf or Fly would be incredibly tedious and would take up too much space to justify it since it would have no value beyond aesthetic detail (in a mere five-second sequence in the case of Fly).

Ah, so it`s confirmed they are definetely just remakes? Oh well

About the space thing, I did list it on the things I doubt they would put. the thing is they did do it with a game so its not like it felt impossible, then again, coco does make a point I hadnt consider about the 3d thing n_nU

i'm positive that Sceptile and Swampert will receive megas. how unfair it would be if they don't. they'll be left out. even if X and Y don't have their Mega data, GF could just patch those games so it'll be able to interact with ORAS. ;)

i don't think Pokemon Amie is corny at all. it's always better to have add a little spice in the games. oh and of course trainer customization and super training will stay. it's gen 6. it sort of became an essential part of it. it would be a big step back if they weren't included. ;)

a pokemon following you around ? of course its not gonna happen. it's 3d and we're talkin' 'bout actual pokemon sizes here. how awkward it would be if a Wailord follows you around. xD

i too would like to have a teenager as a player (16 or 15 years old perhaps?) but it's a full remake and not a sequel so... :/

You are right I hadnt considered the space thing D: . But you know? It kinda makes me think then they should use that on their favour to include less pokemon but still make it possible that at least SOME can follow yu around. Say, all that are below 6 feet or something like that... maybe smaller ones... Idk, I think at least one day it should be possible. Tell me who doesnt want to have some pokes following them around? If anything at least small ones like me having my linoone with me :D

Awesome Fairy thing BTW, on your sig.

Yeah I did leave the interaction out but I also have little doubt that would happen. Actually, what I didnt say is that I have a feeling this game will have A LOT of legenedaries. Think of all the legendaries that are not in kalos and thus cannot be "kalos" born? We probably should say "pentagon" from now on I guess xD. I suspect a bunch of legendaries from other games, likethey did in silver that had way more legendaries than actual silver and gold, and they were from other games.

I also wished something else, some other encouragement to play Pokemon Amie, some in game encouragemen. DK, something to make it feel more interactive, but its a really nice adittion to the game that lets you interact with your pokes :) .

Yeah its really unlikely the different age thing. Unlikely in general I would expect.

Funny thing is I always did imagine them older, evenwhen I was a kid. I imagined Ash being at least 12 not 10. Oh well x)

C O C O

Awesome Fairy thing BTW, on your sig.

I also wished something else, some other encouragement to play Pokemon Amie, some in game encouragemen. DK, something to make it feel more interactive, but its a really nice adittion to the game that lets you interact with your pokes :) .

thanks ;)

i'm not so sure that Pokemon Amie will be included in ORAS. i mean it's poke-MON AMIE. it means "friend" in French and since Kalos is GF's representation of France and Hoenn is a different region, the interaction system might come out as a different name in ORAS, not Mon Amie.
but what if there won't be such thing in the remakes ? how will GF implement Eevee's evolution mechanic on Sylveon ? Max friendship and a fairy move ? I really think that can wait till Gen 7 and Sylveon will only be available in ORAS via trade from X and Y. i don't see anything wrong with that tbh. but hey, anything could happen. we're still in the middle of the news drought here lol

Last edited:

Jessie_James

I have returned!
I'm really hoping to see the trainer customization return..that was such a great thing for X/Y...and yes updated Pokemon Contests

Christ

I`d expect something similar to waht they did to Mylotic and contests if there was no equivalent. It definetely provokes no problem because of this.

C O C O

I'm very doubtful that they'll pull the same Gym designs in Pokemon R/S. and they should make drastic changes to match the 3D and X and Y's amazing Gym designs.
I mean if we compare the original R/S gyms (in 3D) and the X/Y gyms, it would be a bit unflattering. They have to make use of the 3D feature properly and get, idk, creative.

so here's my expectations for the Gyms' makeovers:

Roxanne's : a Museum of pokemon statues.
Brawley's : The warehouse is fine as it is. they only have to add a little unexpected twist.
Wattson's : Hoenn region's power source, anyone ?
Flannery's : Underground where Mt. Chimney's magma chains are.
Norman's : Is fine as it is cause I understand his gym's motif. :)
Winona's : this one needs help cause it didn't make sense in the originals lol. Since her gym is located in Fortree, how about making it a giant tree? remember
Ramos' gym in Kalos ? It had a huge tree where the player can climb it in an external spiral path. This time, Winona's will be inside the tree, same spiral path and whatever
gimmicks GF would put there until the player reaches her at the top of the tree.

Tate and Liza's / Wallace's: not sure tbh . GF better surprise us with these ones. ;)

thoughts ? :)

Photonkrios95

Im sure this has been said on half the pages of this thread, but, they aren't going to introduce new pokemon mid generation.

aswertyuiol

Cold turkey.

That would take so much programming and loads of time; I doubt they'll do that.

--

Also, Pokemon looking like themselves when they surf/fly is not going to happen. Individual sprites for almost every Pokemon that learns Surf/Fly? What about Mew? Zigzagoon? How would they make that work?

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
I hope they don't have the stupid wind thing from route 13 in the new ones. That thing was ANNOYING!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.