• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I kinda wanna see more integration of the opposite team into each version, if only to make it clear that neither team is "good" in either version.

Mudcat

I expect that the Generation III starters will all get Mega Evolutions and hope the rest do as well.

shadowF

would you guys want 6th generation pokemon to be in the games or would you rather not have them in the games? kinda like how it was in fr and lg where there were no 3rd generation pokemon in the games.

Snivy18

would you guys want 6th generation pokemon to be in the games or would you rather not have them in the games? kinda like how it was in fr and lg where there were no 3rd generation pokemon in the games.
I don't think they should, I mean, I hope they add transfers, speaking of which they should, and you could just breed your Starter from XY and transfer it over to ORAS.

HoennMaster

That is redundant.

I'd rather have a small post-game plot that involves the other team trying to do something else.
For example... in Alpha Sapphire, the main villains are Team Aqua. Post-game, a short plot revolves on Team Magma. Then vice-versa.

They should just follow Emerald's plot and add a few elements. There's plenty of places for both teams to focus on.

Not until after the Elite 4. Just the original Hoenn Dex plus the new evolutions and pre-evolutions introduced in Generation IV.

Tiffany

Staff member
Super Mod
I know the games will just be remakes, but I would LOVE to see Wally as a gym leader. Highly unlikely, I know, but I think that'd be amazing for his character development.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor

Given how comparatively small the Hoenn Regional Dex is to more recent Regional Dexes (namely BW2 and XY), I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

I don't think they should include a lot of 6th gen Pokemon since they're already in XY, but I'd definitely want to see an expanded Hoenn Dex.

Rakurai

If there's Pokemon contests, I'm probably going to bank over some 5th and 6th gen Pokemon to use in them.

On a side note, I'm starting to think that we're not getting any more new megas this gen, after recalling that they had renewed the trademarks on Groudon and Kyogre long before OR/AS was even announced in anticipation of giving them new forms/megas.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
I don't think they should include a lot of 6th gen Pokemon since they're already in XY, but I'd definitely want to see an expanded Hoenn Dex.

For the expanded Hoenn Dex you want them to do the opposite in HGSS to included evolution of 3rd generation Pokemon and their baby forms.

Since we just had them in the previous games, don't make them be not so prevalent in the beginning. leave the majority of them until the post game. It would be fine to have the odd Kalos Pokemon pop up before then, but not all the time.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
For the expanded Hoenn Dex you want them to do the opposite in HGSS to included evolution of 3rd generation Pokemon and their baby forms.

Um...what?

What I'd want is for them to include all of the 4th gen evos and a bunch of 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, and a few of 6th gen Pokemon, adding a few more Ice, Ghost, Dragon, and Fairy Pokemon in and fleshing out the distribution for a couple of the areas that don't really have a lot of variety (the sea routes, Rt. 113, New Mauville, Rt. 123, Seafloor Cavern, Cave of Origin, Victory Road, stuff like that).

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
Um...what?

What I'd want is for them to include all of the 4th gen evos and a bunch of 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, and a few of 6th gen Pokemon, adding a few more Ice, Ghost, Dragon, and Fairy Pokemon in and fleshing out the distribution for a couple of the areas that don't really have a lot of variety (the sea routes, Rt. 113, New Mauville, Rt. 123, Seafloor Cavern, Cave of Origin, Victory Road, stuff like that).

That's what I'm saying since in HGSS you couldn't get both evolution or incense items until post game.

AzzyFox

Elite Trainer
Assuming we're getting contests back, think of all the new techniques we get to try out that have not yet been given contest categories. I'm interested to see how they'll come into play.

I imagine most Fairy moves will fall under the Cute and Beauty category.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
That's what I'm saying since in HGSS you couldn't get both evolution or incense items until post game.

I hate when they do that in remakes, it makes those Pokemon less usable. I mean, it's a remake, the whole point is to improve the experience with modern mechanics. Why are cross gen evolutions not part of that? It would make them a lot more popular in their home region.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
i'm surprised this thread reached over 200 pages when there's nothing much to discuss yet.
anyway, i'm really looking forward for the characters' redesign, especially Glacia's. she looks entirely different from the mangas cause
THIS
Ruby_Sapphire_Glacia.png

looks like a drag queen.

Maybe if that Drag Queen was cheap didn't know how to dress/apply make-up...

Then again, even a broke Drag Queens would not be caught dead in that thing!

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
Another rival would be a really interesting addition...

The thing with Wally was that you barely ever saw him and as for Brendan/May they were far too nice...

They've been pushing quirky/dark personalities so I'd quite like them to implement a rival that isn't a friend. I really liked Blue and Gold because they battled you because they didn't think you deserved what you have- it could be interesting to do that in this game especially considering your father is a gym leader.
Edit: Another rival might work, but I think it's better if the game was to try and focus improving the rivals they already had in the original games. Maybe we can hear more about May's dream besides helping her dad do the research.

Brendan and May's battling style are ok, but battling doesn't seem to be their focus because of their unevolved staters. Both are nice, but there isn't anything about their personalities that make them memorable imo. Maybe the game can try to give them more appearances post-game to avoid ruining what the original games had. I'm not sure what we can do about May and Brendan to make them more interesting rivals to be honest. Brendan struck me as a tsundere who doesn't like getting beaten by you in battles. Not that he admits it. May is the nice girl? I only played as the boy once, so I don't remember much about May.

I have no issues with the other nice rivals after Hoenn. Yes, they were nice, but their odd personalities made the games more interesting to me. Barry was the annoying kid who acted like he was high on sugar, but is actually terrifying in battle if you underestimate him. Because nearly all of Barry's pokemon know Close Combat and his Roserade knows poison moves. Cheren and Bianca were like bad rival, good rival where they had different battling styles and personalities. I actually liked Cheren and Bianca because both of them had conflicting problems in the plot and had to discover themselves. Hugh was ok, he was like the nice older brother like figure to your character and spent more time helping you out than battling you. XY rivals was...a disaster. Four rivals sounds nice on paper, but it didn't work out because Trevor and Tierno were often left in the background while Shanna and Calem/Serena did most of the work battling wise and storywise.

Last edited:

HoennMaster

If there's Pokemon contests, I'm probably going to bank over some 5th and 6th gen Pokemon to use in them.

I'm curious to see how Pokémon that are transported into ORAS that originated back in RSE, that also had ribbons, will be treated.

I have a Pokémon that won the Normal, Super, and Ultra ranks in the Hoenn contests but never got Master being transporting to Diamond. Could I transport it to ORAS and automatically be able to enter it into the Master Rank? I doubt it, but it would be something nice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.