• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

C.y.a.n

Ace Trainer
This would be great. Now if only they'd let us put up hoods and remove hats...

Also I want to see scarfs added along with those and different types of bags beside one strap like a school bag etc.
Yeah I want something like this as well.

Mega Belt buckle would be cool, be like Batman with his utility belt
A crown after you beat the league!

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
the only gym leaders in rse with halfway decent pokemon were Norman (Slaking) and Wallace/Juan (Milotic/Kingdra). And Wallace had a Luvdisc! A LUVDISC
Then you look at other teams and you've got 2 slugmas, swellow & pelipper, Solrock & Lunatone (only made "hard" by being a double battle)...

even if they were kept exactly the same, they would still probably be easier. Everyone in RSE has had 3 generations of movepool expansion(it wasnt until gen 4 that we got steel and bug type moves worth using), new abilities, type change ups, & the special/physical split

I was generally and specifically talking about the X/Y Gym Leaders.

Gen III, well, you didn't have all those weapons ready at your disposal, and the difficulty was just right when fighting all the Gym Leaders, despite their lack of moves and how the Physical and Special areas weren't split yet. I don't know for sure if they'll get harder or easier now that three Gens worth of new mechanics have been introduced.

C.y.a.n

Ace Trainer

Gen III, well, you didn't have all those weapons ready at your disposal, and the difficulty was just right when fighting all the Gym Leaders, despite their lack of moves and how the Physical and Special areas weren't split yet. I don't know for sure if they'll get harder or easier now that three Gens worth of new mechanics have been introduced.
There was a split in stats at that point. It began in third gen.

Nockturne

R_N

There was a split in stats at that point. It began in third gen.

No it didn't.
Gen 4's big thing was that attacks were now split into physical & special regardless of the type.

Gen 3 added the concept of contact, but otherwise something like Bite was still working of the Special stat even though it could activate Static or Flame Body

But all Dark-type moves were labeled as Special attacks and so were Psychic-type moves, including Zen Headbutt.

Zen Headbutt, the move that did not exist until gen 4.

R_N

You said the XY leaders were easy because of their lackluster pokemon. I was pointing out both that rse already had a bunch of lackluster pokemon and that they'll only be easier to handle now then they already were 3 gens ago.

Except Slaking, maybe; Normal type leaders are always jerks since they only have one weakness and so on

Twinhead

Weather trainer
Don't know if its been said yet but.... we. Need. More. D.rizzle, charizard and nintails, abomasnow and aurors, Ttar and hipowdown... Then we have politoed and what? Of you look carefully at this pattern it would appear that the missing summoner needs to have a 4x weakness therefore I think mega swampert will get become our d.rizzler

Also give him two megas one with sap sipper another with da d.rizzle Y? because I herd u liek mudkipz

Nockturne

You said the XY leaders were easy because of their lackluster pokemon. I was pointing out both that rse already had a bunch of lackluster pokemon and that they'll only be easier to handle now then they already were 3 gens ago.

Except Slaking, maybe; Normal type leaders are always jerks since they only have one weakness and so on

Plenty of opportunity to get a fighting type by Norman though, I suppose that's why I don't remember having too much trouble with him.

C.y.a.n

Ace Trainer
No it didn't.
Gen 4's big thing was that attacks were now split into physical & special regardless of the type.

Gen 3 added the concept of contact, but otherwise something like Bite was still working of the Special stat even though it could activate Static or Flame Body
Sorry I meant the split of Atk from into Atk and Sp.atk not the way moves actually worked.

R_N

Plenty of opportunity to get a fighting type by Norman though, I suppose that's why I don't remember having too much trouble with him.

He's still a pain since Slaking is just a raw bundle of stats. Man it'd be crazy if they added a double battle mode (outside the emerald-style rematches) and gave him his emerald Spinda with Skill Swap

e: Though hilariously susceptible to Toxic/Protect

Sorry I meant the split of Atk from into Atk and Sp.atk not the way moves actually worked.

That was gen 2, which split gen 1's Special stat into Special Attack & Special Defense

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Considering that they'd be giving the player some big buffs based on mechanics, the bosses probably aren't going to run the same sets they were in RSE.

Really, XY was mostly wrecked by Exp. Share mechanics and Mega Evolutions. If those are somehow restricted in ORAS (which they likely won't be), it'll be a decent challenge.

He's still a pain since Slaking is just a raw bundle of stats.

If there's anything in Pokemon that requires some amount of actual strategy to defeat, it's probably Norman's Slaking.

R_N

Considering that they'd be giving the player some big buffs based on mechanics, the bosses probably aren't going to run the same sets they were in RSE.

Really, XY was mostly wrecked by Exp. Share mechanics and Mega Evolutions. If those are somehow restricted in ORAS (which they likely won't be), it'll be a decent challenge.

If there's anything in Pokemon that requires some amount of actual strategy to defeat, it's probably Norman's Slaking.

you can always just not use megas or exp share
I didn't! And I almost got wrecked by Clemont and Valarie

Literally no one should have had trouble with Wulfric.

e: Though, really, exp share is like midgame (I think? maybe earlier? I cant remember which errand gets you it) and who knows when megas would crop up.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
people don't think to restrict themselves to make the game harder unless said restriction is explicitly stated to be making the game harder, since there's no badass cred otherwise

Nockturne

you can always just not use megas or exp share
I didn't! And I almost got wrecked by Clemont and Valarie

Literally no one should have had trouble with Wulfric.

e: Though, really, exp share is like midgame (I think? maybe earlier? I cant remember which errand gets you it) and who knows when megas would crop up.
You get the exp share from President Stone after you give the Letter to Steven, which I think you can do without getting the second badge, so its roughly the same as X/Y

R_N

You get the exp share from President Stone after you give the Letter to Steven, which I think you can do without getting the second badge, so its roughly the same as X/Y

Ahh right, though I don't think you can backtrack to rustboro until going through mauville? My memory of Briney's railroading is fuzzy

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Ahh right, though I don't think you can backtrack to rustboro until going through mauville? My memory of Briney's railroading is fuzzy

IIRC you can use Briney to backtrack until you can/open up Rusturf Tunnel

so yeah, pre-req for Exp. Share is Granite Cave cleared, unless they change it

Photonkrios95

You'd take the boat back to Petalbourgh then trek through the forest.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
SO, since we've seen the boxart, it's safe to assume that this will be the first remake without a bundled gimmick right?

FRLG: Wireless Adaptor
HGSS: Pokéwalker (R.I.P.)

people don't think to restrict themselves to make the game harder unless said restriction is explicitly stated to be making the game harder, since there's no badass cred otherwise

But why, then, suggest restrictions on the new mechanics if you admit those complaining about exp. share (which I love the way it is now) and mega evos basically didn't think to not use them? It would affect those of us who do enjoy those features.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.